Waverly @ Oak Hill 1/8/18

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: Waverly @ Oak Hill 1/8/18

Post by Omega »

Vik wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:35 pm Sounds like Oak Hill lost and Oak Hill fans sitting behind Waverly bench ran their mouths a lot and Waverly coaches respond and Oak Hill fan got ticked and tried to take care of it.

Why would Waverly coaches do anything or even some haha taunting after a huge road win? I’d think they’d be celebrating.

Going to be hard to get this story without team bias.
As to the game, my prediction was way off. The Tigers lut the Chillicothe behind them.

As to the fan/player/coach dust up it seems SEOP has had a few reports of incidents throughout the season. Games in South Carolina have had increased police presence due to many similar incidents. A very sad commentary about the state high school sports.

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Great game from the Tigers. Marquez was on fire. seven threes. 26 total. Didn't keep track but Remington must have had 15 rebounds including the one in the last minute off of the missed free throw that got him fouled and he made the two free throws to seal the win. Huge game by Dunn as well. Oak Hill played extremely well with Darby and Hammond both doing what they do best. I was very close to the incident but didn't realize what was going on until it was almost over. I will say this Darby's mom and dad were fired up about something. They were arguing with Waverlys coaches and the police officer stepped in between.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Wow, the shooting woes certainly weren't evident on Route 93 last night! Marquez lit it up!! The Oaks started in a box and one on Robertson, and Cobe made them pay with 26 points and 6 threes. Awesome! Dunn also played very well, scoring and passing the ball with efficiency. Remington played great D and went to the boards like an animal! I thought Shoemaker gave us great minutes playing suffocating D and also a couple of nice drives to the bucket. I would like to see him do more of this with his strength. Trey hit a couple of big shots as well, and I thought Smallwood did some nice things defensively.

Darby and Hammond are a handful. They got theirs', but we certainly made them earn it. It was a very intense environment, but as was said earlier, I thought the players all handled themselves with class. And, besides what happened at the end of the game, I thought the fans were very loud and intense but respectful (I'm not commenting on that b/c I have no idea what happened). There was one time during the game that both coaches were barking at the refs, and we were making the T sign trying to get Norm T'd up, and the Oaks crowd was doing the same to Travis. I looked across to their crowd and one of the Oak fans looked at me and was giving me the T sign and I was doing it to him...we both just busted out laughing. :) That's how it should be....be a proud supporter of your team but keep it real. This is a game with high school kids playing and cheering...I don't think many of them are going pro. lol I can't wait for the rematch at our place...will be a great one!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Wondering why you would box an 1 Robertson at this stage of his varsity career. He’s been getting boxed and 1 since 4th grade....thought he’d get off of that his freshman and sophomore years.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:15 am Wondering why you would box an 1 Robertson at this stage of his varsity career. He’s been getting boxed and 1 since 4th grade....thought he’d get off of that his freshman and sophomore years.
Ironman, I think it's b/c we haven't really shown that we have somebody else who can hurt you from outside consistently. So, try to limit his touches and contest every shot that he does get off and take your chances with others beating you.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Great game to listen to on the radio. Waverly announcers do an awesome job! They do a nice job breaking down the game and personally I like how that get excited. :)

WHSgrad2000
Riding the Bench

Post by WHSgrad2000 »

Toast,
T-Fred and BK (the Waverly announcers) do an excellent job. They do get excited and don't lose track of the game or get so "out of hand" you can't understand them, which a lot of HS announces do. I went to college for Radio/TV and I can tell you they are in the top 3 HS announcing teams I have heard.
Last edited by WHSgrad2000 on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

WHSgrad2000 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:23 pm Toast,
T-Fred and BK (the Waverly announcers) do an excellent job. They do excited and don't lose track of the game or get so "out of hand" you can't understand them, which a lot of HS announces do. I went to college for Radio/TV and I can tell you they are in the top 3 HS announcing teams I have heard.
I agree. They're really good. And entertaining :) Good luck in your Radio/TV career :) Where did you go to college for that? Just curious.

MaryEllen
Waterboy

Post by MaryEllen »

Could this be some of that #Karma, everyone has been hearing about?

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

MaryEllen wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm Could this be some of that #Karma, everyone has been hearing about?
What are you talking about?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:01 pm
MaryEllen wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:10 pm Could this be some of that #Karma, everyone has been hearing about?
Good question oldschool?

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

smurray wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:00 pm
Good question oldschool?
Did Waverly and Valley boys play tonight or was it the girls?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Spartan12 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Good question oldschool?
If the Schedule is right, Waverly and Valley boys do not play again until Jan.25th.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:30 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:08 pm

Good question oldschool?
If the Schedule is right, Waverly and Valley boys do not play again until Jan.25th.
Waverly girls played Northwest last night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”