Prepping for 2019-20 Pre-season Elite 8 - Assistance Needed : Post your Top 6 or 7 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Assistance Needed : Post your Top 6 or 7 ...

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm Out of 72 teams:

Logan
Chillicothe
Unioto
Chesapeake
Adena
Peebles
Portsmouth West
North Adams
West Union
New Boston
Piketon
Eastern Brown
Fairfield Union
Gallia Academy
Waverly
St Joseph
South Webster
Athens
Eastern Pike
South Point
Huntington
Western Pike
Zane Trace
Fairland
Southeastern
Paint Valley
Westfall
McClain
Alexander
Jackson
Waterford
Washington CH
Rock Hill
Portsmouth
Wheelersburg
Minford

... looking for 36 more please ... thanks guys ...
... yep ... the only team left from SEO is the Sheridan Generals D2 ... the boyz from Thornville will be playing in the Final 4 this week in C'bus - wishing them the best ! BUT for the rest of us ? ... I'm gathering the information to come with my Pre-season Elite for 2019-20 !!! We're halfway to the having an idea of what each of the 72 teams Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line have coming back for the NEXT hoops season 2019-20 ... please fill in where you can with teams not already on the list ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Prepping for 2019-20 Pre-season Elite 8 - Assistance Needed : Post your Top 6 or 7 ...

Post by pfloyd »

ttt

mattash
Site Admin

Re: Prepping for 2019-20 Pre-season Elite 8 - Assistance Needed : Post your Top 6 or 7 ...

Post by mattash »

I have some final stats from coaches just don't have them entered yet

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I'll be on the look out for them mattash ... thanks ...

basketball12349
Riding the Bench

Post by basketball12349 »

I think you guys may be over looking Alexander. Sure they are loosing 3 seniors that helped them out but when you look at the stats it was a lot of Juniors that did the work. If all Juniors come back next year Alexander will have 12 SENIORS! Sure you guys might say well nobody can replace the going seniors but the whole bench this past year also had major minutes in all the games. They all have varsity experience. I think once again they are ranked lower than they should be. If Terry keeps playing like he did in tournaments and brings that into next season he will be a force. Not to mention so I’ve seen through his twitter page (haha) that he will be returning to a very very good AAU team that he was on last year where that team won nationals. He should be pretty fun to watch next year. Along with all the other players. Like wow. 12 seniors. That’s a lot of experience. I believe they are already too low. They will again be competing with Athens for that TVC title. But I just don’t see a team with as much experience in varsity basketball as Alexander.

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

basketball12349 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 am I think you guys may be over looking Alexander. Sure they are loosing 3 seniors that helped them out but when you look at the stats it was a lot of Juniors that did the work. If all Juniors come back next year Alexander will have 12 SENIORS! Sure you guys might say well nobody can replace the going seniors but the whole bench this past year also had major minutes in all the games. They all have varsity experience. I think once again they are ranked lower than they should be. If Terry keeps playing like he did in tournaments and brings that into next season he will be a force. Not to mention so I’ve seen through his twitter page (haha) that he will be returning to a very very good AAU team that he was on last year where that team won nationals. He should be pretty fun to watch next year. Along with all the other players. Like wow. 12 seniors. That’s a lot of experience. I believe they are already too low. They will again be competing with Athens for that TVC title. But I just don’t see a team with as much experience in varsity basketball as Alexander.
Too low? Overlooked? Pfloyd hasn't ranked the teams in this thread. He is only listing the team's which have had roster information posted for them in the thread.

Post by basketball12349 »

Tri-StateYouthSports wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:05 am
basketball12349 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:36 am I think you guys may be over looking Alexander. Sure they are loosing 3 seniors that helped them out but when you look at the stats it was a lot of Juniors that did the work. If all Juniors come back next year Alexander will have 12 SENIORS! Sure you guys might say well nobody can replace the going seniors but the whole bench this past year also had major minutes in all the games. They all have varsity experience. I think once again they are ranked lower than they should be. If Terry keeps playing like he did in tournaments and brings that into next season he will be a force. Not to mention so I’ve seen through his twitter page (haha) that he will be returning to a very very good AAU team that he was on last year where that team won nationals. He should be pretty fun to watch next year. Along with all the other players. Like wow. 12 seniors. That’s a lot of experience. I believe they are already too low. They will again be competing with Athens for that TVC title. But I just don’t see a team with as much experience in varsity basketball as Alexander.
Too low? Overlooked? Pfloyd hasn't ranked the teams in this thread. He is only listing the team's which have had roster information posted for them in the thread.
Oh okay I’m sorry I saw him list them out and I thought those were the rankings. Sorry my mistake.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Piketon, returns 6’5” Jr Tyree Harris, 6’3” Jr Jacob Matthews, 5’11” Jr Logan Nichols. 6’3” So. Chris Chandler, all four of these started or played the majority of this season, Matthews went out with a foot injury early. Others who saw time 5’11” So. Shane Leedy, 6’2” So. Breyton Jones, 5’11” So. Brody Fuller, 6’3” Fr. Tra Swayne. Others 5’9 So. Logan Maynard and 5’9” So. Jacob Thornsberry, 5’10” Fr. Johnny Burton, 6’2” Fr. Kydan Potts, Fr. 6’2” Levi Gullion.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The Portsmouth Trojans for 2019-2020:

Coach Eugene Collins: 163-80 in 10 years, 2 Final 4's, 1 state runnerup, 1 regional final, 3 district titles, 5 sectional titles, best tournament record in the SE district for the decade of 2010-2019.

My projected top 8:

Matthew Fraulini.....6-2 SR......17 PPG
Miles Shipp............6-2 JR.
Drew Roe..............5-9 SO.
Amare Johnson......5-8 SO.
Daryionne Bryant....6-3 SO.
Chris Duff.............6-0 JR.
Richie Bowman......6-2 SR.
Trevor Pope..........5-10 SO.

Off the bench:

Jack Workman.....5-9 SR.
Brandon Clark......6-5 JR.
Jayllen Thomas....6-1 JR.
Eric Purdy...........5-10 SR.
Donovan Carr.......5-10 SO.
Eugene Johnson....6-0 SR.
Eli Johnson.........5-10 SR.

There might be a few others in the mix to make the roster. The Trojans should have if not the quickest, then one of the quickest starting 5's in the SE district. The main issue with how they will do will be if they can find enough offense to support Matthew Fraulini. If they can, PHS will be one of the most improved teams in the district. If not, another season of double digit losses is very likely. Portsmouth will be going to Florida over Christmas break, the 4th time they have done so under Coach Collins.

Return to “Boys Basketball”