Waverly @ Oak Hill 1/8/18

Gooaks
Waterboy

Re: Waverly @ Oak Hill 1/8/18

Post by Gooaks »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 pm I’d like to hear this definition of taunting

Turning to the girls after every play against oak hill and hushing the girls with hand motions, using hand motions to tell them to sit down, turning and grinning and sayin things it got around the whole side of the oak hill stands until the guy went and confronted him but by no means did he say a word to any players. He confronted the coaches

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Sounds like Oak Hill lost and Oak Hill fans sitting behind Waverly bench ran their mouths a lot and Waverly coaches respond and Oak Hill fan got ticked and tried to take care of it.

Why would Waverly coaches do anything or even some haha taunting after a huge road win? I’d think they’d be celebrating.

Going to be hard to get this story without team bias.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

Vik wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm Sounds like Oak Hill lost and Oak Hill fans sitting behind Waverly bench ran their mouths a lot and Waverly coaches respond and Oak Hill fan got ticked and tried to take care of it.

Why would Waverly coaches do anything or even some haha taunting after a huge road win? I’d think they’d be celebrating.

Sounds like u got your mine made up already, some can’t handle the truth

You can't handle the truth
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

gametime wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Vik wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm Sounds like Oak Hill lost and Oak Hill fans sitting behind Waverly bench ran their mouths a lot and Waverly coaches respond and Oak Hill fan got ticked and tried to take care of it.

Sounds like u got your mine made up already, some can’t handle the truth
Agreed. You need to keep an open mine when it comes to situations like this

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Gooaks wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:30 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:22 pm I’d like to hear this definition of taunting

Turning to the girls after every play against oak hill and hushing the girls with hand motions, using hand motions to tell them to sit down, turning and grinning and sayin things it got around the whole side of the oak hill stands until the guy went and confronted him but by no means did he say a word to any players. He confronted the coaches
The word “every” just makes it impossible to believe completely as you tell it. I believe coaches turning around as I sit 3-4 rows behind visitor coaches/team when teams come to Jackson. I’ve yelled things in general to people on the court as some of us into fans do and often players or coaches turn around during the game. It’s never yelled to or at them it’s just cheering on the players effort or play they made (occasionally at a ref lol).....those same types that turn around to me I could imagine maybe reacting more to a rowdy student section.

I wasn’t there but I will not believe they turned around after every play against Oak Hill.

Now, two sides to every story....did the students say anything a bit much while behind the Waverly bench or were they very well behaved? Regardless of what they said or did (or didn’t say or do) no players or coaches should respond.

GoBrownies3
Waterboy

Post by GoBrownies3 »

I was at this game directly across from the Waverly bench and nothing about this post is accurate. The oak hill fan came down confronting the entire team (targeting coaches) as soon as the buzzer sounded. Seemed and looked to me like it was an angry OH fan upset about an intense game that didn’t go their way.

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Who were the coaches

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Sounds like a poor sportsmanship on both sides. If the fans are saying something bad enough, then you alert the AD and or the Principal. They are usually standing on one end or another. The assistants never should have responded to them directly.

On another note, thank you Tigers for giving the Oaks their second league loss.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

GoBrownies3 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:57 pm

I was at this game directly across from the Waverly bench and nothing about this post is accurate. The oak hill fan came down confronting the entire team (targeting coaches) as soon as the buzzer sounded. Seemed and looked to me like it was an angry OH fan upset about an intense game that didn’t go their way.
So you was across court and you know what was said and done,No one said anything to a player it was to the coaches. It had nothing to do with the loss, If that the way you want coaches to represent your school, then so be it.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

NOTES I TOOK DURING THE GAME - IF ANYONE CARES ABOUT THE GAME:

At Oak Hill
15-12 after one
(Hammond goal at buzzer)

2nd QUARTER
19-14 6:04 timeout Waverly
21-19 4:28 timeout Oak Hill
(Marquez with 3rd three)
21-21 3:56 Dunn bucket
21-24 2:40 Dunn 3
1:22 only 1 Oak foul & 2 Waverly fouls.
Oak Hill 3 or 4 straight turnovers.
21-27 .40 Cobe 3
21-29 .28 Cody steal and bucket, and one but missed.
23-29 Hammond put back at buzzer.

