All State

Re: Jackson @ Washington CH

Post by VisionQuest »

Jackson @ Athens next Saturday.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Great game tonight. A true road test. I believe when you are on the toad you have to be the stronger and tougher team. Washington really brought it once they got down 20-8. Burns had 2 fouls but Coach Scott had those guys being the tougher team for about the next 2 quarters.coach Morrow adjusted as they were keying on Cooper Donaldson driving and got the ball to Treylan Davis a couple times for big buckets. Game went back and forth for a while as Evan Upthegrove wouldn’t let his team fall back and just kept scoring (his jumper is stunning)...Washington missed some layups that were contested but you expect them to make. They had 3-4 of those in the 2nd half and that hurt them. Jackson had 2 or 3 of those in the first half. Court House hustled big time to contest them and cause a couple big turnovers as they rallied.

Just a great road win. Court House is athletic, quick hands, have length and strength...and they play hard for Coach Scott. They will be the team I pull for in the tourney as long as we don’t square off again.

Cooper Donaldson went for 19 big points and sits at 990 for his career. He also had big rebounds as always. Wallis put his 13 in and just is so big for the Ironmen all game. Treylan Davis has a real good game. He was big for the Ironmen. Yates, Graham, Hammond, Brown and Spires all contributed to this big win.

Fun night in Washington. Great hosts. Good to have a few words with Lucas D. Your son is doing a great job man, I mean it.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Thanks Ironman92. Means a great deal.

Made it home and even though it was a loss for The Blue Lions I believe I had a ring side seat for a heavyweight fight. That was a great basketball game. Even when we were down 20-8 I knew it would end up going to the wire.

Somehow I believe these teams will see each other again.

I want to tell all the parents who read this to try and enjoy the experience. I have done a terrible job of enjoying the ride. I mean terrible. I get too nervous and forget that it’s a game and become downright stupid.

But something happened Tuesday night — my wife and I talked about it on the way up to the game. Coach Carson from Lynchburg changed my mindset Tuesday night and I owe him a great deal because of that. I truly enjoyed tonight and The Lord put Dan Morrow beside me and if you can’t enjoy taking in a game sitting beside that man then you truly are missing the point.

Jackson was up to the test tonight. Yeah, we missed some shots that I know our guys would like to have back but that’s basketball— and I hope we continue to grow and give our best effort. I like our chances if we do continue along this path.

Evan Upthegrove was special tonight.

Donaldson is pretty darn good in his own right.

Dan — if you ever read this — let’s get together sometime. Have dinner and talk about our crazy sons. By the way sometimes I think Max coaches more like my personality and Connor coaches more like your personality!!

Much respect.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:38 pm Thanks Ironman92. Means a great deal.

Made it home and even though it was a loss for The Blue Lions I believe I had a ring side seat for a heavyweight fight. That was a great basketball game. Even when we were down 20-8 I knew it would end up going to the wire.

Somehow I believe these teams will see each other again.

I want to tell all the parents who read this to try and enjoy the experience. I have done a terrible job of enjoying the ride. I mean terrible. I get too nervous and forget that it’s a game and become downright stupid.

But something happened Tuesday night — my wife and I talked about it on the way up to the game. Coach Carson from Lynchburg changed my mindset Tuesday night and I owe him a great deal because of that. I truly enjoyed tonight and The Lord put Dan Morrow beside me and if you can’t enjoy taking in a game sitting beside that man then you truly are missing the point.

Jackson was up to the test tonight. Yeah, we missed some shots that I know our guys would like to have back but that’s basketball— and I hope we continue to grow and give our best effort. I like our chances if we do continue along this path.

Evan Upthegrove was special tonight.

Donaldson is pretty darn good in his own right.

Dan — if you ever read this — let’s get together sometime. Have dinner and talk about our crazy sons. By the way sometimes I think Max coaches more like my personality and Connor coaches more like your personality!!

Much respect.
I can see the son/opposing father coaching comparison

And Dan will read this....also the best radio man around

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Very good post! And you're right about Dan Morrow, very good all around guy.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Jackson on a very hard earned victory. Two very good teams giving it everything they had.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:51 pm Congrats Jackson on a very hard earned victory. Two very good teams giving it everything they had.
You make it to the game tonight?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Yes I did. I posted it in the other thread about 1000 pt scorers. I've posted so much in this thread about it, I was afraid people were getting tired of it.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 am Yes I did. I posted it in the other thread about 1000 pt scorers. I've posted so much in this thread about it, I was afraid people were getting tired of it.
Oak Hill game or Jackson game?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:36 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:09 am Yes I did. I posted it in the other thread about 1000 pt scorers. I've posted so much in this thread about it, I was afraid people were getting tired of it.
If you mean witch game did I go to, I went to the Oak Hill-Minford game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:43 am
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:36 am
If you mean witch game did I go to, I went to the Oak Hill-Minford game.
Confused me lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I guess that was confusing, I had gone to the first game earlier between Jackson and WCH at Jackson.

Return to “Boys Basketball”