The state stepped in?

1 game or 2?

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Zane Trace vs Athens 2/28

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 am
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm I'm going with the Athens match-up zone to limit the ZT inside game ... Evans doesn't shoot the 3 ball - looks to penetrate ... I like the A'town zone to limit his opportunities ... that leaves us with Swain/Ison both CAN make threes BUT don't put up many ... the size/athleticism of Nesser/Davidson will determine if ZT advances imo - IF the ZT bigs can score vs the size/length of the Bulldogs - Hynes/Butcher/Chubb then it's up for grabs ... Williams had one of his best games vs LE - handling the ball, didn't try to do too much with it AND SCORED ... he's going to get a couple of transition fg's mark it down - it's just what he does with his quickness on the perimeter defensively in the match-up 3-2 ... it will be a close one ! but I'm sticking with AHS in this one ...
Mr pfloyd, “Evans doesn’t shoot the 3 ball?” He led the SVC in 3 pointers this season. He made 44 - 3 pointers this year .
... He must shoot ALL of the 5-7 that ZT puts up per game - which I KNOW isn't the case because when I saw them play at Adena the ONLY ones to make a 3 were Swain & Ison - Evans had zero - as a TEAM they aren't putting up anywhere close to 10 per outing ... ZT is one of the few teams I have seen which runs plays to get a medium range 2 point shot ...

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:31 pm
pfloyd wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm I'm going with the Athens match-up zone to limit the ZT inside game ... Evans doesn't shoot the 3 ball - looks to penetrate ... I like the A'town zone to limit his opportunities ... that leaves us with Swain/Ison both CAN make threes BUT don't put up many ... the size/athleticism of Nesser/Davidson will determine if ZT advances imo - IF the ZT bigs can score vs the size/length of the Bulldogs - Hynes/Butcher/Chubb then it's up for grabs ... Williams had one of his best games vs LE - handling the ball, didn't try to do too much with it AND SCORED ... he's going to get a couple of transition fg's mark it down - it's just what he does with his quickness on the perimeter defensively in the match-up 3-2 ... it will be a close one ! but I'm sticking with AHS in this one ...
Mr pfloyd, “Evans doesn’t shoot the 3 ball?” He led the SVC in 3 pointers this season. He made 44 - 3 pointers this year .
... He must shoot ALL of the 5-7 that ZT puts up per game - which I KNOW isn't the case because when I saw them play at Adena the ONLY ones to make a 3 were Swain & Ison - Evans had zero - as a TEAM they aren't putting up anywhere close to 10 per outing ... ZT is one of the few teams I have seen which runs plays to get a medium range 2 point shot ...
Haha. Yea, they don’t shoot a lot of them but I assure you (he made 44 - 3pointers). He shoots them at a high percentage and some of them have been NBA range . Swain and Ison can shoot the 3 ball as well like you mentioned. I didn’t really want to point you out, but really think it was an inaccurate statement especially after seeing the stats. :)

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

If Evans makes 2 Threes a game then he does get the majority of his points inside the arc.

He’s a handful no matter which way you slice it.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm

Haha. Yea, they don’t shoot a lot of them but I assure you (he made 44 - 3pointers). He shoots them at a high percentage and some of them have been NBA range . Swain and Ison can shoot the 3 ball as well like you mentioned. I didn’t really want to point you out, but really think it was an inaccurate statement especially after seeing the stats. :)
... ohhhh I definitely think he would be able to make a high percentage IF he chose to shoot the 3ball BUT Coach K's Pioneers don't live or die by the 3 ball ... Evans with his ability, and strength to get into the paint & finish - he has defenders back on their heels trying to keep him out of the paint which gives him the opportunity for some good looks from downtown ... hey! don't worry about pointing ME out ! I post what I know/what "I" have seen - you folks who see your teams for 22 games KNOW the team/player so much better - I see them for the matchup of a particular game not the entire season ...

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:52 pm
Spartan12 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:37 pm

... ohhhh I definitely think he would be able to make a high percentage IF he chose to shoot the 3ball BUT Coach K's Pioneers don't live or die by the 3 ball ... Evans with his ability, and strength to get into the paint & finish - he has defenders back on their heels trying to keep him out of the paint which gives him the opportunity for some good looks from downtown ... hey! don't worry about pointing ME out ! I post what I know/what "I" have seen - you folks who see your teams for 22 games KNOW the team/player so much better - I see them for the matchup of a particular game not the entire season ...
He made 44 this season at 35%

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Convo 2/28 6:15PM Zane Trace v Athens

Post by 93Bulldog »

Early weeknight start time ...
First time on the Convo floor ...

Whichever team can adapt to the unusual circumstances and surroundings should have a small advantage. The bigger Convo floor is always talked about and discussed. From reading about ZT it seems they don't have much depth, but with Butcher out and one player with the flu, Athens won't have any depth either. Could be a battle of attrition Thursday with the first team to 40 winning.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

It will be a ugly game no matter who wins----just like Zane Trace at the end---I just wish I could be there.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm If Evans makes 2 Threes a game then he does get the majority of his points inside the arc.

He’s a handful no matter which way you slice it.
Vs Hillsboro he had a pretty balance scoring with three, midrange, and in the paint. Athens needs to keep him from going off.

final4
Waterboy

Post by final4 »

The convo floor is no bigger than Southeastern. Regulation floor is 94' x 50'. The difference is the portable baskets and space behind them when shooting.

warrior1
Waterboy

Post by warrior1 »

93Bulldog wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:00 am Early weeknight start time ...
First time on the Convo floor ...

Whichever team can adapt to the unusual circumstances and surroundings should have a small advantage. The bigger Convo floor is always talked about and discussed. From reading about ZT it seems they don't have much depth, but with Butcher out and one player with the flu, Athens won't have any depth either. Could be a battle of attrition Thursday with the first team to 40 winning.
Rooting for our SVC friends, but hate to see a kid sick. Will he get to play? Which youngster is it?

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

That is true---- just seems to be the latter----Go TVC

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

final4 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm The convo floor is no bigger than Southeastern. Regulation floor is 94' x 50'. The difference is the portable baskets and space behind them when shooting.
Typical High School basketball court in Ohio is 84' X 50', Ohio University court is 94' X 50'. I went to 22 high school games this year and all were smaller than the Convo floor. It does make a difference if a team likes to press or run vs a team that prefers the half court game.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

BUCKEYES wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:37 pm
final4 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 pm The convo floor is no bigger than Southeastern. Regulation floor is 94' x 50'. The difference is the portable baskets and space behind them when shooting.
Typical High School basketball court in Ohio is 84' X 50', Ohio University court is 94' X 50'. I went to 22 high school games this year and all were smaller than the Convo floor. It does make a difference if a team likes to press or run vs a team that prefers the half court game.
Most high school courts now are 94'

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

It seems he more of the bad side-- I hope he plays well for Athens and the TVC--Athens will need him to play a great game to have a chance to win.

Spartan12
Freshman Team

Post by Spartan12 »

vcgrad wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:43 am It seems he more of the bad side-- I hope he plays well for Athens and the TVC--Athens will need him to play a great game to have a chance to win.
Who are you referring to? I must have missed something.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Tonight's game can be heard live on Power 105.5FM ... or streamed online at wxtq.com ... or via phone app, just search Power 105 wxtq in play store.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updates on the update thread. Kinda makes sense...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Guess Athens forgot they had a game today. It happens I guess. I forgot i had to go to work today. Luckily my boss is cool and didn't fire me. :mrgreen:

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hopefully Athens shoots better. The big barn will do that

Return to “Boys Basketball”