Freshman Team

Glenwood at Wellston

Post by Point blank »

Thoughts

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Glenwood at Wellston

Post by Ironman92 »

New Boston is way more basketball talented. Wellston kids will play hard and they have some good athletes but basketball isn’t their main sport. Their coach does a good job so they’ll have a plan that could cause some 1st half issues but I’ll be surprised if you guys don’t win by 20+. Pretty long trip, safe travels. The Pizza Pub in Wellston is a good choice for pre or post game.

I’d guess a 73-52 type game

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm New Boston is way more basketball talented. Wellston kids will play hard and they have some good athletes but basketball isn’t their main sport. Their coach does a good job so they’ll have a plan that could cause some 1st half issues but I’ll be surprised if you guys don’t win by 20+. Pretty long trip, safe travels. The Pizza Pub in Wellston is a good choice for pre or post game.

... PFLOYD1 , will be heading down Rte 93 this evening to take this one in ... watched D4 Trimble & South Gallia last night in Glouster, need to see my #31 Tiger of New Boston ... my understanding is that they have a couple of players out with ankle issues ? could be a problem for the Tigers vs the TVC Rockets ... we'll see ! getting my D4 fix satisfied before the last few weeks of the regular season ... want to compare those D4 Coal Grove boys with these D4 NB Tigers ...

RocketBoy1
Waterboy

Post by RocketBoy1 »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:45 pm New Boston is way more basketball talented. Wellston kids will play hard and they have some good athletes but basketball isn’t their main sport. Their coach does a good job so they’ll have a plan that could cause some 1st half issues but I’ll be surprised if you guys don’t win by 20+. Pretty long trip, safe travels. The Pizza Pub in Wellston is a good choice for pre or post game.

the first two sentences are pretty right, and the pizza pub info, but the rest not so much. look for it to be at least a 30 ot beat down

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

🤷🏻‍♂️

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I could see Wellston keeping it close for a half,but NB wins by 15-20

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

New Boston Glenwood 63
Wellston 51

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I keep forgetting g how darn hard it is to win on the road on a Saturday after playing a league game the night before.

Return to “Boys Basketball”