SW Boys Coach

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: SW Boys Coach

Post by bbjunky81 »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm With the news of Coach Henton and his staff resigning , and the names of potential candidates for the position ... I'm going to throw the name of Conner Scott into the mix ... Coach Scott (former SW standout), the current JV coach for Coach Huffer's Chillicothe Cavaliers ... I watched the Cavs 4-5 times last season I came away totally impressed with the job Coach Huffer and his staff have done at Chillicothe - Coach Scott IS a big piece to the Cavs success ... the atmosphere of TEAM that has been created from the freshmen up to the varsity squad is outstanding, the kids on all of the teams for CHS truly want to play, enjoy playing the game of basketball for Chilli ... THAT comes from the coaching staff ... any names that get thrown around should include Conner Scott making his way back to South Webster - Coach Scott has everything on his side starting with being his understanding of the game, his ability to get everything from his players, he's young and wants his kids to enjoy the game/while playing as a TEAM for TEAM ... Coach Scott would be a good one to be a head man courtside for SW ...

His name is Coach Fenton, not Henton... and he will be a difficult one to replace -- the program was trending in the right direction.

As to who will get it, if I'm a betting man I'd imagine it's Cole.. an Alum who has wanted the job for years. He would be a good choice, and the right choice.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

jervin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 pm I heard Norman Dale was coming out of retirement.
Will he bring Shooter with him?

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:17 pm
jervin wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:24 pm I heard Norman Dale was coming out of retirement.
It’s not going to matter who they hire if Jimmy doesn’t play.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:04 pm
pfloyd wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:17 pm With the news of Coach Henton and his staff resigning , and the names of potential candidates for the position ... I'm going to throw the name of Conner Scott into the mix ... Coach Scott (former SW standout), the current JV coach for Coach Huffer's Chillicothe Cavaliers ... I watched the Cavs 4-5 times last season I came away totally impressed with the job Coach Huffer and his staff have done at Chillicothe - Coach Scott IS a big piece to the Cavs success ... the atmosphere of TEAM that has been created from the freshmen up to the varsity squad is outstanding, the kids on all of the teams for CHS truly want to play, enjoy playing the game of basketball for Chilli ... THAT comes from the coaching staff ... any names that get thrown around should include Conner Scott making his way back to South Webster - Coach Scott has everything on his side starting with being his understanding of the game, his ability to get everything from his players, he's young and wants his kids to enjoy the game/while playing as a TEAM for TEAM ... Coach Scott would be a good one to be a head man courtside for SW ...

His name is Coach Fenton, not Henton... and he will be a difficult one to replace -- the program was trending in the right direction.

As to who will get it, if I'm a betting man I'd imagine it's Cole.. an Alum who has wanted the job for years. He would be a good choice, and the right choice.
bbjunky81 ... I apologize for the mistake -it was late when I posted ... I corrected the typo ... Coach Conner Scott would be an outstanding add to the Head Coaching position at SW or ANYWHERE ... the young man KNOWS what it takes to build a program which is what has happened in Chillicothe under Coach Huffer and Coach Scott ... if Coach Scott doesn't get this position he will lead a school to the promised land as a Head Coach in the very near future ...

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

jervin wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:43 pm
Raiderball wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:17 pm
It’s not going to matter who they hire if Jimmy doesn’t play.
That was my next question.
Also will they use the picket fence?

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:04 pm

bbjunky81 ... I apologize for the mistake -it was late when I posted ... I corrected the typo ... Coach Conner Scott would be an outstanding add to the Head Coaching position at SW or ANYWHERE ... the young man KNOWS what it takes to build a program which is what has happened in Chillicothe under Coach Huffer and Coach Scott ... if Coach Scott doesn't get this position he will lead a school to the promised land as a Head Coach in the very near future ...

He is still awfully young, and has only helped at Chillicothe for what -- 1 or 2 years? Coaching at Chillicothe and coaching at South Webster are two polar opposite situations, especially when it comes to the talent pool. Mr. Scott could be a good coach one day, but he still needs a couple years under his belt.

Nonetheless, my sources are indicating Brenton Cole will receive the job. I don't think anything is finalized yet, but I would be absolutely shocked if my source is wrong. Brenton is a good hire, he's a guy who's wanted the job several times and got passed up on (unfairly passed up on in many of those situations if you ask me). He should have received the job back in 07 when the Reese fiasco occurred. He will commit the time necessary to try to keep the program afloat. With a loaded SOC 2 he has a tough task at hand but he has some pieces to have a successful season.

