Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #7

Post by pfloyd »

General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:27 pm "Watch more basketball than the southeast."

SOUTHEASTERNOHIOPREPS

Literally says it in the name lol
The MVL Forum people are weird. They were conplaining about we didn't know how good John Glenn was. Even tho we all said the state final would be JG vs SVSM

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

General knowledge wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:50 pm Pfloyd is so bias. He goes to one Sheridan game and thinks he knows it all. Caught them on a bad night. Watch more basketball other than the southeast. You must have forgotten the MVL produced a state championship a couple years ago. The league is always tough at the top(John Glenn, Tri Valley, Sheridan, Maysville, Morgan). I bet most southeast teams wouldn’t go better than 500 against it.
Is this the only fan of Sheridan on here? If so one complaint out of a few 1000 is too bad.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Mt Vernon 10
Logan 8

End 1st

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm
... thank you for your valuable input ... "thinks he knows it all" ? - about ? - Sheridan? ... caught them on a bad night ? obviously - they lost BUT I do get it - it was the Generals 2nd straight loss - 2 bad nights in a row? - it happens ... I go to see teams in the Southeast because I rank the teams in the Southeast based on what I know and what I have seen - 72 teams is more than enough to keep track of imo ... I try my best to call them as I see them, trying NOT to be bias one way or another, for one team vs another team ... not sure how YOU can determine that I think I know it all - that implies that YOU know it all - and maybe you do - I'll give you the benefit of the doubt ... I will be the first to admit that I DON'T know it all - one reason I go see teams multiple times if possible - especially the good teams , the top 25-30 teams ... records don't tell the whole story, seeing teams, seeing how they play, seeing how they are coached, etc. - gives ME more information about the teams and helps to sidestep the "caught them on a bad night" situation ... apparently you don't agree with something I've posted - get in line ... the website itself, posting rankings - is built on the premise that posters will not always agree on what they see or what has been posted ... so I will go out on a limb and say that YOU do not agree with something I posted ... jumping to another even longer limb - you disagree with something I posted about Sheridan ... I'll stop there since I DON'T know everything ...

... I thank you again for your insightful input, I will strive to do better, I WILL see Sheridan again in the next 3 weeks ... hopefully catching them on a better night ... as far as viewing schools outside the Southeast - my loss - THAT "ain't" going to happen ... I'll have to continue to be MVL/East District/Central District deprived - my cross to bear as I KNOW there are excellent teams/basketball outside the SE District ...
Wow pfloyd...who urinated in his cheerios...lol. Keep up the high quality work....yoda!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 21
Mt Vernon 20

Half

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:34 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Wow pfloyd...who urinated in his cheerios...lol. Keep up the high quality work....yoda!!
OHHS old timer - I'm thinkin' he won't be sending me a Valentines Card LOL ... it's all good ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 30
Mt Vernon 25

End 3rd

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan 43
Mt Vernon 30

Final

Logan gets revenge for their only home loss last year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 43
Mt.Vernon 30 a final ... go Chiefs !!! sorry, showing my bias ...

Chiefs go to 10-2 ... travel to St.Chucks Friday night going for win #7 in a row ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...
Logan can play some ridiculously good team defense!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:36 pm
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:31 pm Logan held Mt.Vernon to 10 points in the 2nd half of play - Defense, Defense and more defense ...
Chieftain2009 ... I was trying to listen to the radio guys to hear how many TOs Logan had - they have been taking really good care of the ball in the last 3 games - I think it was 5,5 and 10 turnovers coming into tonight ... pretty good formula for winning - limit your own TOs to 10 or less, hold the opponent to 30-40 points per game = W's ... I was worried about the 8 day layoff due to the weather issues of late BUT a stifling D will put those worries to bed LOL ... good stuff ... Goooooo Purple !!! (implied Bias) ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Anyone can have good and bad shooting nights, and every team is going to experience that at one time or another. Playing good tough team defense, is what sets Logan apart from a lot of other teams. Logan can score the ball on offense if need be, but they seem to really enjoy playing defense as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:02 pm Anyone can have good and bad shooting nights, and every team is going to experience that at one time or another. Playing good tough team defense, is what sets Logan apart from a lot of other teams. Logan can score the ball on offense if need be, but they seem to really enjoy playing defense as well.
... listening the radio - Logan struggled offensively (8 day layoff can do that which is what worried me going into this one) ... sounded like they picked up 3 or 4 transition buckets (one a Bo Myers throw down) ... a smart TEAM, a defensive minded TEAM, they ALL know their roles ... Logan is a quality TEAM (more pfloyd bias showing) ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Eastern Brown 63
Williamsburg 49

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm
Chieftain2009 ... I was trying to listen to the radio guys to hear how many TOs Logan had - they have been taking really good care of the ball in the last 3 games - I think it was 5,5 and 10 turnovers coming into tonight ... pretty good formula for winning - limit your own TOs to 10 or less, hold the opponent to 30-40 points per game = W's ... I was worried about the 8 day layoff due to the weather issues of late BUT a stifling D will put those worries to bed LOL ... good stuff ... Goooooo Purple !!! (implied Bias) ...
To answer your thought about the number of TO's for Logan, they only had 8 in the game last night. Something that Logan does as well as or better than anyone else is play defense and take care of the ball.

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Pfloyd your letting them get to you......keep up the good work my friend, without you and the great posters this would just be another scores and highlights board, you all provide great insight and eye tst knowledge, thats what this thread is all about

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:09 am
pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:45 pm

To answer your thought about the number of TO's for Logan, they only had 8 in the game last night. Something that Logan does as well as or better than anyone else is play defense and take care of the ball.
... awesome - not an easy task (staying under 10 TOs when teams try to pressure you so much) ... 8 is outstanding ... when you have a group of heady basketball players who can ALL handle the ball, make good decision with the ball, and pass the ball as they do these are the numbers you will have - under 10 TOs - when you take care of the ball it keeps the opposition from getting easy transition buckets, keeps YOU in control defensively as you're not having to scramble back, out of position, without numbers to defend and more importantly you get "shots on goal" ... an impressive group of players for the Chiefs ... thanks Chieftain2009 !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Pa Trojan wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:40 am Pfloyd your letting them get to you......keep up the good work my friend, without you and the great posters this would just be another scores and highlights board, you all provide great insight and eye tst knowledge, thats what this thread is all about
... Pa Trojan ! not to worry ! I don't know how to "just post a score" LOL !!! sort of like someone who "you can't keep from talking" - I can't "just watch a game" - I HAVE TO analyze what I've seen - which means I need information hence the napkin stats that I do/keep on the games I go to see LOL ... I don't mind being "disagreed with" but when someone decides THEY KNOW ME when they are clueless - means I will type what's on my mind in return 2,3,4 times before I finally delete it before posting it LOL THEN I take the high road and just brush it off ... move on ... and keep doing what I do LOL ...

... probably the best thing to do is ignore them, not give them my time ... just move on ... as I said it's all good ... AND because I do know that there are people out there who do give my posts a read - which is greatly appreciated - I'll keep doing what I'm doing until I can't ... thanks my PA friend !

Return to “Boys Basketball”