SEOPS Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Re: SEOPS Pfloyd's Elite 8 Tournament

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Thanks Pfloyd for the kind words my friend!!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Zanesville didn’t go to Final 4 that year. Lost to state champs Newark in district finals D-1. They were very good. Believe chilly Beat Newark that year over Christmas ?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

E High wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 am Zanesville didn’t go to Final 4 that year. Lost to state champs Newark in district finals D-1. They were very good. Believe chilly Beat Newark that year over Christmas ?
I remember that season. I believe that was my sophomore year. The league was just absolutely loaded.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

fun to think about,

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

pfloyd wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:57 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:43 pm This is a tremendous idea that would bring a bunch of people= $$$$. Maybe Pfloyd would pick me to officiate in it. I’m in!!!!
... we would want the best of the best on the floor doing these games clevelandbrowns#1 ! - you and your crew qualify my friend !
This is something great right here not all crews are bad and the best crews should be exonerated. We focus entirely on the negative aspect of officiating usually a hand full of refs that can make sport ,well just awe full. It seems there are quite a few refs on here which is good because it holds them accountable. As a competitor the fairness is expected and tough at times but is an important aspect of or sport. I don’t want to rattle on but the job is of utmost importance. You sir even tho a brownie you have my respect.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

I really think it could be done.

SEOPS Pfloyd Elite 8 Pre-Season Showcase

We could even do

#1 v #2
#3 v #4
#5 v #6
#7 v #8

and we could even mix them up in case they already meet regular season.

How in advance do teams fill out there basketball schedules?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

mattash wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 am I really think it could be done.

We could even do

#1 v #2
#3 v #4
#5 v #6
#7 v #8

Would be short and sweet. Well you have 2 year contracts so...

Hold the phone “preseason”
Now we are talking

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

mattash wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:00 am I really think it could be done.

We could even do

#1 v #2
#3 v #4
#5 v #6
#7 v #8

Top 8 and randomly pull games out of a hat. Could get 8 v 1, 5 v 3, 2 v 3, ect ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great stuff to think about ... an Elite 8 Tournament of teams in the Southeast District ... ideally it would in the End of December early January time frame just because you would have truly the Elite 8 teams with the personnel that got them to the Elite 8 ranking ON THE TEAM - current standings ... anything else ie. using the final rankings from the previous year would not have necessarily the Elite 8 teams/personnel/match ups we would be looking for ... but it is awesome to think about/ dream about doing ... and it's nice to THINK lots of high school sports folks, coaches,players etc. read the Elite 8 and KNOW who or what "pfloyd" is LOL but the reality probably doesn't back that up LOL ... not sure I have the respect of the masses/coaches/players to "head line" an Elite 8 Showcase ... heck the coaches/players IN LOGAN don't give cred to the purple hippo/or know who/what pfloyd IS LOL ... but it doesn't stop me from wearing my SEOPs T-shirts with the Purple Hippo in the recliner on them !!! LOL ... the idea of the money going for scholarships to the participating schools - perfect ... it's all about giving back and giving forward ...

Return to “Boys Basketball”