SEOPS Hippo

Re: Waverly (8-4) at WCH (8-3) Tuesday 1/15

Post by Ironman92 »

Nice win by Washington, congrats

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Prayers appreciated for Waverly’s Phoenix Wolfe. This young man went down with a nasty nasty ankle break no one wanted to see early third period JV game. Both teams were sent to their locker rooms while Phoenix was attended to. Phoenix was transported to a local hospital via ambulance and later transferred to a Columbus hospital for surgery.

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Did Burns play tonight for Courthouse?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm Prayers appreciated for Waverly’s Phoenix Wolfe. This young man went down with a nasty nasty ankle break no one wanted to see early third period JV game. Both teams were sent to their locker rooms while Phoenix was attended to. Phoenix was transported to a local hospital via ambulance and later transferred to a Columbus hospital for surgery.
Forgive me but is he the one with the football scholarship? Or is that Easton?

Prayers for the young man. That’s a serious injury.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Jackie Moon wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:55 pm Did Burns play tonight for Courthouse?
Yes, and he actually had at least 5 points as he hit a 3 pointer and had a layup that I know of.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I will trade you guys some of those foul shots for a few of Shoemakers 3s.

Great job of taking away the shooters from Waverly tonight by our guards. No one from Waverly made a 3 except for Shoemaker.

I think the way the 4th quarter played out that you still would have to put us on the line late. We were up 12 or so with around 2:00 to go I think. That’s where the game was won or lost —- first 5 or 6 minutes of the 4th quarter.

Washington Court House was 3-18 last year. Pfloyd has us 62nd at the end of the year. 62.

Now has wins over:

Chillicothe
Adena
McClain
Waverly

Friday night at Chillicothe is the big game in the FAC this year. Battle for first place. Both teams 5-1 in the league and hopefully we can go in there and compete.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

smurray wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:45 pm Prayers appreciated for Waverly’s Phoenix Wolfe. This young man went down with a nasty nasty ankle break no one wanted to see early third period JV game. Both teams were sent to their locker rooms while Phoenix was attended to. Phoenix was transported to a local hospital via ambulance and later transferred to a Columbus hospital for surgery.
Prayers for Phoenix Wolfe. So sorry to have that happen to anyone.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 pm

It’s his older brother Easton with the ship

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

My boy went through this last summer. Not quite as gruesome but We know all about those feet and ankles and wish him a full recovery. Long road ahead for him. Wish him the best

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:10 pm
TrueFan wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:21 pm Waverly unofficially 3 of 10 from the charity stripe. Washington 7 of 9 I believe.
FREE THROWS
WCH 4-5 in the last .40 seconds.
Waverly 3-10 for the game. 1 for 4 from about the 2:40 mark of the 4th.
FINAL 50-44

Waverly makes just 4 or 5 more of those and WCH wouldn’t have been at the line those last .40 seconds.
Missed FT’s and shots within 2 feet of the basket raised its ugly head again. Tigers just can’t seem to get that corrected.
What is the deal with Waverly’s free throw shooting? This is the second year in a row it’s been atrocious. I mean the have decent shooters and a team full of guards. I don’t get it 🤷‍♂️ Unless it’s just some mental barrier they can’t get over. Any insight Murray?

OldTiger
JV Team

Post by OldTiger »

Easton is a Senior and the one with the scholarship. Phoenix is a Sophomore. A very good athlete as well and probably on his way to a scholarship. Hopefully the docs are able to repair things and get him on the mend.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats WCH on a hard earned victory.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Part of the FT shooting tonight was who went to the line.

After 3 quarters WCH was 2-2 and Waverly was 1-4. Shoemaker was 1-2 and Remington was 0-2.

In the 4th quarter Marquez was 1-2 and Remington and Shoemaker were 1-4 combined. Considering Payton was 5-7 from 3 point land tonight I think those misses can be excused.

We didn’t put Robertson on the line.

It was 46-35 with 1:00 to go and 48-37 with :40 to go. The missed FTs were not the story. They are a part of it but you can’t go backwards from 50-44 and say that if Waverly went 7-10 or 9-10 from the line then it’s a tie game.

It was nice meeting Smurray and UKfanatic and others at the game tonight.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:33 am Part of the FT shooting tonight was who went to the line.

After 3 quarters WCH was 2-2 and Waverly was 1-4. Shoemaker was 1-2 and Remington was 0-2.

In the 4th quarter Marquez was 1-2 and Remington and Shoemaker were 1-4 combined. Considering Payton was 5-7 from 3 point land tonight I think those misses can be excused.

We didn’t put Robertson on the line.

It was 46-35 with 1:00 to go and 48-37 with :40 to go. The missed FTs were not the story. They are a part of it but you can’t go backwards from 50-44 and say that if Waverly went 7-10 or 9-10 from the line then it’s a tie game.

It was nice meeting Smurray and UKfanatic and others at the game tonight.
Hasn't really matter to much, Waverly has struggled in most games with free throws and you know it's not the same kids going to the line. Game I seen them miss several down the stretch was some of the better shooters at the line missing.

As far as Phoenix goes, great kid and great athlete and I hope he returns from this strong I don't know how severe the break was but hopefully nothing that will keep him down come football season and he'll be back up and running.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

OldTiger wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 am

Easton is a Senior and the one with the scholarship. Phoenix is a Sophomore. A very good athlete as well and probably on his way to a scholarship. Hopefully the docs are able to repair things and get him on the mend.
I agree, Phoenix is a great athlete and will playing on Saturdays. Praying for God’s healing hands on Phoenix just as I prayed for His hand on him when it happened, praying the damage and injury wasnt as bad as it looked....
Easton is scheduled for a trip to Southern Illinois this weekend (the coach was possibly going to be at the game last night), dont know if he was.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 am
OldTiger wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 am

I agree, Phoenix is a great athlete and will playing on Saturdays. Praying for God’s healing hands on Phoenix just as I prayed for His hand on him when it happened, praying the damage and injury wasnt as bad as it looked....
Easton is scheduled for a trip to Southern Illinois this weekend (the coach was possibly going to be at the game last night), dont know if he was.
Man. Thanks. Sounds like both kids are talented players

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Can someone please post the starters for Washington CH last night ...

Evan Upthegrove
Blaise Tayese
Omar Porter
Richie Burns

... Moats? Matthews? ???

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.
Oh my, thanks for the update. Gordon Hayward and Paul George 2 basketball injuries that were just nasty. I hope he can heal for football maybe not to start the season but sometime during it. Biggest thing for the young man right now is just make a full recovery no matter the time table. As with most injuries Phoneix being as young as he is and in shape as he is will hopefully help in his road to recovery. He'll have his brother right by his side helping him out as well as the entire Waverly community. Good Luck and many prayers for a full recovery.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.
Oh my, thanks for the update. Gordon Hayward and Paul George 2 basketball injuries that were just nasty. I hope he can heal for football maybe not to start the season but sometime during it. Biggest thing for the young man right now is just make a full recovery no matter the time table. As with most injuries Phoneix being as young as he is and in shape as he is will hopefully help in his road to recovery. He'll have his brother right by his side helping him out as well as the entire Waverly community. Good Luck and many prayers for a full recovery.
Well said

Return to “Boys Basketball”