Gallia Academy/RV vs Jackson

Vik
JV Team

Gallia Academy/RV vs Jackson

Post by Vik »

Gallia plays rv for the third time. River will probably play hard but they will be lucky to keep it close.

Gallia got hosed with the 7 but that 7 is cool becuase that’s how many GA players will carry this team thru tournament. Really learning how to play without Loveday and it’s showing. Blouir coming back is going to cause teams problems you’lk see. Time to blow up this unfair seeding process no way were below unioto

jackson only 2 players we can stop that even though no one going to pick us. GA has figured out how to play without big guy and I can’t wait to get this sectional rolling. Jackson hasn’t made it forever and I think when they last did GA knocked them out.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Re: Gallia Academy/RV vs Jackson

Post by SEOAL74 »

I agree Gallia got the shaft in the 7 seed, but that's ok because you have to beat whoever you play to advance. Gallia has seven seniors on this team that has been thru the wars and with Blouir being back and Gallia being at full strengh they will be a hard out/ This Gallia team has learned how to play without Loveday and more kids are getting the chance to show what they can do. Gallia beat South Point without Henry and Blouir with Carter and Walker stepping up and scoring 17 points esch. Then Gallia turned around and beat a good Chesapeake team without Henry who was nursing a hip injury who will be 100% Tuesday for RV and Blouir playing very little. Call went off for 28 points. From night to night you don't know who the leading scorer is going to be on this team. The Carter kid who has stepped in for Loveday has gotten better each game and has done a great job of late. The Henry kid is a lock down defender who can shut players down and make it hard for them to score. "Let the Games begin!"

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

GA by 18

Then Jackson by 16.

Tough draw for Jackson, but if Davis is back, they’ll coast. Without Davis and it could be a lot closer. Gallia probably should’ve been the 6, but also Gallia voted Jackson as the 4, so it is probably good for them.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

2/19 Gallia Academy/River Valley WBYG 99.5 8:00

2/23 Gallia Academy/River Valley winner vs Jackson WBYG 99.5 3:00

Online at www.wbyg.com

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

This has been a up an down year for GA ! Good and bad ! I will say there battle tested ! My guess they have something to prove ! Move on to the convo ! Good Luck GA

Hercules
JV Team

Post by Hercules »

Winner of GA/RV will beat Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Both teams are trending the right direction at the right time. If Cooper and Wallis stay on the floor (as they have virtually every game this season) I like our chances. Yates, Caden D, Hammond, Humphreys have all hit big 3’s throughout the season.

I don’t know if Davis is back or not, if he is that gives Jackson back their #3 scorer and biggest post presence.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

Gallia Academy can't overlook RV and started thinking about Jackson too soon! i know Gallia has beat RV twice this season pretty handily and should take care of business and win again by a marginal score, but they still have to play them and beat them. If Gallia beats RV and I do believe they will. I think Gallia vs Jackson will be anybody's game. Gallia when they have had all their starters healthy have completed with everybody they've played. They got beat by Logan by 18 points, but Call their best all round player didn't play that game and Gallia hadn't played for 2 weeks and the first game against Fairland Loveday had just left and Gallia had not figure how to play without him yet. In my opinion Gallia is playing it's best basketball right now and played Fairland at Fairland and was a 1 point game with a minute to go in game without Blouir who had been hurt since Warren game and have real off 4 straight wins since then.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:09 am Gallia Academy can't overlook RV and started thinking about Jackson too soon! i know Gallia has beat RV twice this season pretty handily and should take care of business and win again by a marginal score, but they still have to play them and beat them. If Gallia beats RV and I do believe they will. I think Gallia vs Jackson will be anybody's game. Gallia when they have had all their starters healthy have completed with everybody they've played. They got beat by Logan by 18 points, but Call their best all round player didn't play that game and Gallia hadn't played for 2 weeks and the first game against Fairland Loveday had just left and Gallia had not figure how to play without him yet. In my opinion Gallia is playing it's best basketball right now and played Fairland at Fairland and was a 1 point game with a minute to go in game without Blouir who had been hurt since Warren game and have real off 4 straight wins since then.
It’s pretty simple really. Shut down Donaldson. Whatever that takes. Jackson’s other scorer is Wallis. Jackson does well getting Donaldson the ball and setting him up for shots. Good luck to all teams.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

First off River Valley is the only team in this sectional without any chance to win a game. Gallia will roll from the get go and probably win something like 65-34.

