Eastern pike has won 20 straight games. How far can they go in the tourney??

Waverly69
Waterboy

Eastern pike has won 20 straight games. How far can they go in the tourney??

Post by Waverly69 »

Any thoughts?

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Re: Eastern pike has won 20 straight games. How far can they go in the tourney??

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I would same they have the same chance to win their first game as any other team in Ohio. When the tournament starts everybody is 0-0.

Point blank
Freshman Team

Re: Eastern pike has won 20 straight games. How far can they go in the tourney??

Post by Point blank »

Harvest prep

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Waverly69 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:32 am Any thoughts?
Harvest Prep in the regional semis

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:18 am I would same they have the same chance to win their first game as any other team in Ohio. When the tournament starts everybody is 0-0.
They asked how far can they go, not chances of winning first game. lol. Every team goes into a game with a 50/50 shot.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Even though Harvest is better than Africentric, Eastern did play a similar playing style to prepare them for that type of moment. They also have a great coach in Barrick who would put them in the best decision possible to win.

If Eastern were to win the District and face Harvest...... I'm not saying they are the favorite by any means, but I definitely wouldn't count them out either.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

Focus on one game at a time starting with sectional semi-finals.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

District Semifinal could be very interesting by facing Western the 4th time.
Ditstrict Championship wont be easy with possibly Adena (Oak Hill who beat them already or Ironton)

Should Eastern & Wheelersburg continue to win they will meet in the Regional Championship... Not sure the Eagles have enough depth to match up with the Pirates.

Waverly69
Waterboy

Post by Waverly69 »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am District Semifinal could be very interesting by facing Western the 4th time.
Ditstrict Championship wont be easy with possibly Adena (Oak Hill who beat them already or Ironton)

Should Eastern & Wheelersburg continue to win they will meet in the Regional Championship... Not sure the Eagles have enough depth to match up with the Pirates.
Western is one dimensional with humphries no longer on the team. Eastern is a way different team than they were 21 games ago

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Adena recently lost their point guard I heard and Western lost Humphries. That will hurt both teams if true. Eastern played their worst basketball game of the season against oak hill on the opening night.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly69 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:29 am
smurray wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:12 am District Semifinal could be very interesting by facing Western the 4th time.

Western is one dimensional with humphries no longer on the team. Eastern is a way different team than they were 21 games ago
It’s still intriguing playing a team 4 times in one year (cross County rival). I hadn’t heard about Humphries but its still an intriguing matchup.
Adena, Oak Hill or Ironton wont be an easy win at the convo. Don’t know who they would face in the regional semi but likely to see Wheelersburg in the regional final. Wheelersburg is a whole different beast.

OSU Alumni 2000
Riding the Bench

Post by OSU Alumni 2000 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am Even though Harvest is better than Africentric, Eastern did play a similar playing style to prepare them for that type of moment. They also have a great coach in Barrick who would put them in the best decision possible to win.

If Eastern were to win the District and face Harvest...... I'm not saying they are the favorite by any means, but I definitely wouldn't count them out either.
Well there is always a possibility that africentric could beat prep. They are in the same district this year. Last year, Harvest Prep (Rank 1st) was "better" than Africentric (Ranked 10th) and the Nubians managed to find their way into the State Finals by defeating Prep.

And I believe Africentric has some big quality Wins this year as well.
Goes to show anything can happen. Theres a possibility of an Eastern and Africentric Rematch if the Eagles continue to WIN.

But The Eagles better focus on Wellston first and then go from there.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Absolutely Eastern has a tough road to go and need to worry about 1 game at a time before people start speculating who can knock them off. Because with some of these teams they'll have it's just going to take a good shooting night.

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

After talking some school personnel. The Humphrey situation is very unfortunate. I was told he had the opportunity to serve a punishment, and he denied. It is a big loss for the program in terms of scoring and production on the court, but sometimes these situations work out best for the bigger picture.

One benefit for Western was that this happened after the draw. If this had happened a week before the draw I think it could have hurt their tournament seed. With all that said Western is still full of shooters, and if Broc Jordan steps up now they are still dangerous. I do not think they are one deminsional. I think they can make some noise and IF they take care of the sectional then I believe the matchup with eastern could still be very good.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Here's to hoping Harvest Prep gets beat and both teams win so we can see an Eastern vs Wheelersburg Regional Final

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I think some posters are getting a little ahead of themselves. The D-III tournament is very tough this year. Coach Davis and Chesapeake will be a tough out in the Sectional Finals. Eastern better worry about winning the Sectional first.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Western24 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:38 pm After talking some school personnel. The Humphrey situation is very unfortunate. I was told he had the opportunity to serve a punishment, and he denied. It is a big loss for the program in terms of scoring and production on the court, but sometimes these situations work out best for the bigger picture.

One benefit for Western was that this happened after the draw. If this had happened a week before the draw I think it could have hurt their tournament seed. With all that said Western is still full of shooters, and if Broc Jordan steps up now they are still dangerous. I do not think they are one deminsional. I think they can make some noise and IF they take care of the sectional then I believe the matchup with eastern could still be very good.
Western takes a hit, but even without Humphrey they’re solid. Lane Brewster can flat score the basketball and Brock spreads the floor and is a tough matchup for an opposing teams big man. Wish them the best going forward.

Eagle4life
Waterboy

Post by Eagle4life »

Eastern needs to take it one game at a time starting with Clay Friday. As far as tournament draw, it as is favorable as we could have hoped for. Playing Western a fourth time (IF THAT HAPPENS) will be treat as this is always a battle. 2 solid coaches and communities that rally behind their teams will be even more magnified on this stage! Best of luck Eagles!

HeavyWd40
Waterboy

Post by HeavyWd40 »

I don’t feel their bench is deep enough to get a deep tourney run. Sectional final will be a tough one . If a team gets a couple starters on the bench in foul trouble they may not make it past it .

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

First things first.. Eagles finish out regular season vs Clay on senior night Friday. Eastern has a chance to finish undefeated in the league. Also a cool sidenote,all students will get in free thanks to Towpath.

Return to “Boys Basketball”