Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

Post by BackTap »

The Eagles are having one heck of a season so far. Chesapeake will be no small task Saturday. Can the Eagles stay out of foul trouble? How will Chesapeake guard Leist and Miller? Thoughts & predictions on Saturday's game?

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern Pike vs. Chesapeake

Post by Watson45 »

Just discussing this. I think Chesapeake matches up with eastern as well as any team I have seen them play. They are the real deal. The matchup between Miller, weaver and their 2 big guys will be fun to watch. Imo eastern holds a slight edge there but these kids are good. Their half court trap had belpre curled up in the fetal position but I am very sure barrick has a plan for that. Their freshman guard and leist will be a show to watch. Fun game. Excited to see it.

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldhickory82 »

Hopefully peake wins but I see h.o.f. barrick getting another district title

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldhickory82 »

Yes I realize this is sectionals..just saying I foresee them winning their side of district bracket

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Watson45 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 am Just discussing this. I think Chesapeake matches up with eastern as well as any team I have seen them play. They are the real deal. The matchup between Miller, weaver and their 2 big guys will be fun to watch. Imo eastern holds a slight edge there but these kids are good. Their half court trap had belpre curled up in the fetal position but I am very sure barrick has a plan for that. Their freshman guard and leist will be a show to watch. Fun game. Excited to see it.
I have not seen Chesapeake play, as no doubt you probably have. I have seen Eastern Pike play mayby 3 or 4 times. Two very good coaches for both teams, I'm sure both teams will be very well prepared. If the freshman guard is as good as you think he is, and he very well may be, I hope that he is, because he may be going up against one of the best Point Guards in SEO.

burgfella69
JV Team

Post by burgfella69 »

Interesting matchup.. Chesapeake has good size and scoring capability, this one could be close.

Watson45
Riding the Bench

Post by Watson45 »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:19 pm
Watson45 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:28 am Just discussing this. I think Chesapeake matches up with eastern as well as any team I have seen them play. They are the real deal. The matchup between Miller, weaver and their 2 big guys will be fun to watch. Imo eastern holds a slight edge there but these kids are good. Their half court trap had belpre curled up in the fetal position but I am very sure barrick has a plan for that. Their freshman guard and leist will be a show to watch. Fun game. Excited to see it.
I have not seen Chesapeake play, as no doubt you probably have. I have seen Eastern Pike play mayby 3 or 4 times. Two very good coaches for both teams, I'm sure both teams will be very well prepared. If the freshman guard is as good as you think he is, and he very well may be, I hope that he is, because he may be going up against one of the best Point Guards in SEO.
I agree. I dont want to disparage any team, but belpre wasnt up to the task of keeping the game competitive. So maybe not an accurate comparison for eastern. But I think this will still be a good one.

Half Slice
Freshman Team

Post by Half Slice »

This is kind of a trap game. ThePanthers are young and at times mistake prone but have talent and coaching. Eastern better not look past the purple.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

I’m pretty sure Eastern wins this by around 10.

Chesapeake will be a lot to deal with the next 2 years though.

EagleNut14
Freshman Team

Post by EagleNut14 »

The Eagles have came out flat past two games. If they do that in this game I can see a close game and it go either way. If they come out ready to roll I'm gonna to say Eagles by 12.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I still think EP wins this game, but it wouldn't shock me if Chesapeake "upset" them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Chilly & TFred will bring this game in 100.9 WXIZ or wxiz.com. Air time about 5:50

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I think this game should be really good, we'll see who's hitting the shots. Eastern Pike seen what Peake done in their first game you can guarantee that no one from EP is looking past this Peake team. Everyone talks about how will EP handle this or that with Peake, but I have to wonder here we are 1 game away from the convo how is the freshman guard going to handle going up against one of the top PGs in the area. I'm going to take EP in this one but I won't be shocked if Peake has a lead at halftime and Eastern Pike turns it around come 2nd half and wins it by 6-7 points. Good luck to both teams on what should be a really good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I can’t bet against Leist/Miller and Barrick

Sounds like a long tourney run

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Bobby k wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm Chilly & TFred will bring this game in 100.9 WXIZ or wxiz.com. Air time about 5:50
Great! Those boys deserve some media coverage. Look forward to hearing the call

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

greygoose wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:27 pm I think this game should be really good, we'll see who's hitting the shots. Eastern Pike seen what Peake done in their first game you can guarantee that no one from EP is looking past this Peake team. Everyone talks about how will EP handle this or that with Peake, but I have to wonder here we are 1 game away from the convo how is the freshman guard going to handle going up against one of the top PGs in the area. I'm going to take EP in this one but I won't be shocked if Peake has a lead at halftime and Eastern Pike turns it around come 2nd half and wins it by 6-7 points. Good luck to both teams on what should be a really good game.
Peake came out with pressure and that zone had Belpre all confused and out of sorts. Eastern typically handles the press very well. The africentric game Leist ran circles around the pressure and the Eagles out ran the Nubians. I would compare peake pressure to africentric. Long athletic kids that work hard. This should be a dandy but I agree with most everyone else. Leist is the difference.

KingRichard22
Waterboy

Post by KingRichard22 »

When is this game?

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench

Post by Oldhickory82 »

18 to 11...end 1st..both teams playing well..eagles hitting 3s

Oldhickory82
Riding the Bench