I’ve watched Jackson 3 times not at home and they struggle getting going and don’t guard the 3 good. I say Gallia is t’d off by their seeding and will want it a bit more. Gallia 49-44

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:20 am
SEOAL74 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:09 am Gallia Academy can't overlook RV and started thinking about Jackson too soon! i know Gallia has beat RV twice this season pretty handily and should take care of business and win again by a marginal score, but they still have to play them and beat them. If Gallia beats RV and I do believe they will. I think Gallia vs Jackson will be anybody's game. Gallia when they have had all their starters healthy have completed with everybody they've played. They got beat by Logan by 18 points, but Call their best all round player didn't play that game and Gallia hadn't played for 2 weeks and the first game against Fairland Loveday had just left and Gallia had not figure how to play without him yet. In my opinion Gallia is playing it's best basketball right now and played Fairland at Fairland and was a 1 point game with a minute to go in game without Blouir who had been hurt since Warren game and have real off 4 straight wins since then.
It’s pretty simple really. Shut down Donaldson. Whatever that takes. Jackson’s other scorer is Wallis. Jackson does well getting Donaldson the ball and setting him up for shots. Good luck to all teams.
The 3 times teams have sold out to stop Donaldson, Wallis has went for 33, 26, 20 and 3 Jackson wins

Donaldson toughest game this year...Jackson won and Yates and Davis led the way. Davis has went for 22, Yates has went for 17. Donaldson/Wallis/Davis all average double figures and 7 other players have hit big 3’s and have scored 6+ in a game and I’m not counting garbage time.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Ironman92 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:49 am
The 3 times teams have sold out to stop Donaldson, Wallis has went for 33, 26, 20 and 3 Jackson wins

Donaldson toughest game this year...Jackson won and Yates and Davis led the way. Davis has went for 22, Yates has went for 17. Donaldson/Wallis/Davis all average double figures and 7 other players have hit big 3’s and have scored 6+ in a game and I’m not counting garbage time.
That is good the other players stepping up. I think if the Davis kid is back then Jackson will be the favorite. If not I think Jackson will be a slight underdog. That’s just my opinion and it doesn’t mean much. Good luck to both teams. I don’t have a favorite just hoping for injury free game for all players.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

I do believe GA will be on a mission to prove they shouldn’t have been a 7 seed and Unioto a 6 seed. There is also that Factor.

GAHS RADIO
Waterboy

Post by GAHS RADIO »

The home of Gallia Academy basketball all season long, 93.1 the Wolf will follow the Blue Devils as far as they go in the tournament. Tune into 93.1 or to onlynewcountry.com and catch all the action with Josh Wellington and Tony Thompson starting Tuesday night vs River Valley.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Who was that 24 for Jackson Ironman? He hit a couple of big 3s against Athens-has a really nice shot.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Who was that 24 for Jackson Ironman? He hit a couple of big 3s against Athens-has a really nice shot.
Griffin Brown. He’s helped lead the jv Ironmen to a 18-2 record. Minutes played this season he’s the 11 man. Kid has worked really hard and improved his all-around game. He’s a zone buster for sure.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I think Gallia Academy should beat river valley but we will see. If they get by river valley. They get Jackson.
Jackson is a team lot like ours they have plenty of kids to beat you.

I love my blue devils but some of you guys need to quit drinking the kool aid. In 2 years. We have beat Athens twice, Zane trace 1 ironton 1 and coal grove twice. We have lost all other games agains quality opponents.

We have not proved that we should be favored against anyone who is any good. The defense has not been good the last 2 games. And everyone knows who knows us. Knows foul shooting is a problem it looked like it was getting better for a couple of games. But 7-17 in last time out. And 1-9 for entire team not named Corey call.

Look I think we can go on a tourney run and I don’t think if we win 3 or 4 games they will be upsets. But there is a difference between that and acting like we have proved it on court.

I think we have good reasons for a lot of our loses this year and if we win 3 or 4 games that will prove true.

But when you look at the program over 2 or 3 years these appear to be more of excuses and not reasons. We haven’t been able to really beat good teams.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Gallia is good and more scorers. I was kind of iffy but after seeing them again I think Gallia definitely beats Jackson.

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Blue Devils rolled. Never a doubt. This team is Convo bound.

GA 57
Jackson 49

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Knowing how to stop Donaldson, and then doing it are 2 different things. After getting to the 1000 Pt club, he seems to be playing better than he has all year. Don't sleep on 2 or 3 other Jackson kids, as they are also very capable of lighting up the scoreboard. I still think they were the best all around team that Wheelersburg has played all year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”