SEOP

Re: 1/15 Portsmouth v Gallia Acaemy

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Blue Devils need a win, BAD!

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Your right Gallia needs this win at Portsmouth to build up their conifidence. After Fairland humilmated them at home. Gallia is a lot better team than they showed against the Dragons. This team was build around Loveday and it showed big time last Friday night. Gallia struggle big time on the defensive end on the back end because Loveday was always there to protect the rim. I think Gallia will rebound tonight from that lost and come away with a big win 61 to 52!

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Gallia would of struggled in that game even with loveday. Last year at fairland. When the kids that started Friday night came off the bench the blue devils could not stop them and close the gap. That is part of reason why I didn’t understand why blue devils were such a heavy favorite for the league having really proved nothing. If they play there game tonight blue devils should win.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Portsmouth needs this win just as bad as Gallia Academy.......the Trojans are 2-3 in the OVC, and with the conference race a long way from being decided, it is important for PHS as the next 3 OVC games are at home......tonight vs. Gallia, Friday vs. Ironton, and next Tuesday vs. Coal Grove.

With that said, for the rest of the season, I hope the Trojans play fast, because I think that presents their best chance of winning. Getting caught up in a half court game will coagulate the offense, which exposes Portsmouth's lack of perimeter offense. It certainly looked that way vs. Fairland, scoring only 30 points, but the Trojans looked much better running up and down the court against Rock Hill, scoring 80, with Matthew Fraulini setting the school scoring mark with 46 points.

Bigbluefan12
Waterboy

Post by Bigbluefan12 »

Gallia played really well in this game. Multiple players in double digits

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Good Win! Gallia Played really well, but can play better!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Blue Devils on the win........they look like a well rounded team where everybody contributed........the Trojans started 2 freshmen and a sophomore vs. 4 seniors for GAHS.........big advantage there for the visitors and their experience showed. I think Gallia can still make a run at the OVC title, they just have to get used to playing without Loveday.

Despite the loss, I really believe the Trojans' best chance at winning is when they can avoid half court basketball. They simply don't have enough shooters to offset opponents face guarding Matthew Fraulini. Freshman Drew Roe had a nice game for PHS, with 7 points. Fraulini and Miles Shipp led PHS with 9 points apiece.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Impressive by the Blue Devils

Return to “Boys Basketball”