Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #10

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain2009 wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:56 am SE Ohio teams in this week's AP poll:

Logan - #12 in D1
Chillicothe - #14 in D1

Sheridan - #8 in D2

Wheelersburg - #2 in D3
Eastern - #7 in D3

Trimble - #10 in D4
... good stuff Chieftain2009 ! thanks for posting it !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... it's 4:17pm USUALLY PFLOYD1 is on the road already ! I'm burning time, before taking the 5 minute drive back to Jim's Gym for tonight's BIG matchup between Logan & Sheridan ... hoping that Heileman is healthy enough to play tonight for the Generals HE IS THAT GOOD that having him on the floor IS an advantage for SHS ... it is understandable IF he doesn't play as the Generals have bigger fish to fry in - John Glenn and the post season ... reading the posts this morning was the first I had heard that the SHS big man in the middle had not played in the last 2 games - big shoes to fill down low ... we'll see ! the napkin stats sheets are filled out ! - no twizzlers though - will have to get my usual 2 dogs plain and a couple waters to hold me over tonight LOL ... safe travels to the Sheridan faithful coming down Rt 664 ...

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I think there is absolutely no argument here that Fairland is without question the best team in the OVC. Undisputed OVC champions for the 4th year in a row.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.
Tigers looking to move up after wins over top 10 Jackson, top 15 Oak Hill 2X and the earlier win over top. 8 Athens.
Who you lose to has to matter: #1 Wheelersburg (20-0) 2X, #2 Chillicothe (D1), #5 Eastern (19-1), Top 20 WCH on the road by 6 following a terrible, gruesome injury to one of their teammates.

Show us some love pfloyd.......... Tigers playing pretty good right now.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.
Tigers looking to move up after wins over top 10 Jackson, top 15 Oak Hill 2X and the earlier win over top. 8 Athens.
Who you lose to has to matter: #1 Wheelersburg (20-0) 2X, #2 Chillicothe (D1), #5 Eastern (19-1), Top 20 WCH on the road by 6 following a terrible, gruesome injury to one of their teammates.

Goodness.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Logan is making up one of their games that was cancelled. They will be hosting Bishop Hartley on Monday.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 pm
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:55 pm Waverly with another big win over Oak Hill tonight.

Goodness.
LOL

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Going to be interesting when the committee of one - me - mulls over this week's games - Logan COULD get W's vs Sheridan (in the books already 71-61) , Athens (#8) and Warren (#8) ... will the committee take into account the strength of schedules even MORE when doing the Elite 8 ? COULD Logan move BACK into the #1 spot ? Wheelersburg is obvious NOT going to lose but what about THAT overall schedule ? Chillicothe plays Warren Friday night ? could there BE a three way tie at the top ? (93bulldog just spit his coffee all over his keyboard !!! LOL ... Sheridan - impressed the committee last night vs Logan even as the Generals were minus 6-7 Grant Heileman from there lineup - do THEY move up as well ? Waverly beats Oak Hill, ZT survives at Ironton, Adena gets beat by Huntington ????? ... what is a committee of one to do ??? - time to get out the Ouija Board and the Magic 8 Ball?... tough rankings meeting this weekend !!!

... more food for thought ... Logan will be playing a makeup game with Columbus Bishop Hartley on Monday AT Logan ... Hartley is the #4 seed in the Central District D2 Post season party ... IF Logan wins out - Sheridan (done), Athens, Warren AND Bishop Hartley - I'm thinking the Purple SHOULD BE the SEOhio , Pfloyd Elite #1 ? decisions , decisions, decisions ... where is that Ouija Board ???? (thank you Chieftain2009 on giving the correct information about the Logan makeup game for Monday ... I read Bishop Hartley and wrote Wadkins Memorial ... I need to call Dr. House to see where the disconnect is LOL ...)
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan has added one of their postponed games BACK on the regular season schedule - ... Logan HOSTS Bishop Hartley this coming Monday ! - sorry about the bad info before the edit ... Bishop Hartley at Logan Monday night ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Looks like Logan will be busy Monday. Hosting Bishop Hartley and traveling to Watlkins in an unusual bb doubleheader.

Personally I will go with Floyd's Info.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

toldya wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:31 am Looks like Logan will be busy Monday. Hosting Bishop Hartley and traveling to Watlkins in an unusual bb doubleheader.

Personally I will go with Floyd's Info.
I was wrong toldya - I'm getting 2old I tell ya or I toldya :lol:

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

Floyd not my first mistake. That is ok I still back the hippo. And Mrs. Floyd.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

The last full weekend of games :

Friday night's big time match-ups -

Logan vs Athens
Chillicothe vs Warren
Zane Trace vs Adena

Coal Grove vs South Point
Chesapeake vs Gallia
Liberty Union vs Fairfield Union
Logan Elm @ Bloom Carroll
Westfall vs Piketon
South Webster vs Minford
Alexander vs Nelsonville York
Waterford vs Belpre

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

toldya wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm Floyd not my first mistake. That is ok I still back the hippo. And Mrs. Floyd.
Free the hippo.....let him dance again!!!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

OHHS old timer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:39 pm
toldya wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:51 pm Floyd not my first mistake. That is ok I still back the hippo. And Mrs. Floyd.
Free the hippo.....let him dance again!!!!
:lol:

Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Portsmouth @ Ironton,may not be as big in the past, but still a great rivalry on the River...Go Trojans

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren defeats Chillicothe 50-48

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Schnellfritz wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:09 pm Warren defeats Chillicothe 50-48
... must have been a great game at the Hat tonight ! Wow ! Coach Maddox is as good courtside as you will find ANYWHERE ... game preparation second to none - doesn't hurt to have a darn good basketball TEAM either ... congratulations to the Warriors - excellent "W" on the road ! ... can't wait to be at the WarriorDome tomorrow night Warren entertaining Logan !!! should be a barnburner !!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peebles at Fairfield : Final Fairfield over Peebles on last second three in Overtime 59-58.
Eastern Brown over Fayetteville 65-63 in 4 overtimes. Lynchburg over White oak I think 54-48. The SHAC continues to beat each other up till the last game. It's Tournament time and the SHAC is ready for tournament time.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Hoopie74 wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:58 pm Peebles at Fairfield : Final Fairfield over Peebles on last second three in Overtime 59-58.
Eastern Brown over Fayetteville 65-63 in 4 overtimes. Lynchburg over White oak I think 54-48. The SHAC continues to beat each other up till the last game. It's Tournament time and the SHAC is ready for tournament time.
Wow! Fun night in the SHAC!

Return to “Boys Basketball”