Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

Post by Oldhickory82 »

58 to 49..peake

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Congrats to Peake, sounded like Eastern really struggled with the zone peake was running.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Peake is pretty good. People laughed at me for saying they we're good when the beat Peebles on January 19th at the Dave Young classic.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Chesapeake! I was wrong, I certainly didn't see this one coming.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Not shocked but am surprised.

Congrats to Peake

PantherPride
Varsity

Post by PantherPride »

Way to go Peake! On to the Convo!!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats Peake and Coach Davis.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Wow!! Congrats Chesapeake when Athens won early in the year in a close one against Peake I knew this ball club could compete with anyone!!

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldhickory82 »

Final 58 to 49 peake

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

It sounded like Coach Davis came up with a nice gamelan and the Panthers executed it brilliantly. From the radio broadcast, it sounded like they were willing to let the Eagles shoot it from deep, but they weren’t going to let Miller beat them from close range. Congrats to the Eagles on a great season. You guys only lost two games...something in which to certainly be proud.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 pm It sounded like Coach Davis came up with a nice gamelan and the Panthers executed it brilliantly. From the radio broadcast, it sounded like they were willing to let the Eagles shoot it from deep, but they weren’t going to let Miller beat them from close range. Congrats to the Eagles on a great season. You guys only lost two games...something in which to certainly be proud.
That's what I gathered from listening to the game for a bit. Eastern settled early and hit the outside shots but the odds you can shoot like that all game are slim. I think this is a game where the Peake players executed the game plan to perfection and from listening I didn't notice a lot of game change for Eastern. Wasn't there but from the sounds of it this was a game where Barrick was outcoached, I think a game where peake was so deep they could keep throwing guys at you and Eastern has only played 6 guys pretty much all year, hard to do. Great season though, lost their 1st and last game of the year and won everything in between and even were state ranked at one point. Looks like we are really going to have to watch out for Peake over the next couple years given how young they are.
Last edited by greygoose on Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

greygoose wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:52 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:46 pm It sounded like Coach Davis came up with a nice gamelan and the Panthers executed it brilliantly. From the radio broadcast, it sounded like they were willing to let the Eagles shoot it from deep, but they weren’t going to let Miller beat them from close range. Congrats to the Eagles on a great season. You guys only lost two games...something in which to certainly be proud.
That's what I gathered from listening to the game for a bit. Eastern settled early and hit the outside shots but the odds you can shoot like that all game are slim. I think this is a game where the Peake players executed the game plan to perfection and from listening I didn't notice a lot of game change for Eastern. Wasn't there but from the sounds of it this was a game where Barrick was outcoached, I think a game where peake was so deep they could keep throwing guys at you and Eastern has only played 6 guys pretty much all year, hard to do. Great season though, lost their 1st and last game of the year and won everything in between and even were state ranked at one point. Looks like the are is really going to have to watch out for Peake over the next couple years given how young they are.
Goose, you’re right. The Panthers depth and the Eagles lack therof sounded like a huge difference in the ballgame. The announcers were saying the Eagles looked really tired in the last few minutes.

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

Well that stinks! Good job peake!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Eastern Pike on an outstanding year.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Great season Eagles. Congrats to the seniors who learned some great life lessons this year. Good luck.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Congratulations to Coach Davis and the Chesapeake Panthers - big win over a very good Eastern Pike team to get the official invite to Basketball 30 ! ... the youngsters got it done a year before they were EXPECTED to get it done ... You won't look out of place wearing your purple & white now peake71 !!! the Panthers will be in the house !!!

Reds Fan
JV Team

Post by Reds Fan »

only caught the second half of this one but from what I saw eastern looked like they did not wanna be there and that they were taking Chesapeake lightly. Peake brought all the intensity and really played a perfect second half IMO. Congrats to the Coach and the players on the win

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Congratulations to the Panthers on a nice win and advancing to the Convo.

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd our Panthers made it back and I will wear it proudly. In my opinion the Peake played two of their best games all year to win the sectional.
To the fair weather fans Coach Davis is one of the areas best coaches. We have been down the past couple years but not out.
We are back to the Convo let's the Panthers roar.

Return to “Boys Basketball”