SOC Championship Game for Wheelersburg vs West

burgfella69
JV Team

SOC Championship Game for Wheelersburg vs West

Post by burgfella69 »

Burg can clinch the SOC outright tomorrow with a win at home against West. An overall undefeated regular season in the SOC has never been done? Burg can be the first if they win out and it starts tomorrow night.
Last edited by burgfella69 on Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Re: SOC Championhip Game for Wheelersburg vs West

Post by bigburgboy »

Believe burg won the first matchup by around 30, I’d expect the same results here for the Burg.
Look forward to see them clinch outright SOC championship at home

SOC94
Freshman Team

Post by SOC94 »

burgfella69 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 pm Burg can clinch the SOC outright tomorrow with a win at home against West. An overall undefeated regular season in the SOC has never been done? Burg can be the first if they win out and it starts tomorrow night.
Are we talking about burg or the soc as a whole?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Maybe that is true but I cant imagine that never being done before.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

burgfella69 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 pm Burg can clinch the SOC outright tomorrow with a win at home against West. An overall undefeated regular season in the SOC has never been done? Burg can be the first if they win out and it starts tomorrow night.
You may be right, But I think the year after Oak Hill won the State Championship, probably 2009, that Oak Hill went undefeated the next year in the regular season, and then Wheelersburg beat OH in the Sec.championship at Jackson.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:33 pm
You may be right, But I think the year after Oak Hill won the State Championship, probably 2009, that Oak Hill went undefeated the next year in the regular season, and then Wheelersburg beat OH in the Sec.championship at Jackson.
I would just about be ready to place a small wager on that, but I'll let someone else check it out.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

SOC94 wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm
Are we talking about burg or the soc as a whole?
soc as a whole i believe

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm
I would just about be ready to place a small wager on that, but I'll let someone else check it out.
Does anyone have the answer yet?

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Re: SOC Championship Game for Wheelersburg vs West

Post by spider2Ybanana »

MaxPreps shows Oak Hills record at 20-3 in 09-10 (the year after the state championship run). The losses coming at the hands of Highlands (KY), St. Joseph Central (WV), and Wheelersburg in the Sectional final at Jackson.

I'm not sure how accurate that is.

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 am MaxPreps shows Oak Hills record at 20-3 in 09-10 (the year after the state championship run). The losses coming at the hands of Highlands (KY), St. Joseph Central (WV), and Wheelersburg in the Sectional final at Jackson.

Those two scores must have been for Oak Hill in West Virginia. Oak Hill was undefeated that season until Wheelersburg beat them in the sectional final

spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

3sUp wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 am
spider2Ybanana wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:47 am MaxPreps shows Oak Hills record at 20-3 in 09-10 (the year after the state championship run). The losses coming at the hands of Highlands (KY), St. Joseph Central (WV), and Wheelersburg in the Sectional final at Jackson.

Those two scores must have been for Oak Hill in West Virginia. Oak Hill was undefeated that season until Wheelersburg beat them in the sectional final
Yea that's what I was thinking.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

3sUp wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:15 am

It looks like I am mistaken, then. My bad

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Y’all still got a rematch with the the other SOC team who took y’all deep into the 4th. Don’t count them chickens yet

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

Swanker Pine wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am Y’all still got a rematch with the the other SOC team who took y’all deep into the 4th. Don’t count them chickens yet
Nobody is counting any chickens, just stating that an SOC championship and undefeated season is within grasp. Everyone knows Wheelersburg will receive the best shot from any team they play and that won't change over the next four games. The Pirates will need to play well to reach these goals but the possibility is there.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

There has been undefeated SOC 2 champions in the past. Oak Hill in 2010 is the most recent.

There have been MULTIPLE in the SOC 1.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
spider2Ybanana
JV Team

Post by spider2Ybanana »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am There has been undefeated SOC 2 champions in the past. Oak Hill in 2010 is the most recent.

There have been MULTIPLE in the SOC 1.
Do you have the year and record of these teams?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Swanker Pine wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:59 am Y’all still got a rematch with the the other SOC team who took y’all deep into the 4th. Don’t count them chickens yet
Burg will win by 10 or more.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Said it was a possibility, SW might be the most dangerous SOC team Burg has faced this year with a combination of elite length, athleticism, and shooting. SW appears to be a serious regional contender in D4.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Congrats to Burg on there SOC Title!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

burgfella69 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:45 am
VetteMan wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:43 pm

Does anyone have the answer yet?
I knew that Oak Hill had gone 20-0 that year, that's why I was joking about placing a small wager. They had beaten Burg twice during the year, and were the top seed and had a bye in the Sectional at Jackson. Burg won there first game in the Sectional, and then beat OH and knocked OH out of the tournament. I may not spell his name right, but Burg had a kid I think that transferred from Portsmouth to Burg, ( Andrew Benhoff ) or something like that, who just went off that game and couldn't miss, he was coming across half court and jacking up 3s and anything else that he attempted. I don't know if he had anymore nights shooting the ball like that, but he certainly put on a show that night.

Return to “Boys Basketball”