Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by MasterOfNone »

Evan has decided to step down as head coach of the redstreaks after 3 seasons. Who will be taking over next??

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Evan Legg Steps Down From Piketon

Post by danicalifornia »

http://www.sohiosa.com/2019/02/26/piket ... ball-post/

Pretty exciting time for Coach Legg, so this move makes sense.

This will be a big hire coming up for Piketon.

public_transport
Waterboy

Post by public_transport »

MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm Evan has decided to step down as head coach of the redstreaks after 3 seasons. Who will be taking over next??
Kyle Miller’s name will come up.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

public_transport wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:28 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:21 pm Evan has decided to step down as head coach of the redstreaks after 3 seasons. Who will be taking over next??
Kyle Miller’s name will come up.
He’s got a pretty good gig in Waverly!

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Will be interesting to see who the next hire will be. I can think of a few that I'd guess would be interested but,there still coaching other teams at this point. I'll leave that alone for now.
Last edited by beaverlover on Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

Would not surprise me to see Barrick or Fitch throw their name in the mix.

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

How about Uhrig? His name was discussed before hiring Legg. What’s he up to these days?

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

baseball16 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:33 pm Would not surprise me to see Barrick or Fitch throw their name in the mix.
Shoemaker would be another name I’d have to think you will hear. I know he’s familiar with the svc

bucknuts09
Freshman Team

Post by bucknuts09 »

This would almost have to be Kyle Miller's job , be very surprised if it wasn't!

mlittle
SEOP

Post by mlittle »

bucknuts09 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:38 pm This would almost have to be Kyle Miller's job , be very surprised if it wasn't!
If he wanted it I’m sure it would make sense but like I said he’s got a good thing at Waverly. Guess we’ll all find out soon enough if he has the itch to run his own program again.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

pfloyd wishes Coach Evan Legg the best in whatever he pursues next in his life ... great player for the Red Streaks, outstanding job as a coach the last 3 years courtside ... Coach Legg & his staff has always welcomed pfloyd whether that be at the Oven or on the road ... thank you coach and the rest of your staff - I wish you all well ...

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Good luck to Legg, time for a Shoe return?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
baseball16
All Conference

Post by baseball16 »

There could be all kinds of "recycled" names come out for this job. Barrick, Shoemaker, Persin, and let me throw another one out there. Jordan?
Man, this job could become very interesting! LOL

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Heard the other night this was going to happen. I wish Evan all the best, he did a fine job at Piketon.

As mlittle said, Kyle Miller has a great thing at Waverly and is next in line to take ove that program when Travis is done. Is that enough to keep him from taking over at his alma mater?
I really don’t see Barrick staying at Eastern next year so maybe he applies. If Barrick moves on from Eastern does Fitch take the Eagles program back over? He does done a great job at Western.
Shoemaker would be a good pick up. No way does Norm leave Oak Hill, he has quite a gig there.

Tigersfan2019
Waterboy

Post by Tigersfan2019 »

Going to be awhile before roberson is done coaching at Waverly so.. His boy is only a freshman and his other boy will be coming up so...

Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

I personally like the Idea of Kyle Miller leading the Streaks. He has been an assistant to 2 successful coaches, and he has been the head coach of a regional participant. He's young, I assume still enthusiastic, and would be able to get the most of the kids.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

Best of luck to Evan Legg. He did a fine job at Piketon.

Reality is...talent matters. Can anyone see Norm staying at Oak Hill? The Oaks are going to be a world of hurt next year and beyond. (unless some talent comes their way) What's the chances of Barrick staying at Eastern? The Eagles will take a huge hit also.

Piketon loses Blanton and others. Just how competitive will the Streaks be over the next few years?

Does any veteran coach or for that matter any one who has coached before really want to take over a program that in all likelihood is going struggle to win more than a few games? Coaching is tough enough when you're winning. It will be interesting watching these situations.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

toast wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 am Best of luck to Evan Legg. He did a fine job at Piketon.

Reality is...talent matters. Can anyone see Norm staying at Oak Hill? The Oaks are going to be a world of hurt next year and beyond. (unless some talent comes their way) What's the chances of Barrick staying at Eastern? The Eagles will take a huge hit also.

Piketon loses Blanton and others. Just how competitive will the Streaks be over the next few years?

Does any veteran coach or for that matter any one who has coached before really want to take over a program that in all likelihood is going struggle to win more than a few games? Coaching is tough enough when you're winning. It will be interesting watching these situations.
Great post.

Piketon looks to be down for the next few years at the very least. Why would Barrick or Persin want to make the jump there if their program is also a little down? Either one would only leave for a clear and obvious upgrade so I think we can remove those two from the list.

Piketon needs to go all in and go after Kyle Miller. Not sure if he'd be interested or not, but hands down is the best possible person they could get for the job.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Big Bob
Waterboy

Post by Big Bob »

Piketon isn't going to have that 20+ points player next year. However, they will have 2 or 3 starters returning, 4 bench players who played solid minutes this past year, plus some young guys who can provide help. With the right coach, I can see them coming close to this years win total. Finding a team leader, that crunch time player, will be key.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

With the money that Piketon pays coaches....There will be some serious applicants.

Return to “Boys Basketball”