Western v Eastern. The Chip

beaverlover
SE

Re: Western v Eastern. The Chip

Post by beaverlover »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:18 am Mattash with The Chip.

Pretty hip and happening.

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict that The Indian and Beaver faithful thoroughly enjoy watching Piketon and Waverly play for 3rd.
I'll go out on a limb and say u know Pike County pretty well :lol:

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Western has only won the Holiday Classic once. I’ll say this year marks the second...

TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

If Western wins tonight. I think Fitch would be the first coach to win the classic with 2 different schools. Idk the tournaments entire history, but thought it was a fun little stat.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

TripleDouble wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:59 am If Western wins tonight. I think Fitch would be the first coach to win the classic with 2 different schools. Idk the tournaments entire history, but thought it was a fun little stat.
Would love to see that happen.....

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

Good luck tonight Eagles!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Can someone post the rosters for both Eastern and Western Pike with numbers please ...

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:11 pm Can someone post the rosters for both Eastern and Western Pike with numbers please ...
EASTERN
3 Evan Leist (SR) Starter
5 Drake Ferguson (JR)
10 Logan Clemmons (SO)
12 Dillon Mattox (SO) Starter
20 Hunter Cochenour (JR) Starter
22 Oran Logan (SR)
23 Parker Clemmons (SR)
30 Cody Weaver (SR) Starter
32 Michael Miller (SR) Starter
33 Bailey Strong (JR)
42 Ethan Perry (SO)
50 Auston Deitrich (SR)

WESTERN
1 Reed Brewster (FR)
2 Terrell Francis (JR)
3 Coleman Gibson (JR) Starter
5 Dylan Theobald (JR)
10 Austin Beckett (JR)
11 Maverick Ferneau (JR) Starter
12 Colton Montgomery (SO)
13 Sheldon Richardson (JR)
14 Alex Humphrey (SR) Starter
23 Lane Brewster (SR) Starter
24 Joey Urbina (SO)
33 Broc Jordan (JR) Starter
41 Sage Collinsworth (SO)

I noted those who started last night

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thank you smurray!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Updates?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Scorestream says

Eastern 20
Western 17. Half

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Showing--Eagles 28
Western 21 in the 3rd

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Eagles--57
Western--53

Congrats to the Eagles big wins in back to back nights to win the Pike County Holiday Classic

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats to Eastern

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Eastern lead 8-7 after one
Eastern lead 20-17 at the break
Eastern lead 36-29 after three

Eastern built an 11 point lead at 49-38 with 4:20 to play but Western pulled back within 1 at 54-53 with .55 to play on a three from Humphrey.
Weaver made 1 -2 FT’s with .29 to go for a 55-53 Eastern lead.
Western called timeout with .14 with that same score to set up a play to tie or three ball to take the lead.
Brewster, who scored 16 of his game high 25 in that 4th quarter (willing his team back) penetrated the lane but his shot failed to go in with .05 to play.
Weaver was promptly fouled and made the first for a 56-53 Eastern lead, but missed the second. Easterns Miller came away with the rebound which sealed the Indians fate. Miller made one of two make it 57-53.

EASTERN SCORING
Evan Leist 19 (All Tournament Team)
Michael Miller 15 (Tournament MVP)
Cody Weaver 12
Parker Clemsons 6
Hunter Cochenour 5
Eastern was 14-26 from the line

WESTERN SCORING
Lane Brewster 25 (All Tournament Team)
Alex Humphrey 19
Maverick Ferndale 6
Broc Jordan 4
Western was 11-16 from the line

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Congrats Eagles on a hard-fought and well-earned championship!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

smurray wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:21 pm Eastern lead 8-7 after one
Eastern lead 20-17 at the break
Eastern lead 36-29 after three

Eastern built an 11 point lead at 49-38 with 4:20 to play but Western pulled back within 1 at 54-53 with .55 to play on a three from Humphrey.
Weaver made 1 -2 FT’s with .29 to go for a 55-53 Eastern lead.
Western called timeout with .14 with that same score to set up a play to tie or three ball to take the lead.
Brewster, who scored 16 of his game high 25 in that 4th quarter (willing his team back) penetrated the lane but his shot failed to go in with .05 to play.
Weaver was promptly fouled and made the first for a 56-53 Eastern lead, but missed the second. Easterns Miller came away with the rebound which sealed the Indians fate. Miller made one of two make it 57-53.

EASTERN SCORING
Evan Leist 19 (All Tournament Team)
Michael Miller 15 (Tournament MVP)
Cody Weaver 12
Parker Clemsons 6
Hunter Cochenour 5
Eastern was 14-26 from the line

WESTERN SCORING
Lane Brewster 25 (All Tournament Team)
Alex Humphrey 19
Maverick Ferndale 6
Broc Jordan 4
Western was 11-16 from the line
Excellent rundown again smurray ! thanks for saving me all that typing LOL ... good game in the night cap for the Championship ... both Western and Eastern have fine teams - both well coached , each outstanding go to guys ... I totally enjoyed the Championship game as Lane Brewster almost brought Western all the way back with his 16 points in the 4th quarter ! ... Eastern has the temperament of Coach Barrick - I watched him throughout the game - he stayed calm throughout whether the Eagles were up 7-8 or whether Western had just drew within 2 with :14 to play - the same ... his TEAM didn't panic either , handled the pressure found the open cutters to the bucket ... a couple of HUGE rebounds by Miller in the last 5.2 seconds one at the defensive end and the other at the offensive end - Michael Miller is a PLAYER ... Leist/Miller/Weaver/Cochenour all solid players for EHS ... I thought Parker Clemons played an outstanding game for the Eagles tonight 6 points but played solid D and took care of the ball ... good game ! good to run into Cody Remmington's family (Waverly) ... Coach Huffer (Chillicothe head coach) , Coach S. Legg stopped up in the cheap seats for to talk some hoops as did Coach Kelley for Piketon ... Kollin Van Horn's (Fairland Big Man in the middle for 4 years- now graduated) dad stopped up to say high and let me know that Kollin and Branden Maughmer are both starting as freshmen for Cedarville University and doing well !!! always great to see the parents of players I have followed throughout their high school careers - and glad they feel comfortable enough to STILL stop by and say hello in the cheap seats ! ...

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd even though we are rivals Van Horn's dad is a great gentlemen. We sat together at the Ironton Classic.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Every time I see Waverly play they impress me ... 32 minutes of non stop pressure ... Coach Robertson played 10 before emptying the bench to finish out the game ... all 10 players scored ... every one plays D - if you as the offense have ANY weakness handling the ball - it's going the other way in transition ... Cody Remington/Cobe Marquez/Trey Robertson are as quick with the ball as you will find ... I've read the knock on the Tigers is when they are forced to play in the half court ... tonight they had no problem - hitting 9 three pointers ... could have been even more lopsided had a few more treys fallen (9/21) ... I wouldn't want to play the Tigers come tourney time - ask Sheridan what that's like from last year at the Convo ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:54 pm Pfloyd even though we are rivals Van Horn's dad is a great gentlemen. We sat together at the Ironton Classic.
... I totally agree peake71 - such a good guy, I was totally surprised to see him at the Waverly tourney BUT it's always a pleasure talking to him and all of the other parents I have met over the years ... Mr. Van Horn sounded so proud of how Kollin is doing at the next level - great to hear that he is not only playing but starting and doing well - I believe he said that Cedarville is undefeated in their league ... they have played a number of Div 1 teams (ie the University of Akron) ... good stuff ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”