Sportsmanship/Positive Stories/High Road

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Sportsmanship/Positive Stories/High Road

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:58 pm I played for Eastern Pike in 1999 for coach Caldwell,I was a senior.. I had a teammate named Josh who was a starter and a good player,he averaged double figures in scoring that year as a Jr. Eastern had alot coming back the following year including Josh,but doctors discovered that he had a heart condition and he was told he couldn't play his Sr year. Eastern went onto a good season with 15 wins and a trip to the Convo. Josh dressed all year and on senior night,Coach put Josh in the game with about a minute left to finish his career at Eastern on the floor..With crowd giving him a standing ovation,Coach told him just take it easy as he was just hoping and expecting him to just maybe get a shot up..well Josh got a shot up, made it, started pressing full court,got a steal and a layup,Crowd went nuts, pretty cool moment to see ..so much for taking it easy lol.
I student taught at Eastern the year before that...didn’t realize he was unable to play his senior year

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Yep,that was a rough couple years. In 99 Doug and Danny Williams transferred,we lost starting PG in game 4 with a torn ACL, In 2000, same starting PG tore other ACL early in season,plus losing Josh who.was other guard.. ended up having a forward running the point.
.That 00 team overcome alot to reach district final that season

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Senior night for Fisher Catholic was tonight against New Hope CA. The highlight of tonight was senior Evan Long checking in during the second half and swishing a three on a kick-out. Evan was diagnosed not too long ago with, what I believe is, a form of muscular dystrophy.

Evan is a great teammate, hard worker and a good kid. He’s notched in a couple times into the scoring column this year, in fact. What probably makes this a ‘feel good’ story in particular is the energy and confidence as the play is made. Point guard dishes out and raises his hand, shot is good and the place erupts. Video here: https://twitter.com/fcboysbball/status/ ... 89920?s=21

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

formerfcfan wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:14 pm Senior night for Fisher Catholic was tonight against New Hope CA. The highlight of tonight was senior Evan Long checking in during the second half and swishing a three on a kick-out. Evan was diagnosed not too long ago with, what I believe is, a form of muscular dystrophy.

Evan is a great teammate, hard worker and a good kid. He’s notched in a couple times into the scoring column this year, in fact. What probably makes this a ‘feel good’ story in particular is the energy and confidence as the play is made. Point guard dishes out and raises his hand, shot is good and the place erupts. Video here: https://twitter.com/fcboysbball/status/ ... 89920?s=21
That was really great to see. Point guard raising his hand, and you are right, the crowd really did erupt. Really glad you had the Video.

Return to “Boys Basketball”