Howie Caldwell

Truthreader
Waterboy

Howie Caldwell

Post by Truthreader »

Heard that Howie very possibly might be hanging it up at Trimble after this year any other preps fans heard this buzz?

Ground Buck
All Conference

Re: Howie Caldwell

Post by Ground Buck »

Truthreader wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm Heard that Howie very possibly might be hanging it up at Trimble after this year any other preps fans heard this buzz?
Well, there's a team close by that's going to need a coach, and has some good players coming, so my guess is he'll make the short trip and take that job. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Trimble is really young and should make deep tournament runs in football and basketball for the next 4 years

Truthreader
Waterboy

Post by Truthreader »

His coaching has seemed to change. Some uncharacteristic losses

Happy McGavin
Varsity

Post by Happy McGavin »

Truthreader wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm His coaching has seemed to change. Some uncharacteristic losses
They're like 11-2 and in first place in the league with 0 seniors and tallest kid being maybe 6 foot tall

Its all in the hips
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Howie is not going anywhere. He made a statement when he retires it will be from Trimble, so that could be this year or next year or who really knows...

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

He's at full retirement age already so who knows. Good player back in the day playing alongside Dennis Eichinger at Eastern in the old SVAC in the early 70's and was assistant on great teams at Southern before becoming a head coach many years ago. As long as he's at a school that allows "old school" disciplined basketball IMO he'll hang around. When that oppurtunity disappears, he's out.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Truthreader
Waterboy

Post by Truthreader »

Happy McGavin wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:54 pm
Truthreader wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:38 pm His coaching has seemed to change. Some uncharacteristic losses
They're like 11-2 and in first place in the league with 0 seniors and tallest kid being maybe 6 foot tall
Played a 1-2-2 pretty much the whole 3rd quarter and gave up several points against crooksville the also didn’t have anyone over 6 foot tall

fireball
Freshman Team

Post by fireball »

who in their right mind could question Howie on his coaching he is doing his best coaching of his career with this group he has right now just sayin :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I went to Glouster to see Trimble vs South Gallia last Friday night, I saw Coach Caldwell when I came in the gym - he acknowledge me, I sat up in the Cheap Seats, watched the first half of the JV game ... I grabbed by phone, figured I would go to the scorer's table to see if they had the game varsity rosters, before I could get up ... I looked up to find Howie having had made the climb up to the Cheap Seats LOL ... we shook hands , Howie said let's go over to the side where we could chat ... we talked, one of the Trimble fans came up and told Coach about something going on his life, Coach acknowledge the man, told him what good news it was ... we talked some more Trimble hoops, Howie said "making the move to Trimble was the best decision he had ever made in his coaching career " ... my impression from talking with Howie is that he loves the Trimble community, the student athletes he has the opportunity to teach/coach ... I believe him ... I told him that I totally enjoy watching Trimble teams play - the kids give 100% no matter the opponent ... this is my opinion - Howie IS the same as the community, the kids in the Trimble sports community - he has no problem being the underdog - thrives on it ... will punch you in the mouth, then take you to the cleaners on the court, grid iron ... as a coach/teacher of the game Howie as a coach loves that kind of kid/athlete ... imo Howie isn't going anywhere , he's coaching/teaching kids who will work their butts off to win ... and THAT IS Coach Howie Caldwell in a nutshell as he TOO will give everything he has for his players & his school community ...

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

pfloyd wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:35 pm ... I went to Glouster to see Trimble vs South Gallia last Friday night, I saw Coach Caldwell when I came in the gym - he acknowledge me, I sat up in the Cheap Seats, watched the first half of the JV game ... I grabbed by phone, figured I would go to the scorer's table to see if they had the game varsity rosters, before I could get up ... I looked up to find Howie having had made the climb up to the Cheap Seats LOL ... we shook hands , Howie said let's go over to the side where we could chat ... we talked, one of the Trimble fans came up and told Coach about something going on his life, Coach acknowledge the man, told him what good news it was ... we talked some more Trimble hoops, Howie said "making the move to Trimble was the best decision he had ever made in his coaching career " ... my impression from talking with Howie is that he loves the Trimble community, the student athletes he has the opportunity to teach/coach ... I believe him ... I told him that I totally enjoy watching Trimble teams play - the kids give 100% no matter the opponent ... this is my opinion - Howie IS the same as the community, the kids in the Trimble sports community - he has no problem being the underdog - thrives on it ... will punch you in the mouth, then take you to the cleaners on the court, grid iron ... as a coach/teacher of the game Howie as a coach loves that kind of kid/athlete ... imo Howie isn't going anywhere , he's coaching/teaching kids who will work their butts off to win ... and THAT IS Coach Howie Caldwell in a nutshell as he TOO will give everything he has for his players & his school community ...
Same type kids nearby. Just a little more size and same type talent, and young. I think he might consider it once it officially opens. That's coming from a friend of a friend who talks to a good friend of Howie's a lot. :mrgreen:

Disclaimer: This is all an opinion and I am therefore hoping we can still express opinions on this site without retort.
Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

Ground Buck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:58 pm
Truthreader wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 pm Heard that Howie very possibly might be hanging it up at Trimble after this year any other preps fans heard this buzz?
Well, there's a team close by that's going to need a coach, and has some good players coming, so my guess is he'll make the short trip and take that job. :mrgreen:
I say, show me the money and talent. Money talks and talent walks. Nobody goin nowhere without mo money and mo talent. :o

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

I assume he has plantar

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Howie is the best Coach around and people always make crazy remarks. But in reality he produces and gets players to play hard. He wins consistently also. Jeaulousy and making fun of people because they are over the long haul Winners! You keep your Coachs and Howie will continue to Win.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Good Luck Cats and to Howie, hopefully a No. 1 seed and a deep run in tournament. The best motivator out there and anymore theres really very few left.

Homie Chadwell
Riding the Bench

Post by Homie Chadwell »

Get ready for states

DUNKONE
Waterboy

Post by DUNKONE »

My boy will be the all time wins leader before he quits. Only question now is where his next stop will be.

Ground Buck
All Conference

Post by Ground Buck »

Prediction: He won't be at Trouble, but he'll be close by. :mrgreen:

Truthreader
Waterboy

Post by Truthreader »

Who is next in line to take his spot

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

If Trimble truly does have lots of young talent then I can't see him going anywhere.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”