Covo 3/1 8:00PM Jackson v Warren

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: Covo 3/1 8:00PM Jackson v Warren

Post by allamericanironman »

I believe Jackson has the best athletes in d2. Now they believe in themselves. They will battle compete and out physical.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Conrats be the first dist champs for the ironmen .

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Warren is really good but their tournament record outside of a couple years is not very good.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

toldya wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:30 pm Jackson has the weight of FAC ON their shoulders. Can they come through?

Yes !

What a good conference the FAC is

football87
Freshman Team

Post by football87 »

Still don’t get the hype around FAC. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good conference but they only have 1 team making it to district championship. I’m just not sold yet

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

I rarely disagree with Ironmans posts , but I thought the refs were consistent , but overall allowed it to be way to physical in the paint . “ Allow the players to determine the game “. is what you always here . I almost look at it the other way that by letting all contact go the officials is almost giving an unfair advantage to the bigger , stronger team . Jackson had a big muscle advantage against warren and used it . Again they were consistent both ways . Good. luck to Jackson

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

football87 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:08 am Still don’t get the hype around FAC. Don’t get me wrong it’s a good conference but they only have 1 team making it to district championship. I’m just not sold yet
Really isn’t much hype. It’s a very solid conference though. Very competitive with each other and then also out of conference.

Was a decent bit of hype about this conference not lasting and such this summer...but football was good, basketball was good. It’s a good conference and especially for just year 2.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Truth Serum wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am I rarely disagree with Ironmans posts , but I thought the refs were consistent , but overall allowed it to be way to physical in the paint . “ Allow the players to determine the game “. is what you always here . I almost look at it the other way that by letting all contact go the officials is almost giving an unfair advantage to the bigger , stronger team . Jackson had a big muscle advantage against warren and used it . Again they were consistent both ways . Good. luck to Jackson
I prefer a basketball games over football but what I want most is consistency and I have watched 11 tournament games so far and 9 of them have been officiated the same and that’s what I appreciate.

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 am
Truth Serum wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:51 am I rarely disagree with Ironmans posts , but I thought the refs were consistent , but overall allowed it to be way to physical in the paint . “ Allow the players to determine the game “. is what you always here . I almost look at it the other way that by letting all contact go the officials is almost giving an unfair advantage to the bigger , stronger team . Jackson had a big muscle advantage against warren and used it . Again they were consistent both ways . Good. luck to Jackson
I prefer a basketball games over football but what I want most is consistency and I have watched 11 tournament games so far and 9 of them have been officiated the same and that’s what I appreciate.
As alway I92 you’re a voice of wisdom in a mad mad world !

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Congratulations to the Ironmen......good to see Jackson basketball in the district finals. I remember the lean times for so many years for JHS hoops.

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:55 am
I have seen a few tournament games this year as well, and what I would like to see, is cheaper prices at the concession stand. But I agree all the games have been called about the same way. Except maybe Waverly /Greenfield. A lot of fouls called in that game.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Best moment of the night for this old man was looking over and seeing Dan Morrow standing during the last minute of the game as he called the finish.

Go get you at least one more.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
allamericanironman
All Conference

I’m putting in my vote for shaved heads this week! I’m not really a fan of the blonde look. I think that might have been done inspite of other team doing it. Shave them or at least buzz them without the guard!

On the other hand if you dye your hair blonde you better be able to back it up and they did.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:51 am Best moment of the night for this old man was looking over and seeing Dan Morrow standing during the last minute of the game as he called the finish.

Go get you at least one more.
It’s his son coaching but regardless of who was coaching...that win would’ve meant more to Dan than anyone...having his son at help, off the charts I imagine

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:15 am I’m putting in my vote for shaved heads this week! I’m not really a fan of the blonde look. I think that might have been done inspite of other team doing it. Shave them or at least buzz them without the guard!

On the other hand if you dye your hair blonde you better be able to back it up and they did.
Blonde Bombers man

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 am
allamericanironman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:15 am I’m putting in my vote for shaved heads this week! I’m not really a fan of the blonde look. I think that might have been done inspite of other team doing it. Shave them or at least buzz them without the guard!

Blonde Bombers man
I garuntee Walmart is sold out of peroxide!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... from the Cheap Seats EVERYBODY looked the same for I-town ! a blonde pg, a blonde wing man, a blonde post player - hard for someone trying to keep a napkin stat sheet LOL - made me have to look at the numbers !!! couldn't tell 5-7ish Caleb Wallis from 6-5ish Treylan Davis and especially the wings - Donaldson & Donaldson ? Yates/Humphreys ? Hammond & Donaldson & Donaldson ?????? LOL all blonde all long ... you're killing me here Coach Max Morrow !!!! LOL ... as I posted I walked over to the radio section after the games, Dan Morrow & Co. were finishing up , had to shake his hand - great guy and proud of the Ironmen & Coach Max for sure he was ... just another one of the side bars to the post season ... good times !!!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I listened to the Jackson radio broadcast last night and u could feel how proud he was through the radio. Good stuff. I was pulling for the Ironmen as I'm an Eastern alum but Jackson is obviously a bordering school for us . Jackson bus went by my house everyday. Congrats to the Ironmen! Absolutely huge win! Was in Larosas last night and Jackson was a proud town indeed..Jackson has a very good basketball team and fans should be proud of this teams accomplishments already! But as a poster above already said,go get you one more!
Last edited by beaverlover on Sat Mar 02, 2019 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

allamericanironman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:18 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:58 am

Blonde Bombers man
I garuntee Walmart is sold out of peroxide!
Professionally done man

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I like the name the blonde bombers :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”