Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by VetteMan »

mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 am
baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:18 pm There could be all kinds of "recycled" names come out for this job. Barrick, Shoemaker, Persin, and let me throw another one out there. Jordan?
Man, this job could become very interesting! LOL
Piketon won’t hire a Persin or a Barrick type coach
I really don't know about Barrick, as he does lose a lot of talent, I still doubt he would leave EP. Why would Persin leave Oak Hill for Piketon, he has as much talent coming back as Piketon does. The only place I could see Persin going to, would be his rocking chair.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:03 am
mlittle wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 am
baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:18 pm There could be all kinds of "recycled" names come out for this job. Barrick, Shoemaker, Persin, and let me throw another one out there. Jordan?
Man, this job could become very interesting! LOL
Piketon won’t hire a Persin or a Barrick type coach
I really don't know about Barrick, as he does lose a lot of talent, I still doubt he would leave EP. Why would Persin leave Oak Hill for Piketon, he has as much talent coming back as Piketon does. The only place I could see Persin going to, would be his rocking chair.
Right. I’m not sure either would want to reset at this point in their careers. I don’t think Piketon will be bad next year even though they lose Blanton. If I remember right, they played a bunch of young guys especially near the end.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

After about half way being shown the door at the Burg, why would Barrick leave Eastern Pike to go to Piketon? As far as Persin, he has as much talent coming back at Oak Hill, as what Piketon does, mayby even more. The only move I could see Persin making, would be to his own rocking chair.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Big Bob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:46 am I personally like the Idea of Kyle Miller leading the Streaks. He has been an assistant to 2 successful coaches, and he has been the head coach of a regional participant. He's young, I assume still enthusiastic, and would be able to get the most of the kids.
I think there may still be a little bad blood there from the whole Perdue situation plus I do believe Piketon overlooked him for that job several years ago. But if they could pick him up it would be huge for that community and program.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

I could see Miller taking that job if they gave him a teaching job and named him AD which would all around be better for Piketon

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Aww sounds like someone else from up north has had their feelings hurt at Piketon.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Big Bob wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:22 am Piketon isn't going to have that 20+ points player next year. However, they will have 2 or 3 starters returning, 4 bench players who played solid minutes this past year, plus some young guys who can provide help. With the right coach, I can see them coming close to this years win total. Finding a team leader, that crunch time player, will be key.
I don't see it. I could be wrong and I hope I am. I pull for Piketon most every game. Blanton was an amazing and special talent. When he wasn't scoring he was breaking down the D so others could. And the number of steals he got was incredible. How many wins would Piketon had this season without Blanton. I'm guessing anywhere from 5 to 0. That's just reality.

Hoping Piketon finds a dandy coach. They have an awesome gym and a fine community. Can't wait to see who applies.

nodumpinpike
Riding the Bench

Post by nodumpinpike »

Also sounds like someone might be afraid of Piketon getting Miller. 🙀

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’s a no doubter that Mike Little applies for this job. 100% guarantee

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm It’s a no doubter that Mike Little applies for this job. 100% guarantee
If they want a Piketon alum, that’s where they should go.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

Little would actually make sense for that job come to think of it

hbk1999
JV Team

Post by hbk1999 »

No way Hoops gives up his top advisor

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

It's early in the process but I've already heard of 2 coaches that will be applying. One is a surprise to me, so maybe that's just smoke and mirrors. But this source has been reliable in the past. I will not give the names until they've officially applied as that would not be the right thing to do. I'm also sure that Piketon is in no immediate hurry to even accept applications yet as this should drag out for a couple months. I will say that one of the two has been mentioned in this thread, the other has not.

So now that I've stirred the pot, enjoy the rest of your day :D

Watching SE Ohio basketball
mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:46 pm It’s a no doubter that Mike Little applies for this job. 100% guarantee
Wow. That news leaked fast

metwct44
Riding the Bench

Post by metwct44 »

I wish Evan and his family the best going forward. Also looking forward to the new era coming to Redstreak nation!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

HamPorter wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:44 am Probably because hard work and toughness are things that parents in Piketon don’t like coaches to impart on their kids. If you put in more work on video gmes than you do at basketball, those parents think you should still get reworded with playing time.
🎤. Here I think you dropped this. Lol

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:19 pm It's early in the process but I've already heard of 2 coaches that will be applying. One is a surprise to me, so maybe that's just smoke and mirrors. But this source has been reliable in the past. I will not give the names until they've officially applied as that would not be the right thing to do. I'm also sure that Piketon is in no immediate hurry to even accept applications yet as this should drag out for a couple months. I will say that one of the two has been mentioned in this thread, the other has not.

So now that I've stirred the pot, enjoy the rest of your day :D

Here’s a little more stirring. One has more hair than the other one.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

It’ll be Barrick as Little’s 2nd interview won’t go well

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I’ll just say I would be very shocked if Barrick stays at Eastern. I’m not saying he would go to Piketon but he took the job at Eastern because he did not want to coach in the SOC2 and he fought them moving up to the SOC2. Joining the SOC2 and losing the farm to graduation, I just dont see him sticking around. Does he apply at Piketon, I’d say so.
THAT IS ALL SPECULATION - but that’s what we do on this site.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

smurray wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 pm I’ll just say I would be very shocked if Barrick stays at Eastern. I’m not saying he would go to Piketon but he took the job at Eastern because he did not want to coach in the SOC2 and he fought them moving up to the SOC2. Joining the SOC2 and losing the farm to graduation, I just dont see him sticking around. Does he apply at Piketon, I’d say so.
THAT IS ALL SPECULATION - but that’s what we do on this site.
I also think he applies but I doubt Piketon would hire him. If they do hire him it’ll end within 2 seasons

Return to “Boys Basketball”