1/29 Logan v Chillicothe

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 1/29 Logan v Chillicothe

Post by danicalifornia »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm If you caught this game tonight you saw a GAME. Hard play by both teams.

Coach Huffer must have read my post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No but seriously. Noel had himself numerous times with back to basket after CALLING for the ball as close to the block as the D would let him. First time I have seen this in my now 3rd time catching the Cavs this year. (ZT,UA,LOGAN)

First time seeing Bo Myers play. Completely as advertised. Best player on the court tonight. Noel and Maughmer need to learn from his tenacity and KNOWING hes the best player on the court. Very impressed.
Maughmer and Noel showed up tonight. Noel had 5 blocks I would guess. Maughmer attacking and Noel just being physical around the hoop. The kid has some of the best feet from a big his size I have seen at Chilli in awhile. and he can take you off the dribble from the top of the key!!!

Very impressed with my Cavs tonight. We lost to Canal W. on a last second 3 and now I can see why when we put it together.
One of the worst calls I have ever seen in HS bball tonight at the end of the half. Bo Myers pulled up with 1.9 left and got fouled and they said it was on the floor. 3 shots. Other than that refs let them play a lot tonight. Very physical.
Really good breakdown. I couldn’t agree more about the call at the half, it ends with 0.1 left and they say he wasn’t shooting lol, I can’t imagine a player with his b-ball IQ not shooting before the buzzer. Not that it mattered, because the better team tonight won.

That was the best game I’ve seen out of Noel for all the reasons you stated. Just a really good high school basketball game. I hope both of these two get fair seeds in the Central, because they are both really good basketball teams.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

One thing I forgot to mention.
Chilli did not sub 1 player in all night. Same 5 all game. Really wish they had at least a solid 6 man. Tough to bang tourney time with 5 guys lol.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:11 pm
CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:45 pm If you caught this game tonight you saw a GAME. Hard play by both teams.

Coach Huffer must have read my post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No but seriously. Noel had himself numerous times with back to basket after CALLING for the ball as close to the block as the D would let him. First time I have seen this in my now 3rd time catching the Cavs this year. (ZT,UA,LOGAN)

First time seeing Bo Myers play. Completely as advertised. Best player on the court tonight. Noel and Maughmer need to learn from his tenacity and KNOWING hes the best player on the court. Very impressed.
Maughmer and Noel showed up tonight. Noel had 5 blocks I would guess. Maughmer attacking and Noel just being physical around the hoop. The kid has some of the best feet from a big his size I have seen at Chilli in awhile. and he can take you off the dribble from the top of the key!!!

Very impressed with my Cavs tonight. We lost to Canal W. on a last second 3 and now I can see why when we put it together.
One of the worst calls I have ever seen in HS bball tonight at the end of the half. Bo Myers pulled up with 1.9 left and got fouled and they said it was on the floor. 3 shots. Other than that refs let them play a lot tonight. Very physical.
Really good breakdown. I couldn’t agree more about the call at the half, it ends with 0.1 left and they say he wasn’t shooting lol, I can’t imagine a player with his b-ball IQ not shooting before the buzzer. Not that it mattered, because the better team tonight won.

That was the best game I’ve seen out of Noel for all the reasons you stated. Just a really good high school basketball game. I hope both of these two get fair seeds in the Central, because they are both really good basketball teams.
2 Really good team . They punched each other and the other kept coming back. I had a good veiw and Myers was definety goingup for a last second shot and and got fouled . Official said he was not shooting . Well he was in error. Official almost followed Myers to the locker room telling and these are the exact words I don't want to hear any more of that . action was unprofessional by the official l .Myers is one of the Captains and he should be able to talk to an official I also was near mid court and did not see anything out of #11 to deserve a T . What was that . If these 2 played 10 times I think they split. Home court advantage means a lot . Good luck to both teams .

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:23 pm One thing I forgot to mention.
Chilli did not sub 1 player in all night. Same 5 all game. Really wish they had at least a solid 6 man. Tough to bang tourney time with 5 guys lol.
They did put in one sub with under a minute remaining in the third, but he was back out starting the fourth. That's one thing that impressed me was that starting five played (just about) the entire game with no breaks.

These two teams fought hard! It was a good game. Noel played an incredible game for Chillicothe. I still believe that Logan is the better team, but the best team on the floor tonight won the game!

Also, have to agree about the foul that they called "on the floor" right before the end of the first half. How can you get fouled shooting a half court shot and it not being a shooting foul? lol

Congrats to Chillicothe! They played a heck of a game. Let's hope both the Chiefs and the Cavs get a good seed in the central!

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Good game by both teams . The view I had and I could see pretty well Bo was going into a shooting motion . I think the official had to call the foul because he got hit pretty hard but I think the official thought it was a just before half court it had little chance to go in . Also in 2 year of JR high and 4 years of Varsity basketball that was the 1st T called on one of the Seniors . I can not comment what prompted that because it caught everyone off guard. Would like to know though . Congrats to the Cavs . Chieftain just win out now , get ready for some home cooking . It's been a brutal Jan on the road .

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Ah I must have missed the sub my bad.

joemama
Riding the Bench

Post by joemama »

What Coach Huff is doing with this group is unreal- they have 2 options to score.... that's it. THEIR mindset has changed more than anything- that's coaching. They are outworking teams- some on here get offended by that comment- but they do all the little things with great effort. That's buy- in- and arguably the most pressurized job in SE district.

Return to “Boys Basketball”