Convo 3/2 (1) Wheelersburg vs (4) North Adams

bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Re: Convo 3/2 (1) Wheelersburg vs (4) North Adams

Post by bigburgboy »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pm I would venture to say that North Adams will be running zone a good amount of time vs. Wheelersburg.
And hold the basketball i'd assume right, seems like the best way to beat Burg cause it'd sure be tough to out shoot them.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

bigburgboy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 pm
bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:28 pm I would venture to say that North Adams will be running zone a good amount of time vs. Wheelersburg.
And hold the basketball i'd assume right, seems like the best way to beat Burg cause it'd sure be tough to out shoot them.
I don't know, maybe. Over the years North Adams has always been a pretty aggressive team. Not quite as aggressive as say a Waverly, but definitely trending in that direction more so than the slow down game.

Copas has been the coach at North Adams a long time. I think he'll make some adjustments but typically coaches don't completely abandon what butters their bread, so to speak. I think North Adams will zone, but I don't think they'll really slow the game down (not even close to what Meigs did anyway)

Watching SE Ohio basketball
bigburgboy
Riding the Bench

Post by bigburgboy »

bbjunky81 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:36 pm
bigburgboy wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:32 pm
I don't know, maybe. Over the years North Adams has always been a pretty aggressive team. Not quite as aggressive as say a Waverly, but definitely trending in that direction more so than the slow down game.

Copas has been the coach at North Adams a long time. I think he'll make some adjustments but typically coaches don't completely abandon what butters their bread, so to speak. I think North Adams will zone, but I don't think they'll really slow the game down (not even close to what Meigs did anyway)
Thanks for that info because i wasn't really aware of what North Adams really did, but yes I agree with an established coach and his system it'd be silly to completely jump ship for the game.
Goodness yes lol it'd be tough to mimic what Meigs did

Sport Fan
JV Team

Re: #1 Wheelersburg vs #4 North Adams, Saturday 3/2

Post by Sport Fan »

scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm Hopefully Burg plays better and takes each opponent seriously. I don't think they can afford to come out flat like last game anymore. And hopefully Burgs coach has his team ready and fired up to play this time because Ater got out coached by Meigs coach pretty bad and if it wasn't for Burg just having more talent than Meigs Burg would have lost. I mean seriously Burgs coach had a whole week to prepare for Meigs he knew what was coming but I am hoping he learned a lesson from last game and will be prepared for NA and good luck Burg can't wait to get to the convo and cheer on my Pirates!
Are you serious ? I think the Burg coach did his job.. his team only gave up 28 total points. It is not the coaches fault that his team only scored 35 and missing wide open shots that normally do not miss

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: #1 Wheelersburg vs #4 North Adams, Saturday 3/2

Post by wobycat »

Sport Fan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:06 pm
scott1297 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:51 pm Hopefully Burg plays better and takes each opponent seriously. I don't think they can afford to come out flat like last game anymore. And hopefully Burgs coach has his team ready and fired up to play this time because Ater got out coached by Meigs coach pretty bad and if it wasn't for Burg just having more talent than Meigs Burg would have lost. I mean seriously Burgs coach had a whole week to prepare for Meigs he knew what was coming but I am hoping he learned a lesson from last game and will be prepared for NA and good luck Burg can't wait to get to the convo and cheer on my Pirates!
Are you serious ? I think the Burg coach did his job.. his team only gave up 28 total points. It is not the coaches fault that his team only scored 35 and missing wide open shots that normally do not miss
Coach Ater is who he is. I think he knows the game pretty well but he could work on getting his players hungry.

Waterboy

Post by 357 »

Burg by 15 NA has no answer for Holden

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Wheelersburg 58
North Adams 39

Burg shot poorly again but played great defense.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Do you really think that the Coach and the players are not happy to win by 19pts, and move on to the next game in the tournament ? Do they have to win every game 75-30, for it to be a good win? Usually by the time the tournament rolls around, high scores tend to be a thing of the past, not every game, but you are usually playing better teams. I would bet you that the coach and the team is very happy to get the win and move on to the next game. Sometimes we as fans, are the only ones unhappy that we didn't win by the margin we would like. Win or Go home now, whether it be by 1 pt or 30 pts.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Great game to watch. Holden and the rest of the team played well. Congrats to the pirates. Win or go home and it doesn't matter the score. Just move on.
Good run for the North Adams Squad who have all but #33 back for at least one more season and a great reserve squad to add next year. One team wins and moves on and the other takes a few months and prepares for next year. Good luck burg and safe travels.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

VetteMan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 pm Do you really think that the Coach and the players are not happy to win by 19pts, and move on to the next game in the tournament ? Do they have to win every game 75-30, for it to be a good win? Usually by the time the tournament rolls around, high scores tend to be a thing of the past, not every game, but you are usually playing better teams. I would bet you that the coach and the team is very happy to get the win and move on to the next game. Sometimes we as fans, are the only ones unhappy that we didn't win by the margin we would like. Win or Go home now, whether it be by 1 pt or 30 pts.
Who are you talking to? If it's me bacause of my "poor shooting" comment it had nothing to do with them winning by a large margin. A 19 point win was excellent considering how poorly they shot the 3 again. 4/19 is poor shooting no matter how you look at it. I could care less how much they win by, but if they keep up the poor 3 pt shooting it is going to bite them in the ass eventually.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:52 am
VetteMan wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 pm Do you really think that the Coach and the players are not happy to win by 19pts, and move on to the next game in the tournament ? Do they have to win every game 75-30, for it to be a good win? Usually by the time the tournament rolls around, high scores tend to be a thing of the past, not every game, but you are usually playing better teams. I would bet you that the coach and the team is very happy to get the win and move on to the next game. Sometimes we as fans, are the only ones unhappy that we didn't win by the margin we would like. Win or Go home now, whether it be by 1 pt or 30 pts.
Who are you talking to? If it's me bacause of my "poor shooting" comment it had nothing to do with them winning by a large margin. A 19 point win was excellent considering how poorly they shot the 3 again. 4/19 is poor shooting no matter how you look at it. I could care less how much they win by, but if they keep up the poor 3 pt shooting it is going to bite them in the ass eventually.
No, not you or really anyone in particular, just in general. It just seems at times that if they don't win by a large enough margin, that it might be disappointing to some of the Burg fans. Believe me, I have relatives in Burg who are huge Burg fans, and when they don't win by what they think that they should, I always hear about it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 am
Burg_Grad_77 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:52 am
No, not you or really anyone in particular, just in general. It just seems at times that if they don't win by a large enough margin, that it might be disappointing to some of the Burg fans. Believe me, I have relatives in Burg who are huge Burg fans, and when they don't win by what they think that they should, I always hear about it.
I am a burg fan, and this is a true statement. Some feel that you have to blow everyone out. Aggravating. Now I get that people think there are times that the score doesn't indicate one team is better than what shows but who cares? A win is the end goal. Enjoy it. You see that more and more. Well, we won but we shoud've won by 1000. Geez

Return to “Boys Basketball”