Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

mlittle
SEOP

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 pm Well this one is heading south quick.....
I have a funny way of bringing that out

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Netcutter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm I hate that this fine young coach is stepping down. I'm hearing from a reliable source that a former college coach may be applying.
Is it Bob Knight?

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

Was shocked to see this on Preps.

I don't see Barrick or Persin applying or being a good fit.

Of those mentioned, I would guess:

1. Miller would be an obvious choice as an alumni and good basketball mind. But, there is probably some bad blood from his time at Western.
2. I think Fitch makes a lot of sense If Piketon could draw him from Western. He has been a proven winner at Eastern and Western. I also think that would make sense in terms of style of basketball that Piketon enjoys. I always enjoyed the scrappy pressing style of his Eastern teams.
3. Shoemaker is very familiar with the SVC

It will be an interesting hire for Redstreak nation.

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

Truth Serum wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:25 am Was shocked to see this on Preps.

1. Miller would be an obvious choice as an alumni and good basketball mind. But, there is probably some bad blood from his time at Western.
2. I think Fitch makes a lot of sense If Piketon could draw him from Western. He has been a proven winner at Eastern and Western. I also think that would make sense in terms of style of basketball that Piketon enjoys. I always enjoyed the scrappy pressing style of his Eastern teams.

Option 1 would be great!

Options 2&3. I would be upset with as a Piketon fan IMO.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Netcutter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:32 pm I hate that this fine young coach is stepping down. I'm hearing from a reliable source that a former college coach may be applying.
Norman Dale

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

BackTap wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:52 am

Option 1 would be great!

As a fan of Piketon you should be very happy with Fitch, if he were to even apply. Fitch is one of the better coaches around and that shouldn't even be debatable. His kids get after it and are always fundamentally sound. If you want your kids to improve each game and grow into even better men, Fitch would be an outstanding choice.

I would understand your frustration with Shoemaker.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

There is bad blood there with Miller but time and $$ have a funny way of healing things. If Miller wants the job it’s his.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Option 1 would be great!

As a fan of Piketon you should be very happy with Fitch, if he were to even apply. Fitch is one of the better coaches around and that shouldn't even be debatable. His kids get after it and are always fundamentally sound. If you want your kids to improve each game and grow into even better men, Fitch would be an outstanding choice.

I agree. After your first tier coaches like Persin, Barrick, Caldwell, Combs, Maddox, etc, Fitch is certainly one of the best of the next tier level of coaches and years of success with a variety of types of teams has proven that. I just chimed in when his name was mentioned as with others. I also have no clue if he is even gonna apply.

Truth Serum
Riding the Bench

Post by Truth Serum »

mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:26 pm

There is bad blood there with Miller but time and $$ have a funny way of healing things. If Miller wants the job it’s his.
I listed Miller as the obvious choice if old wounds could be mended. However, I doubt Piketon would just hand him the job if some of the names mentioned here applied and I am a Miller supporter.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Truth Serum wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:55 pm
mlittle wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:26 pm

I listed Miller as the obvious choice if old wounds could be mended. However, I doubt Piketon would just hand him the job if some of the names mentioned here applied and I am a Miller supporter.
I don’t see them passing up on him a 2nd time if he wants the job

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I’m telling you with certainty if Miller doesn’t land this job it’ll be because he either didn’t want it or they could agree to certain terms. They won’t hire any names mentioned in this thread over Miller.

BackTap
Riding the Bench

Post by BackTap »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:14 pm

Option 1 would be great!

Difference in opinion. I don't have to be happy with anything lol. You see things one way. I see things another. Simple as that. Just not a big fan, sorry.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I actually think Shoemaker would be a good fit at Piketon.

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

The transparency of “some” people on here are cracking me up sayin that there is bad blood and being able to agree on terms would be the reason Miller wouldn’t come to Piketon. YOU clearly are afraid Piketon will land Coach Miller because you know what he brings to the table. And the fear of going 0-2 to the Streaks for a 2nd year in a row will send you off the deep end making you regret all decisions you’ve made. So keep throwing those crazy comments out there. We all know the games you play.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

nodumpinpike wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:56 pm The transparency of “some” people on here are cracking me up sayin that there is bad blood and being able to agree on terms would be the reason Miller wouldn’t come to Piketon. YOU clearly are afraid Piketon will land Coach Miller because you know what he brings to the table. And the fear of going 0-2 to the Streaks for a 2nd year in a row will send you off the deep end making you regret all decisions you’ve made. So keep throwing those crazy comments out there. We all know the games you play.
Read all my posts. I stated earlier I felt it would be his job if he wants it AND that he would be great for the program and entire community. Nobody wants to play terrible teams so having a competetive program would only enhance the quality of the league which helps us all. I would absolutely encourage it.

We never moved here for basketball so we could lose every game to Piketon for the next 10 years and I wouldn’t have an ounce of regret. This place is awesome!!

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Ok

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

When you went to the U we all hoped your narcissism and level of delusion would go there also.

Oh well we can dare to dream. We will see if the U will be so awesome for you come football season. They seem to have a pretty good back there already.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

We’re getting way off topic.

I want your guys honest opinion of what you think my chances are of landing that coaching job at Piketon?

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

Most wish you would actually go away. You are obsessed with Piketon. Buyer’s remorse?

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Probably pretty good if you all can get over the bad blood and agree on your terms

Return to “Boys Basketball”