Washington Court House at Springfield Shawnee

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Washington Court House at Springfield Shawnee

Post by LucasDavenport »

My first trip to this HS tonight. Always interesting to see a new gym or the tradition it holds inside.

Jv tip at 6:00. Court House trying to keep pace with the others in the very tough Southeastern Sectional.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Washington Court House at Springfield Shawnee

Post by Ironman92 »

How is Shawnee?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

2-5. Haven’t played much, but have played a few really good opponents. Just by scores, it looks like they struggled in those games pretty bad though.

Still, I would imagine a tough road test.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington by 12

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

JV game probably won’t begin until 6:30. Gym just now being cleared from a County Wide Wrestling Extravaganza!

Life on the road.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Shawnee is close to your house

Amirite?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Yeah. Give or take 2 hours.

Just starting JV.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

JV Final:

WCH 36
S Shawnee 33. OT.

Varsity start around 8:25

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Trailing at half, what’s going on Lucas?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Springfield Shawnee 60
Washington Court House 52

WCH 9-9-18-16=52
Sp Sh 15-10-14-21=60

WCH scoring
Steward 20
Upthegrove 15
Porter 9
Burns 6
Tayese 2

Springfield Shawnee scoring
Mitch 23
Hayden 18
Fultz 6
Lanum 6
Siemon 5
McGhee 2

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

When you get time tomorrow or later can you give us an idea of what Shawnee had? We know they had a poor record but maybe a comparison of players or other similar teams we do know.

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 pm When you get time tomorrow or later can you give us an idea of what Shawnee had? We know they had a poor record but maybe a comparison of players or other similar teams we do know.
Extremely active both ends of the floor. Simply wanted it more than WCH tonight. Had probably 10 O-Boards that led to 14/16pts. WCH really struggled offensively, their worst performance of the year. Just looked sluggish tonight, could’ve just been tired and lack of depth forces them to have to play tired. #21 and #20 for Shawnee were very good. Very active on the glass, #21 was probably 6’2 225, looked like a Linebacker very physical. I’d love to see the comparison in FG% for both teams. I don’t know if Shawnee attempted 3 three’s, WCH was probably around 5-for-25 from beyond the arc. I think WCH wins this matchup 8/10 games, just didn’t have a good enough showing tonight.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

goblue1395 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:18 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:54 pm When you get time tomorrow or later can you give us an idea of what Shawnee had? We know they had a poor record but maybe a comparison of players or other similar teams we do know.
Extremely active both ends of the floor. Simply wanted it more than WCH tonight. Had probably 10 O-Boards that led to 14/16pts. WCH really struggled offensively, their worst performance of the year. Just looked sluggish tonight, could’ve just been tired and lack of depth forces them to have to play tired. #21 and #20 for Shawnee were very good. Very active on the glass, #21 was probably 6’2 225, looked like a Linebacker very physical. I’d love to see the comparison in FG% for both teams. I don’t know if Shawnee attempted 3 three’s, WCH was probably around 5-for-25 from beyond the arc. I think WCH wins this matchup 8/10 games, just didn’t have a good enough showing tonight.
Thanks, that tells us a little more

Has WCH played back to back yet this season. Had an easier game last night vs Whiteoak but closer than I thought it might be.....starters get much rest during that game?

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:32 pm
goblue1395 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:18 pm
Thanks, that tells us a little more

Has WCH played back to back yet this season. Had an easier game last night vs Whiteoak but closer than I thought it might be.....starters get much rest during that game?
Starters basically played all but last 3-4 minutes vs Whiteoak. Upthegrove was in foul trouble and had to sit out a little in the first half. And yes first back to back for WCH. Always hate Christmas break games too, usually seem to be more sluggish for our boys.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Pretty accurate assessment by goblue

I try to only post stats after wins or losses, so I’m more than happy that goblue answered your question.

It was one of those nights. My advice would be to put it in the rear view.

I am growing to really like this group though. There are Countless things to improve — but as a group of young men they are moving towards a level of trust needed to conquer the demons that seem to arise along the way or that have been around for a long time. I was proud of the way the staff and kids stayed positive in a negative situation. I believe the team learned from that last night — Adena will come in Tuesday ready to compete and it will be interesting to see the response.

Return to “Boys Basketball”