#5 Waverly vs #4 Greenfield McClain 2/22

Tigerhawk123
Waterboy

Re: #5 Waverly vs #4 Greenfield McClain 2/22

Post by Tigerhawk123 »

Agreed - McClain prefers the game in the 40’s whereas Waverly wants a track meet in the 60’s and higher. One thing for sure - will be a packed house full of purplenecks - reminiscent of the old days (and hopefully future years to come). Congrats to Coach Stewart SE Coach of Year and Devin Carter - SE co-player of year.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Greenfield #4 with Waverly @ #5. Waverly is the underdog in this contest.

I also look for a low scoring affair as both teams are stout on defense. Every possession will be at a premium. Keys for Waverly will be to keep McClain off the offensive glass and not giving up easy baskets. Along with getting to the rim and of course hitting foul shots.

Only one more prediction here. Waverly fans will show up in force! Go Tigers.....That's Waverly Tigers :)

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Anyone know what time the doors open?

BigGuy10
Varsity

Post by BigGuy10 »

I look for Waverly to continue on this hot streak and come out tomorrow night with a victory. These seniors are far from done and will come out aggressive and hitting on all cylinders. If Waverly can keep up the tempo and control the offensive glass, I see them winning by 10 points.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

BigGuy10 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:53 pm I look for Waverly to continue on this hot streak and come out tomorrow night with a victory. These seniors are far from done and will come out aggressive and hitting on all cylinders. If Waverly can keep up the tempo and control the offensive glass, I see them winning by 10 points.
Yes, if Waverly continues to play the way they have been lately they’ll be hard to beat.
Orange & Black needs to be hitting on all cylinders.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

I think that Waverly’s bigs will play a huge part in this game. They can wear down the oppositions bigs by rim running every trip. The combination of Smallwood,Dunn,Wolfe,Shanks tends to wear down the other teams bigs over the course of a game allowing Waverly to control the boards thus control tempo. The grind of keeping up with them causes opposing bigs to get flat footed on “D” causing poor rotations on defense allowing Waverly to get to the rim and also kick for open corner 3’s. I like Waverly in this matchup I think the control the tempo and win 55-47

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lightle04 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:37 pm I think that Waverly’s bigs will play a huge part in this game. They can wear down the oppositions bigs by rim running every trip. The combination of Smallwood,Dunn,Wolfe,Shanks tends to wear down the other teams bigs over the course of a game allowing Waverly to control the boards thus control tempo. The grind of keeping up with them causes opposing bigs to get flat footed on “D” causing poor rotations on defense allowing Waverly to get to the rim and also kick for open corner 3’s. I like Waverly in this matchup I think the control the tempo and win 55-47
They aren’t wearing down Mischal

Kicker.
All Conference

Post by Kicker. »

Clemson Tigers against the LSU Tigers or I mean Waverly Tigers vs McClain Tigers. Look for it to be a good game I’ll take the Tigers in orange and black by 5

A Kicker of various balls. Trust The Process
HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 pm
Lightle04 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:37 pm I think that Waverly’s bigs will play a huge part in this game. They can wear down the oppositions bigs by rim running every trip. The combination of Smallwood,Dunn,Wolfe,Shanks tends to wear down the other teams bigs over the course of a game allowing Waverly to control the boards thus control tempo. The grind of keeping up with them causes opposing bigs to get flat footed on “D” causing poor rotations on defense allowing Waverly to get to the rim and also kick for open corner 3’s. I like Waverly in this matchup I think the control the tempo and win 55-47
They aren’t wearing down Mischal
I don’t think Carter ever gets winded either. I like tournament games like this, because people who haven’t seen both teams assume that they know both teams.

Tiger1205
Waterboy

Post by Tiger1205 »

McClain Tigers started year ranked 67 out of 72 in the preseason poll. Turned in a 15-7 year. New coach who knows what he is doing. Same team as last year. These kids are thirsty. It will be a great game. Purple Tiger nation is back. McClain will win by 4. Will be a great atmosphere.

Seems like McClain isn’t getting much respect

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I do think that Waverly is playing better right now, but they better turn McClain over, because I can’t see them scoring a lot in the half court.

I think Penwell will be able to handle the pressure and McClain wins by 4.

gobluehoops20
Waterboy

Post by gobluehoops20 »

:D
Last edited by gobluehoops20 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Battle lines being drawn.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Waverly will create a lot of turnovers. They will wear greenfield down and pull away in the end. Waverly by 12-15 and headed to the convo for a showdown with Sheridan again.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

gobluehoops20 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:20 am McClain will be too much for the Tigers tonight, with the DISTRICT (co) player of the year, Mr.Devin Carter, and a LEGITIMATE college prospect in Dalton MIschal the Purple n Gold will be too much inside. Kobe Penwell is obviously the best guard on the floor as well. McClain by 20+. I don't really see this one being a game.
I don’t believe that you believe what you typed

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Ukfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:30 am Waverly will create a lot of turnovers. They will wear greenfield down and pull away in the end. Waverly by 12-15 and headed to the convo for a showdown with Sheridan again.
Yes, McClain can’t keep up with Waverly

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Quick question?

Is it Survivor or Katy Perry?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:03 am Quick question?

Is it Survivor or Katy Perry?
Survivor is Eye of the Tiger

Katy Perry is Roar

If referees get whistle happy it might be MC Hammer

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tiger1205 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:50 pm McClain Tigers started year ranked 67 out of 72 in the preseason poll. Turned in a 15-7 year. New coach who knows what he is doing. Same team as last year. These kids are thirsty. It will be a great game. Purple Tiger nation is back. McClain will win by 4. Will be a great atmosphere.

Seems like McClain isn’t getting much respect
McClain not getting much respect? Are you serious. Because a few people picked Waverly?
A few people picked McClain as well. McClain got the higher seed so I’d say they got more respect then the orange & black tigers.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I know the names of the songs ... just trying to lighten it up a little.

Survivor has the Rocky 3 thing going for it. Old School.

Katy Perry has The Left Shark and that great College Gameday Segment at Ole Miss going for her — I thought Ole Lee Corso might need a defibrillator — She’s definitely New School or Out of School.

I think of McClain and their grind it out style as Survivor and that’s how I ultimately came to my decision on the picks section.

Waverly has something going for them though. They have a swagger — you don’t beat Waverly — they don’t accept it — they always just missed too many FTs or couldn’t hit shots. There’s something to be said for that semi craziness... makes them dangerous. We listened to Waverly Radio after The Burg Loss late in the year and not one time did anyone say — not one time! Wheelersburg just flat beat us.... it was — well if we made a few more layups or converted that series early in the game... and I’m thinking — they are all crazy!

Crazy like a fox perhaps?

Return to “Boys Basketball”