SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland VS Alexander 2/23

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander played D2 Athens twice, both good games
They played at D2 Warren
They played D2 Jackson
They played D2 Vinton twice
They played at D1 Chillicothe

They crushed Minford at Minford, played at Oak Hill and a solid Trimble team ranked in the top 10 D4.

There schedule prepared them for that game vs Fairland
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:25 pm Alexander played D2 Athens twice, both good games
They played at D2 Warren
They played D2 Jackson
They played at D2 Chillicothe

They crushed Minford at Minford, played at Oak Hill and beat a Trimble team ranked in the top 10 D4.

I threw up when you tried to mention Trimble like that..

Yes, “technically” they are ranked in the state.... but they are NOT a top 10 D4 team in Ohio. Period. You and I both know that. Heck, Howie would tell you that. They did get some respect from voters due to the name and previous success, but Coal Grove is 15+ points better than Trimble and didn’t receive a single vote in D4.

With that said, I do think Alexander is solid and DOES play a tough schedule. But beating a down Trimble team (talent wise you and I know they are way down, just exceptionally coached in an insanely weak TVC Hocking) isn’t something I’d brag about on the resume for a D3 team.

I also think Kearns is a top 3 coach in all of the TVC, only behind Howie and Combs in my book.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:25 pm Alexander played D2 Athens twice, both good games
They played at D2 Warren
They played D2 Jackson
They played at D2 Chillicothe

They crushed Minford at Minford, played at Oak Hill and beat a Trimble team ranked in the top 10 D4.

Chilly is D1

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Unbiased wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:09 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 pm Got a break by avoiding the Dragons?

I honestly believe either Alex/Fairland are equal ... or Alex is better. Better PG play, better C. Wings are bout even.
I will have to respectfully disagree. If you believe those then you have obviously not seen Fairland enough to judge them. I firmly believe that the Dragons have a much better PG in Freshman Aiden Porter. Tonight was not his night, he is and will be phenomenal though. Had 21 points on Dublin Coffman. I also heard that this was Alex’s C best game of the year by far from several sources. I may be wrong, opinions are opinions. I just know that the Dragons were not the Dragons tonight. Hopefully Alexander is able to make a run
Why can't you give a little credit where credit is due ? That's why they say "Win", or go "Home". Mayby it wasn't your night, but just mayby Alexander had something to do with that. If I were dominated the way you were in the second half, I would just say Congrats Alexander.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ok ok ok

Using AP ranking to better a resume is not wise. But, at the end of the day, Trimble is a good ball club that is (17-3) on the year. With a quality win over Alexander.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:40 pm Ok ok ok

Using AP ranking to better a resume is not wise. But, at the end of the day, Trimble is a good ball club that is (17-3) on the year. With a quality win over Alexander.
I was very impressed with Alexander tonight. I have seen Valley twice this year, Alexander is a 20+ point favorite at the Convo. Maybe more. Alexander and Burg would be a very fun district final. Burg has the best player but Alex has plenty of athletes to make it a battle

Watching SE Ohio basketball
VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

WTH?!?! 93Bulldog you are all over Alex winning tonight but don’t say a darn thing about Athens winning over LE last night? Where do your loyalties lie?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

VisionQuest wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:44 pm

WTH?!?! 93Bulldog you are all over Alex winning tonight but don’t say a darn thing about Athens winning over LE last night? Where do your loyalties lie?
And you are clearly more ecstatic that Alex best Fairland than Athens beating LE.

Unbiased
Waterboy

Post by Unbiased »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:38 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:29 pm Got a break by avoiding the Dragons?

I honestly believe either Alex/Fairland are equal ... or Alex is better. Better PG play, better C. Wings are bout even.
I will have to respectfully disagree. If you believe those then you have obviously not seen Fairland enough to judge them. I firmly believe that the Dragons have a much better PG in Freshman Aiden Porter. Tonight was not his night, he is and will be phenomenal though. Had 21 points on Dublin Coffman. I also heard that this was Alex’s C best game of the year by far from several sources. I may be wrong, opinions are opinions. I just know that the Dragons were not the Dragons tonight. Hopefully Alexander is able to make a run
Why can't you give a little credit where credit is due ? That's why they say "Win", or go "Home". Mayby it wasn't your night, but just mayby Alexander had something to do with that. If I were dominated the way you were in the second half, I would just say Congrats Alexander.
If I’m not mistaking, I have given Alexander credit a few times already. Alexander is a very good team and I think that they can beat Burg and win the district. You would have seen this is you read all my comments. I just believe that those who haven’t actually seen Fairland play, will look at this score wrong as it was actually a 7–9 point game and Fairland was bad. You’re right though, Alexander made them uncomfortable. I personally don’t think that was the full reason though and I do actually believe Fairland is a better team than Alexander. They were not tonight though, Congrats to Alexander

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

1. I called the Athens game last night and I will be broadcasting Athens district game. I try and limit my comments and predictions with a team I'm doing on the radio.

2. I wasnt working tonight, just enjoying the game and had/have time to post and comment. That wasnt the case last night.

3. I expected Athens to beat the lower seeded Braves. Tonight's matchup I felt good about, but wasnt sure. It was still a 6 over 3 upset that always brings more attention

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

Alexander out scores Fairland 30-6 in the second half. Alexander is a better team tha Fairland and would win 7 out of 10 games. Stone Marlins Irwin was solid but the credit goes to coach Kearns calling three straight plays to the big boy to start the third quarter. And Kaleb staying out of foul trouble in the second half made scoring very difficult for the dragons. The rim got smaller as the game went on and Fairland could not hit a shot.

