Washington Court House vs Chillicothe at the Hat 1/18. First place on the line!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Washington Court House vs Chillicothe at the Hat 1/18. First place on the line!

Post by LucasDavenport »

#3 Chillicothe 9-4 and 5-1 hosts #6 Washington Court House 9-3 and 5-1.

Standings in FAC

WCH 5-1
Chillicothe 5-1
Jackson 4-2
Greenfield 3-3
Hillsboro 1-5
Miami Trace 0-6

First contest saw WCH come out on top 47-41 but it’s been well documented that Chillicothe has changed their offense and is playing much better since losing their only league contest in the short history of the FAC.

WCH is revamped since then as well as they have played without 21 ppg Dillon Steward vs Hillsboro and Waverly and will be playing without him for the remainder of the season. That’s the only comment I will be giving on this subject. Or “that’s all I have to say about that”.

Good luck to The Blue Lions as they will attempt to do what would have been unthinkable at the end of last season. 1-9 in the FAC and 62nd ranked by Pfloyd — 3-18 and no wins after the calendar turned to January....

Upthegrove, Porter, Burns, Tayese have shown great leadership and togetherness — Beard, Noel And Maughmer lining up to restore order .... hope it’s a good one.
Last edited by LucasDavenport on Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Washington Court House vs Chillicothe at the Hat 1/18. First place on the line!

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe by 13

Best of luck to Coach Scott and the Blue Lions

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Re: Washington Court House vs Chillicothe at the Hat 1/18. First place on the line!

Post by LucasDavenport »

Coach Beard and Coach Huffer were both in attendance Tuesday night.

What those 2 and Coach Scott didn’t know they were going to see was Payton Shoemaker go off for 18 with five 3s for The Tigers. His 5th was a stepback to cut it to 48-44 with 12 seconds to go.

Good win for The Blue Lions. Career night for Payton.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:38 pm Coach Beard and Coach Huffer were both in attendance Tuesday night.

What those 2 and Coach Scott didn’t know they were going to see was Payton Shoemaker go off for 18 with five 3s for The Tigers. His 5th was a stepback to cut it to 48-44 with 12 seconds to go.

Good win for The Blue Lions. Career night for Payton.
Yeah that point total from him was unexpected. Good win

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Game plans are in. Teams know each other. Coaching staffs REALLY know each other.

I hope we can go in there and battle. The tone will be set early. We seem to turn games into grinders. I expect tomorrow night to be no different.

Pfloyd in the crowd tomorrow. He will get a look at these teams and see how they’ve grown since the first contest which was more than a month ago.

WCH has played in several tight games this year.

Lancaster -3
Circleville +3
Chillicothe +6
Jackson OT -7
McClain +7
Adena +8
Waverly +6

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 pm Game plans are in. Teams know each other. Coaching staffs REALLY know each other.

I hope we can go in there and battle. The tone will be set early. We seem to turn games into grinders. I expect tomorrow night to be no different.

Pfloyd in the crowd tomorrow. He will get a look at these teams and see how they’ve grown since the first contest which was more than a month ago.

Lancaster -3
Circleville +3
Chillicothe +6
Jackson OT -7
McClain +7
Adena +8
Waverly +6
... I'm anxious to get another look at both teams ! it will my 3rd look at BOTH Washington CH and Chillicothe ... Coach Huffer might have guards at the door as both games I've seen the Cavs play they have been on the short end of the score ... but as LucasDavenport posted earlier the Chilli Coaching Staff scrapped the early season offense after the game at Court House - the Cavs have been getting it done in every game since even with 2 losses (at my #1 Logan and at undefeated Canal) - the Logan loss was 6 points and the Canal loss saw the Cavs leading BIG at the half 40-28 before dropping the game on a last second trey by Canal 67-70 ... best of luck to both Coach Huffer and Coach Scott as well as two fine TEAMS ...

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Should be a really good game. 2 well coached and athletic teams going at it is always fun to watch!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:08 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:49 pm Game plans are in. Teams know each other. Coaching staffs REALLY know each other.

Lancaster -3
Circleville +3
Chillicothe +6
Jackson OT -7
McClain +7
Adena +8
Waverly +6
... I'm anxious to get another look at both teams ! it will my 3rd look at BOTH Washington CH and Chillicothe ... Coach Huffer might have guards at the door as both games I've seen the Cavs play they have been on the short end of the score ... but as LucasDavenport posted earlier the Chilli Coaching Staff scrapped the early season offense after the game at Court House - the Cavs have been getting it done in every game since even with 2 losses (at my #1 Logan and at undefeated Canal) - the Logan loss was 6 points and the Canal loss saw the Cavs leading BIG at the half 40-28 before dropping the game on a last second trey by Canal 67-70 ... best of luck to both Coach Huffer and Coach Scott as well as two fine TEAMS ...
If you carry that kind of bad mojo with you then simply drive to WCH. Bus leaves at 4:30. We will slip you in

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Good luck to Coach Scott and WCH tonight. Never saw this type of turnaround happening this quick for WCH, but Coach Scott and his squad are having a great year.*

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Huge game tonight at the hat with huge implications for Court House in the league and for seeding. After seeing both and realizing Chillitcothe is at home and WCH may still be down a starter I will take Chillicothe in a very close and competitive game. Should be a great atmosphere. Would love to be able to be there to watch but my kid is playing in his last few games of his High School career so I am locked in with him. Next year I get to join Pfloyd and pick the best game of the night and go there. Although I will still watch Waverly a lot especially with Robertson playing!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Cavs are a completely different team than early season.

Cavs 10+

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Should be a very good ballgame. I would give the edge to Chillicothe especially being at home.

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

Richie Burns of WCH held Noel of Chillicothe to 8pts with 6 of the 8 coming from beyond the arc the first matchup. Really looking forward to see how well he defends him tonight. Assuming Porter will guard Maughmer and Upthegrove will guard Beard as well.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Since LD won't provide any information, does anybody else have any insight as to what happened with Steward? I know he was out for 2 games because of the Adena ejection, but what happened from there?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

He stated that he’s no longer with the team and that’s all that needs to be said.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thank you danicalifornia

Here’s my thought process on the subject.

The right to information is superseded by a kid’s right not to be spoken about in a negative fashion by an adult.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Thanks for keeping it classy lucasdavenport. You gave all the info you needed to give. No need for adults trashing kids. Court House has a great year going and doesnt need any negative feedback. Good luck tonight at Chillicothe.

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

WCH - 6
Chilli - 6

End of 1

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

6-6 after 1

CoachFlora
Riding the Bench

Post by CoachFlora »

WCH - 12
Chilli - 20
HALF

Return to “Boys Basketball”