Jackson @ Athens

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Jackson @ Athens

Post by Ironman92 »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:31 pm I also believe by Gallia Academy playing RV on Tusesday is advantage to Gallia Academy if they should win then playing Jackson because of playing on that court at Southeastern and not having a week in between games. Gallia has played Tuesday all year and then on Friday so I believe that’s a slight advantage to them not saying they will win, but a slight advantage.7
The court familiarity is a slight advantage

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:24 pm Doesn’t make sense I get blasted for “resting players” comment. The games only half hr long stuff. Playing at home is a huge advantage in basketball.
We weren’t resting players. Williams is hurt and this game didn’t matter. Also the whole Logan Elm staff was at the game

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:44 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:24 pm Doesn’t make sense I get blasted for “resting players” comment. The games only half hr long stuff. Playing at home is a huge advantage in basketball.
We weren’t resting players. Williams is hurt and this game didn’t matter. Also the whole Logan Elm staff was at the game
I got blasted asking if chilly rested their big man vs. warren in the third? I just made an assumption that they might have rested their players. However I think just any post I make there are a few that just like to blast me!

You guys are gonna smoke LE!

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

SEOAL74 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:23 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:12 pm Seems like a good topic.

I wanna be at home. Outside of an injury which can happen at any given time...I didn’t see examples of tired legs affecting Athens. Sure didn’t bother Butcher.
Anybody would rather play at home than on the road, but their is a slight advantage for a team if their not playing the night before and the other team playing back to back. The big difference was Williams not playing he’s a hand full very quick. Jackson still could have won but would have been a little thougher.
I thought Chubb done a nice job running PG last night, unfortunately he got into some foul trouble and sat probably a total of a full quarter, still ended up with 11 I think. Williams on Wallis would have been great to see-all that Quickness and speed. All in all it was a great game for both teams heading into the tournament, some of Athens bench players got some quality minutes, should help going into the tournament. Gallia and Jackson will be a good one!! I would put McClelland or Henry on Donaldson or maybe BOTH!! Lol. May be the only way to stop him. Good luck to both teams going forward.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:56 pm I got blasted asking if chilly rested their big man vs. warren in the third? I just made an assumption that they might have rested their players. However I think just any post I make there are a few that just like to blast me!

You guys can beat Gallia and Warren

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:12 pm
allamericanironman wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:56 pm I got blasted asking if chilly rested their big man vs. warren in the third? I just made an assumption that they might have rested their players. However I think just any post I make there are a few that just like to blast me!

You guys can beat Gallia and Warren
I will agree that they can beat Gallia. Warren I’m not so sure. They are rolling right now, the way they played Chillicothe and Logan is impressive!!! But it’s one game at a time and anything can happen. Look when LE upset Warren a couple years back and Warren was stacked with Huffman, Dennis, Wiehle. Ridge Young had other plans that night. Good luck to all teams this year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”