Gallia Academy Vs. South Point 1/8

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Gallia Academy Vs. South Point 1/8

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

Thought on the first game without Loveday?

svac83
SE

Re: Gallia Academy Vs. South Point 1/8

Post by svac83 »

I think this is a big ask for the blue devils one day after loveday leaves. The blue devils really need the leaders of there football team to come forward and lead there basketball team.

The big problem is going to be is everyone just needs to dobwhat they can do. Don’t try to do too much. And I think a full gym will be important to them.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

I picking the Blue Devils in this one without Loveday just simply because the game is home and I’m looking for the Blue Devils to rise to the ocassion and win this one by 7 points 51 to 44

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Does anyone know if T. Fox is hurt or if he is able to play for South Point ?

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Fox back at the preview played but wasn’t near 100% I just saw on a post of a game they played and he is playing, but still not 100% but this was near three weeks ago.
Last edited by SEOAL74 on Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

Fox is not back, he injured his knee again, same knee. He may be back as soon as this friday. I believe South Point should be in the OVC Champions conversation with or without Fox.

kashy
Waterboy

Post by kashy »

i have sp by atleast 5 or 6.. without loveday galia has to change their whole offense and i dont believe that they have the athletes to keep up with sp

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

When I saw SP play in preview I thought they look really athletic and look like a pretty good team.

SPfan4LIFE
Waterboy

Post by SPfan4LIFE »

SEOAL74 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am When I saw SP play in preview I thought they look really athletic and look like a pretty good team.
Yes, South Point is one of the most athletic teams I have witnessed in a very long time. Not necessarily above the rim athletes, but they can all run and jump pretty well, also long, good defenders. But they must play as a team in order to have a chance. Many count us out because we lost Fox. Now do not get me wrong, Fox is one of the most talented players to come through South Point, but I believe we have played more team ball without him.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

SPfan4LIFE wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 am
SEOAL74 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:39 am When I saw SP play in preview I thought they look really athletic and look like a pretty good team.
Yes, South Point is one of the most athletic teams I have witnessed in a very long time. Not necessarily above the rim athletes, but they can all run and jump pretty well, also long, good defenders. But they must play as a team in order to have a chance. Many count us out because we lost Fox. Now do not get me wrong, Fox is one of the most talented players to come through South Point, but I believe we have played more team ball without him.
Everybody seems to think the Blue Devils are done too without Loveday, but this team has some good athletes too and some size and quickness. Four senior starting now and one junior who played a lot last year. I still believe this team can compete for the OVC championship and make a deep run in post season.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Good win for the Blue Devils I thought they look pretty good considering only having one practice without Loveday! This team looked exciting tonight to watch!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think the thing I was most surprised about is really they did not have to change anything on the offensive end of floor same plays. When all the defenders not crashing into the paint there were plenty of lanes for cutters and the passing was really pretty crisp.

Everyone really contributed what they could and every night you may have a different leading scorer. Friday will be a huge test. Fairland with a few days to game plan.

Should be a fun night. Amazing how deep the bench really is when you let these kids play to there strength

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

svac83 wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:54 pm I think the thing I was most surprised about is really they did not have to change anything on the offensive end of floor same plays. When all the defenders not crashing into the paint there were plenty of lanes for cutters and the passing was really pretty crisp.

Everyone really contributed what they could and every night you may have a different leading scorer. Friday will be a huge test. Fairland with a few days to game plan.

Should be a fun night. Amazing how deep the bench really is when you let these kids play to there strength
Makes everyone step up their game now, no one has to sit back and see if 1 player can control the game or bail them out. You get more team play and not so much watch and see what happens. Nice job by Gallia tonight, good confidence builder

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Gallia Academy ! You played with a lot of confidence tonight. Good luck against Fairland this coming Fri. night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”