Gallia Academy VS Jackson sectional final saturday @3

baseball16
All Conference

Re: Gallia Academy VS Jackson sectional final saturday @3

Post by baseball16 »

I saw where Loveday is not even on HP's Roster anymore! Wow! Probably should have stayed at Gallia.

Anyways, this should be great Sect. Final Game. Southeastern now has the stronger Sectional whereas the Logan Sectional was like this for years. (Many teams knocked out of Sectional that probably deserved a trip to the Convo. #supersectional)

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 am
VisionQuest wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 am Anyone know if Davis will be back? If not I take GA in a close one 58-55. I think McClelland or Henry will slow Donaldson down. The others won’t be able to pick up that slack. Just my opinion. Depends on how Call for GA and Donaldson for Jackson play which determines the Winner. Good luck to both teams.
Rumors are Davis can be back. The doctors are supposed to clear him today. Remains to be seen
I’m not a dr. he was gutting it out after he was injured just a sprain. Little adrenaline flowing after a few weeks of rest. It was Waverly game I believe. Gallia better tighten up that game plan Davis at 75% is better than anything gallias got. Adds 12 rebounds a block or two and I’d give him 10 points At 75% more if he’s 100%. 18 days 2.5 weeks.

He is the first guy off the bus and on the court type!

The question is how is galli planning to guard Dons will they play man or a form of zone on him with Davis underneath this would about force them to play man. Does gallia press much?

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

allamericanironman wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:46 am
countywide35 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 am
VisionQuest wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:36 am Anyone know if Davis will be back? If not I take GA in a close one 58-55. I think McClelland or Henry will slow Donaldson down. The others won’t be able to pick up that slack. Just my opinion. Depends on how Call for GA and Donaldson for Jackson play which determines the Winner. Good luck to both teams.
They may play a box in one they won’t play zone
Rumors are Davis can be back. The doctors are supposed to clear him today. Remains to be seen
I’m not a dr. he was gutting it out after he was injured just a sprain. Little adrenaline flowing after a few weeks of rest. It was Waverly game I believe. Gallia better tighten up that game plan Davis at 75% is better than anything gallias got. Adds 12 rebounds a block or two and I’d give him 10 points At 75% more if he’s 100%. 18 days 2.5 weeks.

He is the first guy off the bus and on the court type!

The question is how is galli planning to guard Dons will they play man or a form of zone on him with Davis underneath this would about force them to play man. Does gallia press much?
They may play a box in one if not straight man to man unless they get in foul trouble and yes they will press some.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Be shocked if Gallia played Box and One.

Jackson’s other 4 are too good.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

LucasDavenport wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:34 pm Be shocked if Gallia played Box and One.

Jackson’s other 4 are too good.
Sounds like gonna be forced to play man. throw away the seedings this is gonna be a ballgame. Be nice to see a straight up man to man physical matchup. This is why I’m going with Jackson. I see it close or overtime to decide it. 50-48 .first to 50 wins!

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Davis no doubt is a force to be reckoned with. And if there is anyway that he can play he will. He is the son of an all American dad as a football player and Shot put throwing and if his son will play just with half the heart is his daddy did the blue Devils are going to have a force that is gonna be tough to stop.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I look for Gallia to pull off the upset--all the pressure is on Jackson to advance.

SEOAL74
Freshman Team

Post by SEOAL74 »

baseball16 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:44 am I saw where Loveday is not even on HP's Roster anymore! Wow! Probably should have stayed at Gallia.

Anyways, this should be great Sect. Final Game. Southeastern now has the stronger Sectional whereas the Logan Sectional was like this for years. (Many teams knocked out of Sectional that probably deserved a trip to the Convo. #supersectional)
He never did show up on their roster because he transferred after start of season he is still there!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I don't know the situation with Davis, whether or not he will be able to play or not. I'm not even sure how long or how many games he has missed. If he's only cleared today, and has not been able to practice, even though the team wants him back badly, I doubt that he would be full go. He no doubt is a very important player for the Ironmen, but him being hurt has meant that they have had to adjust there lineup, and change there rotation and give a lot of other players a lot more important playing time. Don't sleep on Jackson, they have played a pretty good schedule this year themselves.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I See GA and the SR class will step up! Good Luck !

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

As a blue devil fan I may be crazy but I am not worried about our defense no matter who plays for Jackson. We will make adjustments and figure it out at the end of court. The only game this season we didn’t figure it out against was at Logan... and we could not stop there great player.

For me this game comes down to the other end of court the Gallia offense and can they score enough points to win. Are we going to be able to value possessions and have less then 10 turnovers? Are we going to make foul shots? Is the offense going to flow or be stagnet.

I am sure I am probably over simplifying it. But we have had more to do with our loses then our opponents.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:04 pm As a blue devil fan I may be crazy but I am not worried about our defense no matter who plays for Jackson. We will make adjustments and figure it out at the end of court. The only game this season we didn’t figure it out against was at Logan... and we could not stop there great player.

For me this game comes down to the other end of court the Gallia offense and can they score enough points to win. Are we going to be able to value possessions and have less then 10 turnovers? Are we going to make foul shots? Is the offense going to flow or

I am sure I am probably over simplifying it. But we have had more to do with our loses then our opponents.
How’s Gallia at shooting the 3’s?

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Depends on who is shooting them Mcellend probably shoots close to 50% from free or a little better but only shoots 3 or 4 times a game. If bailey walker plays much he can light it up from 3. He is not a great defender though.

Call can shoot it from 3 about average for high school. But his game is so much more about from 17 feet in. That I would prefer he wasn’t shooting the 3.

Blouir and Davis can make the 3 but both those guys are looking to go to hoop when they get the ball. That they don’t shoot many.

No one has really stopped us from getting inside so I have no idea if we chucked up a bunch how we would do.

23tdb
Riding the Bench

Post by 23tdb »

Davis is back, not sure how he can move but he is a force to be reckoned with.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

I heard that Billy Hoyle would be playing also. He doesn't get off the floor very well, but he can shoot.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Good Luck to The Blue Devils! You can do this!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

NCAA player from Duke ! Won't leave the team ! And wait for the NBA draft ! He would not do that to his team mates !

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:25 pm NCAA player from Duke ! Won't leave the team ! And wait for the NBA draft ! He would not do that to his team mates !
Bosa done it and will probably be #1 pick in NFL draft. You really think Duke cares about Zion? This young man could would have went straight to NBA. If He gets seriously injured-he misses out on hundreds of millions-while the NCAA makes hundreds of millions off young men like him. It is a flawed system.

toldya
Freshman Team

Post by toldya »

This game is too close to call. It will be just the opposite of the tightly contested fb game last fall. Jackson had the talent edge and Gallia had the coaching advantage. This round Gallia has the talent and COACHING advantage to Jackson.

I will enjoy being at the game this afternoon.

Injury free game for both teams.

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

The game can be heard on Big Country 99.5 and online at www.wbyg.com

Return to “Boys Basketball”