Western @ Glenwood New Boston

Western24
Freshman Team

Western @ Glenwood New Boston

Post by Western24 »

Huge game for both teams to stay in contention to at least have a chance to share the league title with both teams still having Eastern on their schedule. Both teams are playing well, and this should be a great matchup!!! Thoughts/Predictions?

Hoggy
SEOP

Re: Western @ Glenwood New Boston

Post by Hoggy »

This game is huge in determining the outcome of the league. The winner will have a far better chance of getting a shot at knocking off the Eagles in round two of their match ups and laying claim to a share or even have a chance of winning it outright.

Going into New Boston is usually a 10 point dis-advantage. With that being said, I still like Western's chances in this one and predict a 68-64 victory for them.

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Im going with the Indians in a close one. New boston is a tough place to play, But Fitch will have those boys ready to play.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

No way NB loses at home to Western. This NB team had Eastern beat at Eastern and let up late. Eastern had their way with western twice. Jordon not impressive, Brewster can’t win alone and NB bigs are fantastic. Sexton boy is almost averaging 20 points and 20 boards. Don’t see the Indians slowing down the tigers.

southpaw
Waterboy

Post by southpaw »

Western is more athletic and Jordan will hold his own! Western played Eastern tough both games and if that same team shows up, New Boston will have a very tough time winning this one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm No way NB loses at home to Western. This NB team had Eastern beat at Eastern and let up late. Eastern had their way with western twice. Jordon not impressive, Brewster can’t win alone and NB bigs are fantastic. Sexton boy is almost averaging 20 points and 20 boards. Don’t see the Indians slowing down the tigers.
Also lost at home to Whiteoak

If NB doesn’t play really good, Western could beat them

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

NB was down starter against white oak and already not a deep team. They’re Starting 5 is as good as any locally. They have gave us some leads late, but If they play their game it’s not close. Western offense isn’t putting up 60 plus points a night. NB can put up 80.

southpaw
Waterboy

Post by southpaw »

Should be a great game , good kids on both sides. Looking at the tight games that NB has had with Clay and Symmes Valley, it’s hard to see them as a clear favorite.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Westerns only losses this season have been to Eastern Pike, NB lost to Eastern Pike by 2 points. Think I'm going to go with the home team in this one and take NB by 8

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I feel NB being at home is huge in this one,but Western matches up well with NB. I'll ponder this one a little more..😉

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

GoAt 10 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:25 pm No way NB loses at home to Western. This NB team had Eastern beat at Eastern and let up late. Eastern had their way with western twice. Jordon not impressive, Brewster can’t win alone and NB bigs are fantastic. Sexton boy is almost averaging 20 points and 20 boards. Don’t see the Indians slowing down the tigers.
Don't forget about Humphries. That kid has been known to put up some big numbers.
Your right though, I don't see the Indians slowing down the tigers, but I also don't see the tigers slowing down the Indians.
Jordan not impressive offensively, but he'll make his defensive presence known.
It'll be interesting.

bobcats94
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcats94 »

This is a HUGE game for both teams looking to challenge Eastern for the league.Western definitely has the capability to walk out with a W in this one but like we all know it will be well earned. I'll be interested to hear how well Western keeps Sexton off the glass. I think you can count on Brewster's scoring but from what I've seen Humphrey is somewhat hit and miss with his play; if he rattles off a good game I think the Indians will be right in this one. However, I think a big game from Jordan and bench players may be the deciding factor in this one. Going to say Indians in a nail biter, PJ always has his team prepared for these big games. Good luck to both teams!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Huge SOC1 game.. I think it comes down to the wire and NB squeeks out the win at home 67-65..

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Western putting in all over the Tigers

Dunn97
Riding the Bench

Post by Dunn97 »

Score?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

68-57 final Western

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

And I was wrong.. impressive road win by the Indians! Congrats to them. Looked like NB ran out of gas Midway through 3rd as Western handles the pressure much better second half. Western goes to 2nd place in SOC alone and are 10-2 overall. Great season for them so far.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

New Boston’s inconsistency is costing them winnable games. I still think their starting 5 match up and CAN play with anyone. Fitch had his boys ready and a good gameplan tonight. Eastern getting a small cushion in league play.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win by Western

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

GoAt 10 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:51 pm New Boston’s inconsistency is costing them winnable games. I still think their starting 5 match up and CAN play with anyone. Fitch had his boys ready and a good gameplan tonight. Eastern getting a small cushion in league play.
NB seem to never get in any kind of flow offensively. Jackson hit some big shots for them tonight, but I credit Western for never letting NB get comfortable. Tigers are capable of lighting up scoreboard,so holding them to 57 down there is a great effort by Western.

Return to “Boys Basketball”