HALFTIME 23-29
Waverly up

THIRD QUARTER
6:50 23-31 Wolfe bucket
6:25 23-34 Cobe three
5:38 23-36 Dunn bucket and foul. Timeout Oak Hill.
5:38 23-37 Dunn FT
4:47 Darby to line shooting 2
Make, Make 25-37
4:15 28-37 #5 Three
4:04 28-39 Cobe bucket
3:11 28-41 Dunn bucket
2:51 30-41 Hammond bucket
2:35 30-44 Cobe three
2:14 charge on Darby his 2nd
2:02 32-44 #10 bucket
1:28 charge on Darby his 3rd
1:12 32-46 Shoemaker bucket
.33 2nd foul on Cody
.28 34-46 Darby bucket

34-46 END OF THREE
Waverly up

FOURTH QUARTER
7:44 36-46 Darby
7:06 38-46 Darby
7:00 turnover Waverly
6:35 38-49 Trey three pointer
5:52 Darby to the line. 4th foul on Easton. Miss, Make
39-49
5:22 travel Waverly
5:09 41-49 Darby bucket
4:41 COBE to line. Make, Make 41-51
4:26 43-51 Darby bucket
Timeout Oak Hill
4:18 turnover Waverly
4:06 45-51 Darby bucket
2:30 Cobe 1 and 1. Make, Miss
45-52
2:13 Darby miss, out of bounds on Waverly.
1:57 #3 to line 2 shots. Make, Miss 46-52
1:46 Trey one and one. Miss 46-52
1:39 48-52 Darby bucket
Timeout Oak Hill
1:36 Wolfe one and one. Miss 48-52. Waverly ball out of bounds.
Timeout after we couldn’t get it in.
1:29 Dunn shooting 2. Make, Miss 48-53.
1:10 charge on Hammond, his third.
1:06 travel call on cobe after he was fouled.
.56 Dunn to line. Miss, Miss 48-53
.44 Oak Hill to line, Miss FT and ball is out of bounds.
Refs have no clue what to call on out of bounds. Gave it to Oak Hill with .40
.24 Cobe shooting 2. Miss, Miss 48-53, We got rebound.
.23 Cody shooting 2. Make, Make 48-55
.4 48-57 Cody bucket.

FINAL 48-57

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Seems as though there may be a common denominator at work here...

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

This is rich coming from OH fans- because your coach has never ever said- done- acted inappropriate in his HOF career- L.......O......

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Oak Hill lead 15-12 after One
Waverly lead 29-23 at HALFTIME
Waverly lead 46-34 after Three
FINAL 57-48 WAVERLY

Both teams called for 2 fouls in the first half
Waverly called for 9 and Oak Hill 15 in the second half. Oak Hill had around 8 or 9 when they started fouling on purpose.

WAVERLY SCORING
Cobe Marquez 26 (14 first half, 5 threes for the game)
Ethan Dunn 13 (8 first half including a three)
Cody Remington 8
Trey Robertson 6 (2 threes)
Easton Wolfe 2
Payton Shoemaker 2

Waverly was 8 for 18 from the line, including 6 for 14 in the 4th. 2 of those were front ends of one and ones.
(have to do better then that down the stretch)

OAK HILL SCORING
Mason Darby 21 (17 second half,13 third quarter)
Chase Hammond 16 (14 first half)
Keaton Potts 4
Drew Hanning 4
Eric Kallner 3 (3 pointer in the 3rd)

Oak Hill was 4 for 6 from the line

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

smurray wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:29 pm Oak Hill lead 15-12 after One
Waverly lead 29-23 at HALFTIME
Waverly lead 46-34 after Three
FINAL 57-48 WAVERLY

Both teams called for 2 fouls in the first half
Waverly called for 9 and Oak Hill 15 in the second half. Oak Hill had around 8 or 9 when they started fouling on purpose.

WAVERLY SCORING
Cobe Marquez 26 (14 first half, 5 threes for the game)
Ethan Dunn 13 (8 first half including a three)
Cody Remington 8
Trey Robertson 6 (2 threes)
Easton Wolfe 2
Payton Shoemaker 2

Waverly was 8 for 18 from the line, including 6 for 14 in the 4th. 2 of those were front ends of one and ones.
(have to do better then that down the stretch)

OAK HILL SCORING
Mason Darby 21 (17 second half,13 third quarter)
Chase Hammond 16 (14 first half)
Keaton Potts 4
Drew Hanning 4
Eric Kallner 3 (3 pointer in the 3rd)

Oak Hill was 4 for 6 from the line
Good win. Thanks for the rundown.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

