Post by mattash »

Geez

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
blackraider
Riding the Bench

Re: Holden goes for 50 X2

Post by blackraider »

Last southern Ohio player I remember with multiple 50 pt. games in the same season was CG’s Chuck McKnight who had 51 and 52 vs. Fairland. Before the 3-pt shot. Early 80’s. Most shots were 25’ and beyond.

The voice of the PEOPLE
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Russell had no answer for Holden tonight if I were guessing I would say he had around 15 to 20 rebounds also and like 4 dunks and 3 to 4 blocks and he only hit one 3 pointer

Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

Trent Salyers also went off with six three's

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I am just curious was this a blowout early? If so why is a player still playing and getting these statistics? Is it worth injury? I mean if it was a close game for awhile I understand that.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VisionQuest wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:54 pm I am just curious was this a blowout early? If so why is a player still playing and getting these statistics? Is it worth injury? I mean if it was a close game for awhile I understand that.
Game went out of hand around the 2:30 mark. Up until then, Russell hit some contested threes to stay in the game. They shot really well. He probably should of been pulled around 1:30 Mark but he was three away from 50 and the coach decided to let him go for it. Not my ideal move but none the less for the most part the starters had to play up until then.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That’s a lot of points...again

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Congrats to Mr Holden.

I don’t care if he scored points 49 and 50 with 2 seconds to go. Not sure why anyone would.

Coach Ater has a chance for not only The SOC Championship but a perfect season. Not too shabby.

Congrats again!!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:15 pm Russell had no answer for Holden tonight if I were guessing I would say he had around 15 to 20 rebounds also and like 4 dunks and 3 to 4 blocks and he only hit one 3 pointer
I think it was 13 rebounds, 3 dunks from what I seen on Twitter

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Impressive

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I remember not too long ago there were an abundance of posters saying Holden was better at football and should Perdue a scholarship on the turf!! Lol

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 am I remember not too long ago there were an abundance of posters saying Holden was better at football and should Perdue a scholarship on the turf!! Lol
He had multiple offers in both. I think the argument was that there are a lot more 6'6" basketball players like him than there are receivers with that size. Either way, he is getting his education paid for at a good school and that's what really matters.

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

First and foremost, I am a Wheelersburg fan, but just wanted to analyze this a bit. I think that Tanner is an extraordinary athlete that possesses many skills on the court. He has worked extremely hard to continue to develop as a player, but I think the next level will bring some real challenges for him. Tanner is shooting the ball much better from the perimeter than he has the last couple years and is also scoring in the paint/offensive rebounds, almost at will. A couple issues I see is that I'm unsure he is a good enough shooter to be a "spot shooter" or consistently create shots off the dribble, and he will need to beef up a little bit if he is going to be effective in the paint at the next level. I do think he will have a fine career either way, and I am extremely happy to see him at the next level. I know he will continue to put in the work to be successful.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

mlittle wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:12 am I remember not too long ago there were an abundance of posters saying Holden was better at football and should Perdue a scholarship on the turf!! Lol
I thought that 100% until I watched him at the Convo last year....but still believe completely that he could be great either way.

We don’t see many like him around here. Special talent

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:15 am First and foremost, I am a Wheelersburg fan, but just wanted to analyze this a bit. I think that Tanner is an extraordinary athlete that possesses many skills on the court. He has worked extremely hard to continue to develop as a player, but I think the next level will bring some real challenges for him. Tanner is shooting the ball much better from the perimeter than he has the last couple years and is also scoring in the paint/offensive rebounds, almost at will. A couple issues I see is that I'm unsure he is a good enough shooter to be a "spot shooter" or consistently create shots off the dribble, and he will need to beef up a little bit if he is going to be effective in the paint at the next level. I do think he will have a fine career either way, and I am extremely happy to see him at the next level. I know he will continue to put in the work to be successful.
He will be all-conference by his sophomore year. I understand where you are coming from but the teams he is playing around here have no competition for him and he tends to get lazy. I thought the same thing you thought especially last year but he's so good at finishing at the rim, that he's going to be noticed at the next level. They will put the exact weight they want on him next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start next year as a freshman.

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

very impressive!!!

orangeandblack98
Riding the Bench

Post by orangeandblack98 »

holden couldve got a scholarship in football or basketball, great athlete. a perfect season with a state championship in basketball for 2019? what obstacles would we face to get that far?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

orangeandblack98 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm holden couldve got a scholarship in football or basketball, great athlete. a perfect season with a state championship in basketball for 2019? what obstacles would we face to get that far?
Central Ohio representative which will most likely be Harvest Prep. Same team we met in the regional semis last year. They will be tough for anyone in D3 to handle.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:38 pm
orangeandblack98 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:06 pm holden couldve got a scholarship in football or basketball, great athlete. a perfect season with a state championship in basketball for 2019? what obstacles would we face to get that far?
Central Ohio representative which will most likely be Harvest Prep. Same team we met in the regional semis last year. They will be tough for anyone in D3 to handle.
The AP poll consists of some big names Burg might have to go through if you wanna look there

Return to “Boys Basketball”