Turns out this was a great draw for Alexander.

Go Alex.
Go TVC.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 pm 1. I called the Athens game last night and I will be broadcasting Athens district game. I try and limit my comments and predictions with a team I'm doing on the radio.

2. I wasnt working tonight, just enjoying the game and had/have time to post and comment. That wasnt the case last night.

3. I expected Athens to beat the lower seeded Braves. Tonight's matchup I felt good about, but wasnt sure. It was still a 6 over 3 upset that always brings more attention
Do you do games with lukasmoore?

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Unbiased wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 pm

If I’m not mistaking, I have given Alexander credit a few times already. Alexander is a very good team and I think that they can beat Burg and win the district. You would have seen this is you read all my comments. I just believe that those who haven’t actually seen Fairland play, will look at this score wrong as it was actually a 7–9 point game and Fairland was bad. You’re right though, Alexander made them uncomfortable. I personally don’t think that was the full reason though and I do actually believe Fairland is a better team than Alexander. They were not tonight though, Congrats to Alexander
It was actually a 7-9 point game??? Wasn't the final 49-26?? My math says 23 point win, or almost doubled up however you want to look at it. Fairland a good team simply got handled by Alexander tonight in the 2nd half. Good Luck to Alexander going forward.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Unbiased wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:02 pm

It seems to be the Fairland offense is designed to wear you out with patience on offense, and then take advantage of the back door cuts, etc .. in the 2nd half. But since Alexander goes 9 deep, that was far less effective. Also, #0, I'm guessing averages about 8-10 points a game working from 10ft out and driving to the basket? Having a 6'9 post defender made life a little different for him - and the Fairland offense. Maybe the Dragons are a better team, maybe they are not. Maybe it was just a bad match-up for them for the reasons I just mentioned.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:19 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:03 pm 1. I called the Athens game last night and I will be broadcasting Athens district game. I try and limit my comments and predictions with a team I'm doing on the radio.

Do you do games with lukasmoore?
Yes

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Excellent "W" for the Spartans beating a very good Fairland Dragons TEAM ! Alexander has a solid TEAM - when you look at a TEAM to advance in the post season it starts at the PG position in my book - Alexander has one of the best in JK Kearns - handles the ball well, quick on both sides of the ball, AND can light it up from downtown while being able to get into the paint and finish - nice player NO MATTER what league you play in TVC or NBA ... he makes Alex roll ... one of the players who gets little props that I think has a very solid all around game is Dylan Mecum ... he, Stone Markin, & Riley round out a very good lineup along with Caleb Terry the big man in the middle... I've always thought Terry is the weak link for Alex ... he - in the games I have seen - isn't the offensive threat that he could be ... defensively - he - by his presence alone - changes shots, makes the perimeter D better with him in the paint - with THAT said though - the BIGS get unfair scrutiny - because I along with everyone EXPECT MORE - but the bigs are just 16,17 year olds just like the other players on the court - I hope he turns it up a notch in the post season for AHS ... Alexander is a very good team that proved that tonight vs Fairland ... the Dragons had a GREAT season ! don't take anything away from THAT fact - the post season is a different animal ! give credit to the winners and congratulate those who aren't moving on ...

93bulldog is THE biggest supporter of Athens sports I have ever met ! - to borrow HIS phrase - he makes me want to "throw up" LOL ... he is also an outstanding local radio sports guy who supports ALL of the TVC - boys/girls alike ... and he does exactly what he posted - when he broadcasts he 'tones it down" ... but he still wears that green stuff even when he calls the games LOL ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

haha Thanks Floyd.

Questioning my loyalty is like asking Marty Brennaman if he's a Reds fan. I've been supporting, talking about, lobbying, bragging AND posting for the Bulldogs since day 1 of social media, aka JJHuddle, clear back in 2001/2002 ... lol

As for Terry ... he had 14 points and 6 blocks in the semi's - and led all scorers with 18 tonight.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:49 pm haha Thanks Floyd.

Questioning my loyalty is like asking Marty Brennaman if he's a Reds fan. I've been supporting, talking about, lobbying, bragging AND posting for the Bulldogs since day 1 of social media, aka JJHuddle, clear back in 2001/2002 ... lol

As for Terry ... he had 14 points and 6 blocks in the semi's - and led all scorers with 18 tonight.
... good for the big man - NOW IS WHEN HE HAS TO SHOW UP in the scorebook as well as those "significant other" Napkin Stats - blocked shots, changing shots, rebounds ... IF Caleb Terry turns HIS game up, the Alexander TEAM is soooo much more dangerous ... Stone Markin, Mecum, Riley, Kearn can do what THEY do without having to DO MORE ... good stuff - 18 points ... works for me !

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:59 pm
93Bulldog wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:49 pm haha Thanks Floyd.

... good for the big man - NOW IS WHEN HE HAS TO SHOW UP in the scorebook as well as those "significant other" Napkin Stats - blocked shots, changing shots, rebounds ... IF Caleb Terry turns HIS game up, the Alexander TEAM is soooo much more dangerous ... Stone Markin, Mecum, Riley, Kearn can do what THEY do without having to DO MORE ... good stuff - 18 points ... works for me !
Excellent PG and a solid 6'9 post man can be a very dangerous combination at tournament time ... The PG/C combo has had a lot of success over the years, not only at the high school level, but March Madness as well.

VisionQuest
All State

Post by VisionQuest »

So I have to ask. Why has 93Bulldog not made any statements or comments about the Logan Elm
And Athens game

Return to “Boys Basketball”