Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by 93Bulldog »

4 teams from one conference on the end table ... Ouch

Is that a record, Floyd?

But congratulations to Fed Hock, who was not one of the 4. the Lancers had been on that end table for about 4 consecutive years I think.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Did some quick math on Warren and over the last 10 years of finishing inside the elite 8 warren has compiled a overall record of 195-45 during that time.

Go Blue
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:17 pm Did some quick math on Warren and over the last 10 years of finishing inside the elite 8 warren has compiled a overall record of 195-45 during that time.
... more than deserving the attention, the rankings they have EARNED each of those years ...

OHHS old timer
SEOPS HOF

Post by OHHS old timer »

Another great job pfloyd....logan proved themselves worthy of heralded #1 spot.

1000 thanks for your hard work....and to mrs. pfloyd!! She deserves something special from the committee!!

I'm not old, I'm mold....still growing!!
2019 NCAA Tournament Pick 'em champ
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Whs95fan wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:17 pm Did some quick math on Warren and over the last 10 years of finishing inside the elite 8 warren has compiled a overall record of 195-45 during that time.
Makes me want to throw up in my mouth

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:09 pm
Makes me want to throw up in my mouth

:mrgreen:
:lol:

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Not sure how you can keep Burg out of the top spot without a blemish. Logan had a better schedule but they are also the bigger school. My only beef

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If you get a chance go to the Convo picks thread and get in the game

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Pa Trojan
JV Team

Post by Pa Trojan »

Wheelersburg had a great season, dont worry about the rankings, go very deep in the one and done and finish it off

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pa Trojan wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:01 am Wheelersburg had a great season, dont worry about the rankings, go very deep in the one and done and finish it off
I don’t really. I thought he had them at number one. Not sure why he’d bump them down. Especially with no losses

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:55 am Not sure how you can keep Burg out of the top spot without a blemish. Logan had a better schedule but they are also the bigger school. My only beef
Bigger school has nothing to do with schedule. you can have a loaded schedule at any division.
At the end of the day Burg had a cupcake D3 schedule. Logan had a loaded D1 schedule.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

CavalierAlum05 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:54 am
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:55 am Not sure how you can keep Burg out of the top spot without a blemish. Logan had a better schedule but they are also the bigger school. My only beef
Bigger school has nothing to do with schedule. you can have a loaded schedule at any division.
At the end of the day Burg had a cupcake D3 schedule. Logan had a loaded D1 schedule.
No but a bigger school has something to do with choosing more athletes. Logan also lost games to that schedule. Regardless schedule has nothing to do with what team you have.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

How many note worthy teams did Burg beat this year? By your bigger school theory, Logan 9 through 12 as a district(1105) should have been crushed by Gahanna Lincoln(1619)12pt loss, Lancaster(1821)28pt win, Hilliard Davidson(5111)6pt loss, Pickerington North(3504)23pt win and should get blown out by Grove city. Sorry, not buying the school size theory, especially in hoops. Its not more athletes, its the right athletes. School size really has nothing to do with it.

AT THE RESERVATION
Burgfan/grad85
Freshman Team

Post by Burgfan/grad85 »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm How many note worthy teams did Burg beat this year? By your bigger school theory, Logan 9 through 12 as a district(1105) should have been crushed by Gahanna Lincoln(1619)12pt loss, Lancaster(1821)28pt win, Hilliard Davidson(5111)6pt loss, Pickerington North(3504)23pt win and should get blown out by Grove city. Sorry, not buying the school size theory, especially in hoops. Its not more athletes, its the right athletes. School size really has nothing to do with it.
School size has everything to do with it ! The more students means more of a pool of athletes to choose from you can't be serious that a bigger school has nothing to do with it ?

Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

What are you complaining about, Burgfan? Wheelersburg pulls from ALL of Scioto County! Their enrollment is, what, nearly 10,000?

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Pfloyd's Elite 8 has nothing to do with school size/enrollment. Otherwise, he would break it out by divisions.

The purpose is to rank all SEO teams from top to bottom.

Post by 1987chieftains »

Burgfan/grad85 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:31 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm How many note worthy teams did Burg beat this year? By your bigger school theory, Logan 9 through 12 as a district(1105) should have been crushed by Gahanna Lincoln(1619)12pt loss, Lancaster(1821)28pt win, Hilliard Davidson(5111)6pt loss, Pickerington North(3504)23pt win and should get blown out by Grove city. Sorry, not buying the school size theory, especially in hoops. Its not more athletes, its the right athletes. School size really has nothing to do with it.
School size has everything to do with it ! The more students means more of a pool of athletes to choose from you can't be serious that a bigger school has nothing to do with it ?
I get what your saying but that theory is not always true. If size is everything then why didn't Logan get ran off the courts by all of the much larger schools? Again its not all about the number of athletes, Its about having the right athletes.

AT THE RESERVATION
1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 pm
I get what your saying but that theory is not always true. If size is everything then why didn't Logan get ran off the courts by all of the much larger schools? Again its not all about the number of athletes, Its about having the right athletes.
Also Wheelerburg that is in Scioto co (Population: 75,929). Logan that is in Hocking co (Population: 28,474). Wheelerburg has a much Larger talent pool then Logan.

AT THE RESERVATION
3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:14 pm
1987chieftains wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Also Wheelerburg that is in Scioto co (Population: 75,929). Logan that is in Hocking co (Population: 28,474). Wheelerburg has a much Larger talent pool then Logan.
Have to take in account that talent pool is also split by about 7 or so schools

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

It was very simple ... after seeing both teams, and all but 2 of my top 40 teams - Logan is simply the BEST of the BEST ... they proved it vs the most difficult schedule in SEOhio ... they are experienced , strong, all seniors, with one of, if not THE best PG in SEO in Caleb Bell, the BEST all around player/scorer in SEO in Bo Myers with the best supporting cast of defenders, offensive players in SEO ... the last week of games vs some of the best teams in SEO along with the #4 seed in the Central District in D2 -Bishop Hartley- solidified that fact - they came through that gauntlet of games 4-0 in six days ... 17-3 vs the schedule they played ... no other team in SEO would have done that imo based on my observations of the other teams in SEO ... I respect those who see it the other way with Wheelersburg on top - but I will also say that those same peoples have not seen Logan play ... Those who HAVE seen the Purple of Logan play I feel would support the final rankings and my statement above ... I wish ALL of the TEAMS in the SEO District nothing but the best in the post season ... let's get someone to the Show in C'bus !!!
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”