People on here have said Waverly couldn’t shoot the 3 but they had to have made over 50% as a team tonight. They made 9 as a team compared to 2 for the Oaks by my count. The hot shooting forced the Oaks out of their zone and into man, which is a total mismatch as this Tigers team is super quick! The refs called around 5 charges on the Oaks and maybe 1 blocking foul which is perhaps a testament to how good Waverly’s defense is. The charges made the Oaks bigs’ preferred style of play very difficult and kinda stalled an offense that is very reluctant to take outside shots. Turnovers were an issue with both teams with many travels and throwaways each. This game was around a 5-6 point game for all of the final 2 minutes of the game with Oak Hill unable to convert on multiple chances due to missed free throws by Waverly. The atmosphere was amazing and makes me want to go to the second meeting between these two. I think both of these teams are very good and I don’t see too many more losses by either team before tournament time. And if Waverly can make even close to that amount of 3s consistently with their athleticism they are a tough out for anyone around.

As for the end of the game I don’t know who started it but it’s a bad look for both of them no matter what was said. The father and daughter involved should probably calm down though as their son/brother is a fantastic player and they have been pushed out of one nearby community already. However I’d like to point out that the actual players of both teams played respectfully of each other all game long which is what you want to see in such a hotly contested game

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

3sUp wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 pm People on here have said Waverly couldn’t shoot the 3 but they had to have made over 50% as a team tonight. They made 9 as a team compared to 2 for the Oaks by my count. The hot shooting forced the Oaks out of their zone and into man, which is a total mismatch as this Tigers team is super quick! The refs called around 5 charges on the Oaks and maybe 1 blocking foul which is perhaps a testament to how good Waverly’s defense is. The charges made the Oaks bigs’ preferred style of play very difficult and kinda stalled an offense that is very reluctant to take outside shots. Turnovers were an issue with both teams with many travels and throwaways each. This game was around a 5-6 point game for all of the final 2 minutes of the game with Oak Hill unable to convert on multiple chances due to missed free throws by Waverly. The atmosphere was amazing and makes me want to go to the second meeting between these two. I think both of these teams are very good and I don’t see too many more losses by either team before tournament time. And if Waverly can make even close to that amount of 3s consistently with their athleticism they are a tough out for anyone around.

As for the end of the game I don’t know who started it but it’s a bad look for both of them no matter what was said. The father and daughter involved should probably calm down though as their son/brother is a fantastic player and they have been pushed out of one nearby community already. However I’d like to point out that the actual players of both teams played respectfully of each other all game long which is what you want to see in such a hotly contested game
Good post

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

3sUp wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:45 pm People on here have said Waverly couldn’t shoot the 3 but they had to have made over 50% as a team tonight. They made 9 as a team compared to 2 for the Oaks by my count. The hot shooting forced the Oaks out of their zone and into man, which is a total mismatch as this Tigers team is super quick! The refs called around 5 charges on the Oaks and maybe 1 blocking foul which is perhaps a testament to how good Waverly’s defense is. The charges made the Oaks bigs’ preferred style of play very difficult and kinda stalled an offense that is very reluctant to take outside shots. Turnovers were an issue with both teams with many travels and throwaways each. This game was around a 5-6 point game for all of the final 2 minutes of the game with Oak Hill unable to convert on multiple chances due to missed free throws by Waverly. The atmosphere was amazing and makes me want to go to the second meeting between these two. I think both of these teams are very good and I don’t see too many more losses by either team before tournament time. And if Waverly can make even close to that amount of 3s consistently with their athleticism they are a tough out for anyone around.

When did anyone say Waverly couldn't shoot the 3?? People have said Waverly struggles in a half-court game from what I'm seeing of Waverly with a win like this and struggles in some other games their season may very well ride or die with the 3 point shot. They're struggle from the free throw line on most nights and that has to be something they fix you can't go 8-18 in high school especially if you plan on going anywhere come tourney time. The Valley game I watched had waverly up comfortably at the end until they went on to miss 7 straight free throws as Valley crept their way back into the game.

gametime
SE

Post by gametime »

For the last part of your post know your facts before u post

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Good win and congrats to the Tigers!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

So can anyone actually post a true account of what happened? It's so subjective at the moment that I honestly can't grip what really happened.

There's always 3 sides to each stories... in this case an Oak Hill side, a Waverly side, now someone please tell me the true story.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”