Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #5

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:43 pm It was a failed attempt at dressing up as the 'Pfloyd mascot'

I give him an 'A' for effort though.

lol
LOL !!! ... 93dog ! - the Sheridan Generals have an awesome mascot ! he/she was walking through the stands at FU handing out suckers the other night - this mascot costume is huge !

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:45 pm
SOC94 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:19 pm

LMAO !!! The Teletubby !!! ... I kept telling 93dog that a Teletubby WAS NOT a Purple Hippo BUT he wasn't buying it - those Athens HS graduates , hardheaded, a mind of their own kind of thing LOL ...
Happy to clear things up for you...LOL those were some fun times! Nothing like Basketball:30 at the Convo. Feel like that ‘13 team we had was your definition of a Norm Persin lead team. Hoping little brother gets to experience it as well!!
... I'm glad that the teams in the SouthEast District have such a great post season opportunity - Basketball :30 at the Convo ... I've had the privilege to be down on the floor in the pregame to chat with Lou Horvath the Voice of SEO basketball over the years - it is special to be down there ! It makes me smile to think that so many players from D2-D3-D4 have Basketball :30 as a TEAM goal ...it's pretty special - it makes for great memories I'm sure SOC94 ... good stuff !
Why isn’t Logan Elm ranked higher than 29th

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm
SOC94 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm

Happy to clear things up for you...LOL those were some fun times! Nothing like Basketball:30 at the Convo. Feel like that ‘13 team we had was your definition of a Norm Persin lead team. Hoping little brother gets to experience it as well!!
... I'm glad that the teams in the SouthEast District have such a great post season opportunity - Basketball :30 at the Convo ... I've had the privilege to be down on the floor in the pregame to chat with Lou Horvath the Voice of SEO basketball over the years - it is special to be down there ! It makes me smile to think that so many players from D2-D3-D4 have Basketball :30 as a TEAM goal ...it's pretty special - it makes for great memories I'm sure SOC94 ... good stuff !
I screwed up ! they SHOULD BE higher ! I had them playing AND LOSING TO BLOOM CARROLL on my game sheets !!! I could have swore I saw a score for LE vs BC !!! I MADE A MISTAKE !!! in my mind when I was doing the rankings on Sunday I had LE with the BIG "W" over HT BUT had a loss the next night to BC which in my little mind negated the big win somewhat ... I will be going into the rankings and making an adjustment NOW ! ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:01 pm
TravisHill222 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm

I screwed up ! they SHOULD BE higher ! I had them playing AND LOSING TO BLOOM CARROLL on my game sheets !!! I could have swore I saw a score for LE vs BC !!! I MADE A MISTAKE !!! in my mind when I was doing the rankings on Sunday I had LE with the BIG "W" over HT BUT had a loss the next night to BC which in my little mind negated the big win somewhat ... I will be going into the rankings and making an adjustment NOW ! ...
It’s okay mistakes happen and if u want to keep them 29th that’s fine because tomorrow night against Teays and Saturday against Bloom will determine how far they’ve come

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... found my mistake Bloom Carroll 49 Logan Elm 43 GIRLS GAME ... it came across the Scorestream on my phone as I was writing down the finals on Saturday night uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ... I have made THE adjustment ... dang ! I try hard to make sure I DON'T make these mistakes too ... too many teams to track and old eyes trying to do it ... I kept reading the "questioning" of the LE ranking BUT I didn't put 2 and 2 together when bman told me that I had the LE record wrong ! I had them at 5-6 he told me 5-5 ... I corrected the record BUT didn't look to see how I screwed up ... my apologies to Coach Stiverson & his Braves ! ... it has now been adjusted ...

TravisHill222
Freshman Team

Post by TravisHill222 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm ... found my mistake Bloom Carroll 49 Logan Elm 43 GIRLS GAME ... it came across the Scorestream on my phone as I was writing down the finals on Saturday night uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ... I have made THE adjustment ... dang ! I try hard to make sure I DON'T make these mistakes too ... too many teams to track and old eyes trying to do it ... I kept reading the "questioning" of the LE ranking BUT I didn't put 2 and 2 together when bman told me that I had the LE record wrong ! I had them at 5-6 he told me 5-5 ... I corrected the record BUT didn't look to see how I screwed up ... my apologies to Coach Stiverson & his Braves ! ... it has now been adjusted ...
Check on Vinton County’s record too because they beat Southeastern but also lost a game

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County IS 4-4 ... I checked the seops record link and I have them at 4-4 on my big board as well lost big to Jackson Friday night, then beat Southeastern Saturday ... all is right with the world - now ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

wxtq.com
Sports
Drop down schedule/results

It's just like the old trivalleyconference.com

All TVC schedules, results, records

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Can someone please post the rosters for both South Webster and Wheelersburg ... MaxPreps has multiple #'s used for Wheelersburg ... some #'s not posted for South Webster ... trying to get my napkin stats sheets ready for tomorrow so I don't have to rush getting things filled out when I get there tomorrow night ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

https://seops.org/basketball/team/wheelersburg/

Click roster _stats

Click on player to get number

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Nm, only have a few of the numbers

Michael Scott
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:21 pm ... found my mistake Bloom Carroll 49 Logan Elm 43 GIRLS GAME ... it came across the Scorestream on my phone as I was writing down the finals on Saturday night uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! ... I have made THE adjustment ... dang ! I try hard to make sure I DON'T make these mistakes too ... too many teams to track and old eyes trying to do it ... I kept reading the "questioning" of the LE ranking BUT I didn't put 2 and 2 together when bman told me that I had the LE record wrong ! I had them at 5-6 he told me 5-5 ... I corrected the record BUT didn't look to see how I screwed up ... my apologies to Coach Stiverson & his Braves ! ... it has now been adjusted ...
You mean you can't keep the records of 100 teams straight? Shame on you! ;)

Honestly, I don't know how you do it. Amazing work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:46 am
You mean you can't keep the records of 100 teams straight? Shame on you! ;)

Honestly, I don't know how you do it. Amazing work.
... I don't know my name half the time bman ! LOL ...thanks my friend ...

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Just keep banging the numbers pfloyd, it may not be perfect but it will always be the best source of info on SE Ohio basketball, because of you and those that post on this board!

kashy
Waterboy

Post by kashy »

you guys are sleeping on south point.. especially their guard gunther and their big webb they both are extremely talented and sp has great role players they can be a scary team

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

South Point is a very underrated team to be on the lookout for. They have a Scorer in Chance Gunther, a solid all around player in Austin Webb and the rest of the starting line up can defend just about anyone you put in front of them. I think they turn a lot of heads when they go to the tourney with less than 8 losses with or without Tayshaun Fox, who is coming off another knee injury...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Gunther is sold, another ABL guy. Lol, he did complain a lot though.

Michael Scott
burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

burg #2 in the state (in d3) and still ranked behind logan?

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:07 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 pm Great list Floyd....can't really disagree with anything.
Thanks oldschoolqb13 ... and if you did have an argument "not a problem"! IF you folks have issues with the rankings it's NOTHING compared to the arguments that take place every Sunday from Noon- 4pm around pfloyd's kitchen island LOL the committee of one is hard to please I'm telling you !!! - it's hard to press that "submit" button sometimes LOL ...
I know you labor over the placement of every team, and your diligence shows every week in your work. :)

kashy
Waterboy

Post by kashy »

mattash wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:47 am Gunther is sold, another ABL guy. Lol, he did complain a lot though.
been to most of the sp games this year he hasnt really said much... his body language isnt the best at times though

Return to “Boys Basketball”