Wheelersburg @ Valley, 2/15/19

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: Wheelersburg @ Valley, 2/15/19

Post by wobycat »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:25 am I really think Burg with the team they knew they had coming in should have scheduled up a bit knowing their league wasn’t very strong. There was really only 1 game on that schedule that I believe they shouldn’t have won by 20. They’re so use to playing these blow out games, other than the Jackson game. How are these kids going to respond to close/grind out games later in the tourney. They have the talent but does this group of kids this year have the experience to grind out close games against much better teams than they have seen all season.

On another note, great season burg! Not trying to bring anyone down I was just looking at their schedule and wanted to give my input. Sometimes scheduling better teams can benefit you in the long run, I’ve seen it the last 5-6 years at Fairland. They schedule some teams that no one gives them a shot against and sometimes they play them very close or when them & sometimes they get blown out. Either way it’s a learning experience and you learn so much more about your team in those games.

Good luck though! Once my dragons are eliminated I’ll be
Rooting for ya!
Who cares?

Exactly how has it helped fairland? Have they won some recent championships that I don’t know of? They won the soc. That’s good. Do they account winning that because they played a D1 school?

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:20 pm
StolenTalents12 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:25 am I really think Burg with the team they knew they had coming in should have scheduled up a bit knowing their league wasn’t very strong. There was really only 1 game on that schedule that I believe they shouldn’t have won by 20. They’re so use to playing these blow out games, other than the Jackson game. How are these kids going to respond to close/grind out games later in the tourney. They have the talent but does this group of kids this year have the experience to grind out close games against much better teams than they have seen all season.

On another note, great season burg! Not trying to bring anyone down I was just looking at their schedule and wanted to give my input. Sometimes scheduling better teams can benefit you in the long run, I’ve seen it the last 5-6 years at Fairland. They schedule some teams that no one gives them a shot against and sometimes they play them very close or when them & sometimes they get blown out. Either way it’s a learning experience and you learn so much more about your team in those games.

Rooting for ya!
Who cares?

Exactly how has it helped fairland? Have they won some recent championships that I don’t know of? They won the soc. That’s good. Do they account winning that because they played a D1 school?
Just an oppinion
Chill out

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

JTEK wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:03 pm

Rooting for ya!
Who cares?

Just an oppinion
Chill out
Well to me this opinion has no merit. This is not the only guy that’s made a comment on the burgs schedule. It would be different if there was some sort of evidence that scheduling up makes you a better team but I have yet to see it. They went 22-0. That’s impressive enough.

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Who cares?

Just an oppinion
Chill out
Well to me this opinion has no merit. This is not the only guy that’s made a comment on the burgs schedule. It would be different if there was some sort of evidence that scheduling up makes you a better team but I have yet to see it. They went 22-0. That’s impressive enough.

It’s very impressive. I just believed they were a better team than what their schedule shows.

I think playing tougher teams does improve your team. I was glad to see fairland travelling and facing national ranked teams when they were on the 3-4 year run they were on. Even if the teams were out of their league and ran them off the court. They actually played a lot of the teams they didn’t have any business playing fairly close for 3 quarters & game the games up in the 4th.

If it weren’t for whoever creates the basketball schedule scheduling up I have no doubt for 3 or 4 years in a row the Dragons would have finished their schedule undefeated every one of those years.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

StolenTalents12 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:18 pm
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:22 pm
Just an oppinion
Chill out

It’s very impressive. I just believed they were a better team than what their schedule shows.

I think playing tougher teams does improve your team. I was glad to see fairland travelling and facing national ranked teams when they were on the 3-4 year run they were on. Even if the teams were out of their league and ran them off the court. They actually played a lot of the teams they didn’t have any business playing fairly close for 3 quarters & game the games up in the 4th.

If it weren’t for whoever creates the basketball schedule scheduling up I have no doubt for 3 or 4 years in a row the Dragons would have finished their schedule undefeated every one of those years.
I don’t disagree with you on any of this nor do I disagree with the fact burgs schedule wasn’t strong, but in the end the schedule did not help fairland achieve what they wanted. Now if burg goes down early then I’ll have to come on here and retract my statement.

Return to “Boys Basketball”