Waverly (8-4) at WCH (8-3) Tuesday 1/15

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Re: Waverly (8-4) at WCH (8-3) Tuesday 1/15

Post by Ukfanatic »

Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:17 am
OldTiger wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:01 am
wobycat wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Forgive me but is he the one with the football scholarship? Or is that Easton?

Prayers for the young man. That’s a serious injury.
Easton is a Senior and the one with the scholarship. Phoenix is a Sophomore. A very good athlete as well and probably on his way to a scholarship. Hopefully the docs are able to repair things and get him on the mend.
I agree, Phoenix is a great athlete and will playing on Saturdays. Praying for God’s healing hands on Phoenix just as I prayed for His hand on him when it happened, praying the damage and injury wasnt as bad as it looked....
Easton is scheduled for a trip to Southern Illinois this weekend (the coach was possibly going to be at the game last night), dont know if he was.
Man. Thanks. Sounds like both kids are talented players

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Can someone please post the starters for Washington CH last night ...

Evan Upthegrove
Blaise Tayese
Omar Porter
Richie Burns

... Moats? Matthews? ???

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.
Oh my, thanks for the update. Gordon Hayward and Paul George 2 basketball injuries that were just nasty. I hope he can heal for football maybe not to start the season but sometime during it. Biggest thing for the young man right now is just make a full recovery no matter the time table. As with most injuries Phoneix being as young as he is and in shape as he is will hopefully help in his road to recovery. He'll have his brother right by his side helping him out as well as the entire Waverly community. Good Luck and many prayers for a full recovery.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

greygoose wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:43 am
Ukfanatic wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:09 am Update on Phoenix. Three straight line fractures and a dislocation of the ankle. Again it is as bad an injury as I have seen and I have been watching sports for 45 years. Worse than Gordon Hayward. Worse than Joe Theisman. My kid has been through it as well having missed his entire sophomore season. It is difficult but I believe strengthens you mentally for the future. Prayers for Phoenix. Hope he can fully recover for football season next year. As far as the free throws go it is frustrating to watch. Different kids missing every night. Remington has had games of 12 for 13. Marquez has had many nights of 90% Robertson us a 95% free throw shooter. However on any given night Remington goes 1 of 4. Marquez misses half. against Webster Trey misses a front end of a one and one and 1 of two free throws under a minute. Last night Peyton can't miss from downtown but misses free throws. No rhyme or reason.
Oh my, thanks for the update. Gordon Hayward and Paul George 2 basketball injuries that were just nasty. I hope he can heal for football maybe not to start the season but sometime during it. Biggest thing for the young man right now is just make a full recovery no matter the time table. As with most injuries Phoneix being as young as he is and in shape as he is will hopefully help in his road to recovery. He'll have his brother right by his side helping him out as well as the entire Waverly community. Good Luck and many prayers for a full recovery.
Well said

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Thanks for the update, I’ve been in God’s Country (West Union) for a while.
It was def. the worst sports injury I’ve seen and something absolutely no one wanted to see. Many, many people were visibly upset and shaken by it. Praying for speedy recovery but more importantly total recovery....

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Hate reading about the injury ... lots of prayers and positive thoughts to the Head Coach for a full recovery for Phoenix -pfloyd

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 am Can someone please post the starters for Washington CH last night ...

Evan Upthegrove
Blaise Tayese
Omar Porter
Richie Burns

... Moats? Matthews? ???
Garrett Leisure

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:25 am Can someone please post the starters for Washington CH last night ...

Evan Upthegrove
Blaise Tayese
Omar Porter
Richie Burns

... Moats? Matthews? ???
Garrett Leisure
... thank you ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

It is always tough to go into Chillicothe and get a win regardless. Chillicothe is never an easy out for any team, playing at home or away. Not trying to beat a dead horse, as I kind of forget when the Steward kid for WCH was ejected. Is it a 2 or 3 game suspension ? Even if he was able to play this game, it would be a tall task to be able to beat the Cavaliers at Chillicothe.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Good win by the Blue Lions and now they get to come to Chillicothe for a double digit loss.

Chillicothe by 14

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm It is always tough to go into Chillicothe and get a win regardless. Chillicothe is never an easy out for any team, playing at home or away. Not trying to beat a dead horse, as I kind of forget when the Steward kid for WCH was ejected. Is it a 2 or 3 game suspension ? Even if he was able to play this game, it would be a tall task to be able to beat the Cavaliers at Chillicothe.
It’s almost like you can’t help asking about him.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:07 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:31 pm It is always tough to go into Chillicothe and get a win regardless. Chillicothe is never an easy out for any team, playing at home or away. Not trying to beat a dead horse, as I kind of forget when the Steward kid for WCH was ejected. Is it a 2 or 3 game suspension ? Even if he was able to play this game, it would be a tall task to be able to beat the Cavaliers at Chillicothe.
It’s almost like you can’t help asking about him.
Just know that he's a very good ball player for WCH.

Return to “Boys Basketball”