Covo 3/1 6:15PM Waverly v Sheridan

toast
All State

Re: Covo 3/1 6:15PM Waverly v Sheridan

Post by toast »

Game starts at 6:15. What time will the doors open?

No secret here Waverly is going to have to shoot the ball well and create some chaos. And perhaps most importantly limit Sheridan to one shot.

Go Tigers!!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:53 am Game starts at 6:15. What time will the doors open?

No secret here Waverly is going to have to shoot the ball well and create some chaos. And perhaps most importantly limit Sheridan to one shot.

Go Tigers!!
I would say the doors open at 5:00 no later than 5:15.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Don't know and a ton about Sheridan... How deep are they?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Sheridan is good. 6-7 deep like most teams. Outstanding point guard guard and 2 solid post guys. This will come down to last 2 minutes

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

I can't see Sheridan losing this game 2 years in a row. They absolutely blew it in the 2nd half last year after it looking like it was going to be a blowout. They HAVE to be more prepared for what went wrong then. The more I think about it, I think Sheridan wins this by 15+.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Any radio coverage (online streaming) for this one?

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Good luck to our friends from Waverly tonight.

I will be doing updates — probably on a different thread that is created by Tri-State ... mattash scrounged through the drawers and found me a press pass and everything.

Safe Travels!

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

Bbjunky. I would be much more worried if you was picking us to win. Don’t think you have been right on much this year. Including telling us every game that Waverlys opponents will have the best guard on the floor. Didn’t happen vs eastern, didn’t happen fvs Athens, didn’t happen vs Jackson, didn’t happen vs Chillicothe, didn’t happen against greenfield. Didn’t happen last year against Sheridan. The only guard that has been successful against waverly this year was Upthegrove from Court House and he is pretty good.
Last edited by Ukfanatic on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prince
Riding the Bench

Post by Prince »

2 different styles. Should be a good one. GO TIGERS

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ukfanatic wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:11 am Bbjunky. I would be much more worried if you was picking us to win. Don’t think you have been right on much this year. Including telling us every game that Waverlys opponents will have the best guard on the floor. Didn’t happen vs eastern, didn’t happen fvs Athens, didn’t happen vs Jackson, didn’t happen vs Chillicothe, didn’t happen against greenfield. Didn’t happen last year against Sheridan. The only guard that has been successful against waverly this year was Upthegrove from Court House and he is pretty good.
I would very much like you to go back and quote my post where I said the other teams guards would be better than Waverly's.

I've always said Waverly has very good guard play, that's been their style of play for many years now -- aggressive and quick guard play. I think Robertson is going to be an absolute stud and already a fantastic shooter. Remington is extremely quick and him and Marquez are both very aggressive/physical defenders.

I definitely didn't say that about Athens or Jackson. I might have said against Chillicothe that Beard is a stud guard/floor general, but I can't foresee myself saying much more than that. I think you may be confusing me with someone else.

Just because I pick against Waverly doesn't mean I'm bashing them. I think Sheridan is very, very good this year. They have an absolute stud who can put up 30 on any given night and an abundance of size. I think they're even better than last year. Doesn't mean I think Waverly is bad, doesn't mean I don't think they have any advantages this game (they DO have better overall guard play than Sheridan in my opinion).. I just think Sheridan learns from their mistakes last year and wins this one by around 15 or more. Hopefully my prediction will mean as much to Waverly's players as it does to you, sounds like it would be a tremendous motivator for them.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Good luck Tigers. Play well Cody and help bring home a W.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updates will be on the Scores thread in just under 20 minutes

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Waverly getting caught in traps and getting beat rebounding. Early blowout end of 1st qtr:

Sheridan 19- Waverly 6.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Halftime: Sheridan 40 - Waverly 17

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Game delayed - need serious prayer for a fan - doing CPR.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Who cares about basketball right now...
PRAYERS! PRAYERS! PRAYERS!

GoIrish
JV Team

Post by GoIrish »

I hope someone from Jackson lets us know if the gentleman pulled through. My anxiety is through the roof.

Waverly was way outsized. Sheridan looked great!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats to Sheridan .moving on. Congrats to Waverly on a good season and best of luck to their seniors.

General
Waterboy

Post by General »

Sorry but those officials were god awful!! Apparently they decided that they would give Waverly a chance in the second half. And the Charge calls??? Some officials feel like if they call charges they are showing how they are the smartest person on the floor. Terrible. Thank god this game wasn’t close so the calls didn’t matter as much.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

We got an update that the gentleman was resuscitated and stabilized at an area hospital. That is way better news than how things looked at the time. Someone else posted the possibility of a coma, that could very well be possible.

Return to “Boys Basketball”