Varsity

SW Boys Coach

Post by hoot »

???

JeepCreep
Waterboy

Re: SW Boys Coach

Post by JeepCreep »

Fenton resigned. Who the replacement will be is a good question.

SWJeeps22
Freshman Team

Post by SWJeeps22 »

What in the world is going on? Is he still teaching?

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Seasons not that far off. Hope it works out quickly..

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

Whoopedy doo
Last edited by burgpirater on Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

WOW! Who could they get for this job? Would they hire someone already in the school system just to fill in for this year? Best of luck to the Jeeps!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

burgpirater wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:22 am word on this side of the county is the entire coaching staff resigned... if so that can't look good for the admin
That's what I've heard as well. Hate to see Coach Fenton and his staff go as they had gotten the program turned around the right way and have some serious talent coming up the next few years. Thanks to Coach Fenton and staff for their hard work and good luck going forward.

As for where Webster goes from here, I don't see any qualified applicants internally. If they go outside (and assuming Brenton Cole doesn't want it), I don't even know where they begin.*

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Maybe some assistants from other schools may apply. I don't see a head coach from another school applying but I could be wrong. If this job opened up during the summer, then this would be a Very Very Good Job.

N2Hoops
Freshman Team

Post by N2Hoops »

Travis Bradford? Scott Jenkins? Bobby Blanton? Kyle Copley? Scott Davis? Jerry Barlow? Rick Scarberry? Just a few off the top of my head who have Head Coaching experience and are currently not in that role elsewhere, but this will be interesting.

AllAboutTheU
Freshman Team

Post by AllAboutTheU »

Only person I can see is Travis Bradford or Blanton but Bradford is more the logical pick here. If Cole wants it, then they will give it to him due to him pretty much being in the SW system.

juanmorales
JV Team

Post by juanmorales »

That job is not as appealing as what you would think. I've already heard of some kids wanting to leave the school system

AceInTheHole
Waterboy

Post by AceInTheHole »

With the entire staff resigning mid September, it leads to speculation on what happened here and how it was handled. Usually when the whole staff quits it is in support of the coach. If a coach leaves for personal reasons during the school year, the rest of the staff would usually step in on an interim basis to keep the program going. Doesn't seem to be the case here.

sputNICK7v7
Waterboy

Post by sputNICK7v7 »

This was a big surprise! I look for an Alum to take the position for sure. Best wishes to the Jeeps!

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

N2Hoops wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:48 pm Travis Bradford? Scott Jenkins? Bobby Blanton? Kyle Copley? Scott Davis? Jerry Barlow? Rick Scarberry? Just a few off the top of my head who have Head Coaching experience and are currently not in that role elsewhere, but this will be interesting.
Kyle Copley will be assisting Minford again this year from what I hear....

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

falcon117 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm Kyle Copley will be assisting Minford again this year from what I hear....
Leaving Valley? Why?

falcon117
Riding the Bench

Post by falcon117 »

Oak wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am
falcon117 wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:26 pm Kyle Copley will be assisting Minford again this year from what I hear....
Leaving Valley? Why?
Heard he wasn't happy at valley. And he is very close to minford's coach shoemaker.

jervin
Freshman Team

Post by jervin »

I heard Norman Dale was coming out of retirement.

OVC
JV Team

Post by OVC »

Rick Scarberry just retired at Northwest. He would be a good hire especially given circumstances. He'd would also be someone they may want to look at.

Contemplating all life choices and loyalties…
FalconFever02
Freshman Team

Post by FalconFever02 »

falcon117 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:06 am
Oak wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:55 am
Leaving Valley? Why?
Heard he wasn't happy at valley. And he is very close to minford's coach shoemaker.
I wonder if this impacts where his son will go to school in the future, who is very talented I might add.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

With the news of Coach Fenton and his staff resigning , and the names of potential candidates for the position ... I'm going to throw the name of Conner Scott into the mix ... Coach Scott (former SW standout), the current JV coach for Coach Huffer's Chillicothe Cavaliers ... I watched the Cavs 4-5 times last season I came away totally impressed with the job Coach Huffer and his staff have done at Chillicothe - Coach Scott IS a big piece to the Cavs success ... the atmosphere of TEAM that has been created from the freshmen up to the varsity squad is outstanding, the kids on all of the teams for CHS truly want to play, enjoy playing the game of basketball for Chilli ... THAT comes from the coaching staff ... any names that get thrown around should include Conner Scott making his way back to South Webster - Coach Scott has everything on his side starting with being his understanding of the game, his ability to get everything from his players, he's young and wants his kids to enjoy the game/while playing as a TEAM for TEAM ... Coach Scott would be a good one to be a head man courtside for SW ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”