Most difficult place to play?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Re: Most difficult place to play?

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Of course it has a lot to do with the talented team they have, but Logan has gone 16-1 (I believe) at home since the start of last year.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Most difficult place to play?

Post by 93Bulldog »

loganlocos wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:13 pm Ironman92 alerted me to this thread on Twitter.

Logan played at the old high school - on a stage/gym - from 1933ish (I don’t have my notebook/history handy) until 1992.

Logan moved to the new middle school gym (Katie Smith Gymnasium) in Feb of 1992. Katie played the last two games of her Varsity career there.

The “new” gym opened with a boys/girls varsity double header against Warren. I still have my ticket stub. Nearly every seat was “reserved” and handwritten on your ticket.

Katie dropped 50 on Athens on her senior night. It is still the single game LHS scoring mark (boys or girls).

Logan moved straight from the old HS “stage” to the Katie Smith Gymnasium.

93bulldog -

I’m pretty sure Katie DID lose a couple games on the old stage. I think Urbana won there - they had two big time D1 players on that team.

Her freshman year Logan lost about 6 games (not sure how many at home) or so and did not win the SEOAL (Gallia did).
My girlfriend at the time, Cindy Wasko, was guarding Katie the night she dropped in 50. I guess my tips to hold her under 20 didn't go over so well. I hung up my clipboard that night and never got into coaching. lol

Return to “Boys Basketball”