Jackson vs Vinton County

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Re: Jackson vs Vinton County

Post by Spartan12 »

Vinton County is a little down this year but they are always well coached my Matt Combs. This score doesn’t surprise me. Jackson has a nice team.

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

It was a perfect storm for the Ironmen. VC is down, Jackson is not, they have one of the best teams since Reid Arnold played. VC been kicking our butts for years, so they wanted it, had role players hit shots, probably motivated by the transfers, and so on. I would say it was a good win, but VC is down. I am sure they will be back. To me the most impressive thing was watching Coach Combs, he coaches his butt off, and he gets the most from his kids, and they really like him. After watching the VC freshmen and some of the kids on JV, VC will be back, and it may be next year.

Oh, I have one other question. Someone said that Wallis sign with Rio Grande, is that true? As a junior? Wow. If so, who in the heck is he going to guard?

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-m ... -5-foot-10

Who do these players guard? and I believe they are all D1

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Solomon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am It was a perfect storm for the Ironmen. VC is down, Jackson is not, they have one of the best teams since Reid Arnold played. VC been kicking our butts for years, so they wanted it, had role players hit shots, probably motivated by the transfers, and so on. I would say it was a good win, but VC is down. I am sure they will be back. To me the most impressive thing was watching Coach Combs, he coaches his butt off, and he gets the most from his kids, and they really like him. After watching the VC freshmen and some of the kids on JV, VC will be back, and it may be next year.

Oh, I have one other question. Someone said that Wallis sign with Rio Grande, is that true? As a junior? Wow. If so, who in the heck is he going to guard?
Whoever the heck the coach tells him to.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:39 pm
Solomon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:37 am It was a perfect storm for the Ironmen. VC is down, Jackson is not, they have one of the best teams since Reid Arnold played. VC been kicking our butts for years, so they wanted it, had role players hit shots, probably motivated by the transfers, and so on. I would say it was a good win, but VC is down. I am sure they will be back. To me the most impressive thing was watching Coach Combs, he coaches his butt off, and he gets the most from his kids, and they really like him. After watching the VC freshmen and some of the kids on JV, VC will be back, and it may be next year.

Whoever the heck the coach tells him to.
I’m guessing the other teams power forward 🤦‍♂️

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

Pete_Bell wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-m ... -5-foot-10

Oh...yeah. I see the athletic resemblance between those players and Wallis. Are you kidding? :roll:

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Solomon wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:58 pm
Pete_Bell wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:51 am https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-m ... -5-foot-10

Oh...yeah. I see the athletic resemblance between those players and Wallis. Are you kidding? :roll:

likewise most of the players playing in the NAIA are not on the same level as the as the ones in D1 i the video

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Name me a better ball handler in the area ?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Poo Bear wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:04 am

Name me a better ball handler in the area ?
Caleb is a good Ball handler, and can shoot the ball. Only hole in his game is his size. Programs don’t always recruit the best players with the highest upside. The kid is good enough but he is a very VERY high character kid and he comes from good people. A lot of programs at the next level could use a Caleb Wallis.

Return to “Boys Basketball”