How to tell if Sessions are Split

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

How to tell if Sessions are Split

Post by LucasDavenport »

Every year this question gets asked so I thought this might help.

It’s all about starting times!

If starting times are 1:45 apart such as:

5:00
6:45
8:30

Not split!

District finals move to 2:00 apart because of Trophy and Medal Presentation

1:00
3:00

Not Split!

Sectional Finals that are 2:30 apart

6:00

Split! 2 tickets needed.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: How to tell if Sessions are Split

Post by VetteMan »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 pm Every year this question gets asked so I thought this might help.

Not split!

Not Split!

Split! 2 tickets needed.
Good Info Lucas. I still would bet that this same Question will be asked more than once tomorrow.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VetteMan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:21 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 pm Every year this question gets asked so I thought this might help.

Not split!

Not Split!

Split! 2 tickets needed.
Good Info Lucas. I still would bet that this same Question will be asked more than once tomorrow.
I agree completely

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

👍

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

It hasn't been rocket science the past 1,500 years - so it seems.
And people still get upset about it like it's a big surprise, LOL!

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Same as everything else, it's all about the cash.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

smurray wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm It hasn't been rocket science the past 1,500 years - so it seems.
Agree. I don't think it's about the money as more as it's about the other team getting center rows, and being able to sit with each other.

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

Agree with Wobycat.Some of these gyms can't hold four teams fans.

itsme
Varsity

Post by itsme »

I say start at the same time as split sessions and don't clear the gym. Most fans will leave before the next game starts

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

wobycat wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:37 am
smurray wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:49 pm It hasn't been rocket science the past 1,500 years - so it seems.
Agree. I don't think it's about the money as more as it's about the other team getting center rows, and being able to sit with each other.
Agree! Even as large and nice as Jackson's Gym is, they probably couldn't hold Wheelersburg and Oak Hills crowd at the same time. This also creates a different problem, as the team playing the later game, then has the problem of finding a close enough parking place, and not having to walk a half a mile. I should have said teams, as Ironton always brings a very good crowd also. The only people leaving the 2 games that are happy, are the 2 winning teams, and the people taking the money for parking.

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

I like to go to tourney games and like to see two games, at least. Travel is always at least an hour and sometimes 2 or more, so that costs quite a bit and takes time. I am more prone to go if the sessions are not split, more because of time than the money. Unlike baseball and other sports the duration of the game is pretty consistent and is usually 1:40 or less and if the sessions are not split there is usually about a half hour between games, which is plenty. Split sessions drag it out, and and make me more unlikely to go.

What made the schedule change happen at Logan Saturday from 3 and 7pm to noon and 3pm? Surely it wasn't to more attract me by cutting the time between starts from 4 to 3 hours!

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

How long do they wait to open the doors up for the last game when they do a split session?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

mhs95_06 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 am I like to go to tourney games and like to see two games, at least. Travel is always at least an hour and sometimes 2 or more, so that costs quite a bit and takes time. I am more prone to go if the sessions are not split, more because of time than the money. Unlike baseball and other sports the duration of the game is pretty consistent and is usually 1:40 or less and if the sessions are not split there is usually about a half hour between games, which is plenty. Split sessions drag it out, and and make me more unlikely to go.

What made the schedule change happen at Logan Saturday from 3 and 7pm to noon and 3pm? Surely it wasn't to more attract me by cutting the time between starts from 4 to 3 hours!
I think Logan might play a home Sectional game Saturday night.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

BBALL99 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:49 am How long do they wait to open the doors up for the last game when they do a split session?
I can only speak for Jackson, but in the past, they usually do a pretty good job in clearing the gym. A lot of the fans that plan to attend the next game, are more than willing to leave the gym, so as to be willing to get back in line for the next game. What can you do as a fan if you want to attend both games, as another poster pointed out earlier, it's been going on for years. If I was guessing on how long it takes, I would say 15-20 min.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Does JAckson still charge for parking? if so why? and how do they get away with it?? no other sectional schools charges to park.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:38 pm Does JAckson still charge for parking? if so why? and how do they get away with it?? no other sectional schools charges to park.
Yes they do still charge for parking. I'm pretty sure that they have for at least the last 10 years. I'm sure that they do for Reg season games in Football and Basketball as well. I'm just guessing on the 10 yrs, they may have been charging since the new HS has been built. Ironman 92 would be the one to ask, I"m sure he would know.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

just seems so petty to charge to park .

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:45 pm just seems so petty to charge to park .
I know that a lot of other people would know ten times more about the situation than I do. It seems as if its brought up every year for the past few years.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

This is probably not the thread to be posting about paying to park at a Jackson sporting event.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:38 pm Does JAckson still charge for parking? if so why? and how do they get away with it?? no other sectional schools charges to park.
Leave it to a VC fan to whine about $2.00 Been that way since they opened the new school and is that way for all events.

Return to “Boys Basketball”