Now the real question is, and one that nobody seems to know the answer to, who will be his assistants?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Serenity now. Serenity now.

Good luck to everyone. Great town put in a tough spot.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

This South Webster Family will fully support Coach Cole. He deserves that as do the kids.

Go Jeeps!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I wish the best for all involved in South Webster - Coach Fenton & his staff as to their next coaching stop ... looking forward to the announcement as to the WHO for SW as well as the coaching staff - but wish them well who ever it happens to be ... and finally wishing the best to the Jeeps players - hopefully being able to adjust to the abrupt changes , put them aside and have a good season in SOC land ...

Runner00
JV Team

Post by Runner00 »

I would be surprised if Jenkins is interested, but Bradford, I am not sure. I always see him hanging around in various gyms, so I think he certainly does miss it.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Not sure what is going on at Webster but hopefully they can figure it out and get someone quick, Cole or Bradford would be a good fit, but it Bradford currently teaching at another school? If so that could be the downside in getting Bradford.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Any word on who will take the helm of the Jeeps season is just around the corner

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Tartanblue wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:13 pm Any word on who will take the helm of the Jeeps season is just around the corner
Cole got hired a cpl weeks ago!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Wish the best for BOTH Coach Cole and Coach Conner Scott ! ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Board Meeting is Monday Night --- October 16th. No one has officially been hired yet. The expectation is that Brenton Cole will be the next head coach of The South Webster Jeeps. His assistants will be named as well and I believe it will be a very good coaching staff. Hopefully they can get this program back to the prominence they enjoyed under Coach Kreischer and Coach Ater who led the Jeeps to 6 District Championships in the 8 years they coached here. The Jeeps last District Championship came in 2013.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:29 pm Board Meeting is Monday Night --- October 16th. No one has officially been hired yet. The expectation is that Brenton Cole will be the next head coach of The South Webster Jeeps. His assistants will be named as well and I believe it will be a very good coaching staff. Hopefully they can get this program back to the prominence they enjoyed under Coach Kreischer and Coach Ater who led the Jeeps to 6 District Championships in the 8 years they coached here. The Jeeps last District Championship came in 2013.
that looks like a not so subtle bash at the last coaching staff. I have a lot of friends in webster area who think Jeeps over-performed last few years with talent they had compared to previous years. Dont matter who is at helm if you don't have the horses you aint winning races!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

It wasn't written that way. I think the last coaching staff did fine with the talent they had.

The goal should always be a district championship at South Webster. The Jeeps came very close last year. The SOC 2 is a different proposition entirely. But that schedule helps when the Jeeps get to Tournament time.

Just pointing out history. The Jeeps had a remarkable run (keep in mind Reese had 2 years in the middle) in that 10 year period. It would be nice to get back to that level and win a few more district championships!!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:10 am It wasn't written that way. I think the last coaching staff did fine with the talent they had.

The goal should always be a district championship at South Webster. The Jeeps came very close last year. The SOC 2 is a different proposition entirely. But that schedule helps when the Jeeps get to Tournament time.

Just pointing out history. The Jeeps had a remarkable run (keep in mind Reese had 2 years in the middle) in that 10 year period. It would be nice to get back to that level and win a few more district championships!!
I agree on all points. While the Jeeps won't have any seniors, I don't see anything in SE Ohio D4 that the Jeeps COULDN'T beat (not saying they will, but there's nobody light years ahead of them). With Shiloah Blevins, they'll have a shot at any D4 opponent around they face. That kid is going to be special.

The last staff did a good job of restructuring the biddy program so the next 5-6 classes should have pretty good talent. Both JH teams will be good this year. I could most definitely see a good run these next 5-6 years with (hopefully) a few district championships.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

lucasdavenport and bbjunky: agreed on a District championship being the realistic goal every year for Webster as long as they in D4. As for next year, I see Webster around .500 in a solid SOC II, but more than capable of winning a D4 District Championship with the best SeOhio D4 player in Shiloah Blevins. They are loaded with talent all the way down to 4th grade from what I've seen, so a couple of trips to Regionals next few years is not out of the question. Overall, I'm pleased with the effort that Coach Fenton and his staff put in over the last few years, and now am willing to support Coach Cole, Coach Scott, and whoever else rounds out the staff.*

Jeep-ster
Freshman Team

Post by Jeep-ster »

I think it's pretty well known Webster's new coach is Brenton Cole. I feel that is a great choice and well deserved. I do have a question, should the school board, who makes the ultimate decision, allow the new coach to pretty much name his assistants?

Return to “Boys Basketball”