Tournament Time...Referees

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: Tournament Time...Referees

Post by thebarlowbandit »

itsme wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:33 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:24 pm

So again, why do you think people/refs are picking on Holden? In one breath you say es earned them, then you turn around and say they are watching him extra hard to give it to him. So why? Is it because he’s earned a reputation? Because he’s actually doing things to get T’d or is it because people don’t like him? You can’t have this both ways.
Again it simple comprehension. Im not saying any ref is picking on Holden, but if anyone has watched enough games with him on the court this year, which I’m sure you haven’t, you would have seen a lot of looks towards him sometimes not even paying attention to where they should be paying attention. Furthermore they don’t address other players in the same manner. Case in point two other players from burg and Meigs jawed each other later in the game in the same manner as Holden. Neither were assessed a technical.

Now pay attention because this last part is important it’s the point I’ve been trying to make. You Don’t Call the game based on reputation. If Holden gets 10 T s a game, fine but you better t up any kid that does the same. Please don’t reply that maybe he’s the only one doing it because I’ve definitely seen that not to be true. You’re right you can’t have it both ways, it should be one way.

The most he can get is 2 Ts a game then he would set out for 2 games. Again I say the coach should step in and get him under control
Again, you say the officials pick on the kid, but at the same time say you didn't say that! Reading your post is like taking an ice pick to the temple.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:15 am

Again it simple comprehension. Im not saying any ref is picking on Holden, but if anyone has watched enough games with him on the court this year, which I’m sure you haven’t, you would have seen a lot of looks towards him sometimes not even paying attention to where they should be paying attention. Furthermore they don’t address other players in the same manner. Case in point two other players from burg and Meigs jawed each other later in the game in the same manner as Holden. Neither were assessed a technical.

Now pay attention because this last part is important it’s the point I’ve been trying to make. You Don’t Call the game based on reputation. If Holden gets 10 T s a game, fine but you better t up any kid that does the same. Please don’t reply that maybe he’s the only one doing it because I’ve definitely seen that not to be true. You’re right you can’t have it both ways, it should be one way.

The most he can get is 2 Ts a game then he would set out for 2 games. Again I say the coach should step in and get him under control
Again, you say the officials pick on the kid, but at the same time say you didn't say that! Reading your post is like taking an ice pick to the temple.
I literally never used the word picked on. I said they were looking for it, in which they were.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

How many times has Holden been T’d up this season?

thebarlowbandit
All State

wobycat wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:46 pm
thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:37 am

I literally never used the word picked on. I said they were looking for it, in which they were.
Tomato tomato, they are “looking for it”, which implies they are only looking for him. So I’ll rephrase my question. Why do you believe that officials are looking for him and NOT other players?

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

This Thread

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Raider6309 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:44 pm This Thread

We agree!!!! Never thought I’d see the day. Lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Convo play is soon. The best will do the games. I’d guess a touch less physical is allowed.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’d hope so

thebarlowbandit
All State

mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 am I’d hope so
Heck, the best will throw you out of games too. What's that ejection total upto for you now? 40 year old man getting tossed from games. SMH!!!!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:33 pm
mlittle wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:49 am I’d hope so
Heck, the best will throw you out of games too. What's that ejection total upto for you now? 40 year old man getting tossed from games. SMH!!!!
1. My grand total is up to a whopping 1.

2. Like I said on Twitter. I just turned 40 a month ago so cut me some slack.

3. Technically I’ve never actually been seen at a game. That’s my body double. A fine looking one at that.

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

I have thought in the past the district and regional games are very physical at the Convo.

I thought the officiating at the Waverly sectional was very good this year.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Trooper wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 4:20 pm How many times has Holden been T’d up this season?
I would guess around 5 this season.

Probably between 15-20 for his career. Can't really argue he's being picked on when the only common denominator is himself.

Fantastic talent, no denying that.

Watching SE Ohio basketball

Return to “Boys Basketball”