Convo 3/3 Glenwood vs. South Webster

burgfella69
JV Team

Re: Convo 3/3 Glenwood vs. South Webster

Post by burgfella69 »

Force Bockway to take bad, contested shots. Have Sexton guard Blevins. Limit SW shooters. Looking for this to be a great game.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

I haven’t seen New Boston this year. Can’t comment on them. The fact they took Eastern to 3OT on the road and pushed The Jeeps to the buzzer in SW tells me they are not to be trivialized

South Webster looked scary Tuesday night. Blevins has 6 and the game was never in doubt. The cast around him continues to improve and this group enjoys being around each other and enjoys playing basketball. They had fun on Tuesday night but still took care of business.

This is turning into a nice little rivalry.

Say what you want about Coach Cox — And I don’t think he minds stirring it up a little — New Boston is definitely a force to be reckoned with and I’m not sure any of us thought that would ever be the case.

He and Coach Cole might be as different as night and day but both have their programs back in The Convo.

Good luck to The Jeeps!

Hopefully this snow will once again miss Southern Ohio.

If any of you can come up tonight and support Washington CH it would be appreciated. I know 8:00 Thursday isn’t optimum! We will be there Sunday. This could be best game of the first 4 days.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

I got the Jeeps by 12 in this one.
Blevins with a minimum of 2 jams

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Interesting that everyone is picking Webster over Glenwood. I think it will be a great game from both teams. But I feel Like Glenwood comes out in this one and moves on to the next step of the tournament. Best of luck to both teams on Sunday . Hopefully the weather does not become a issue .

3sUp
Varsity

Post by 3sUp »

I’ll take New Boston in this game by 2. The convo background could make it a tougher shooting night for both teams and I feel New Boston is more capable of scoring points in the paint than the Jeeps if Bockway plays away from the basket like he usually does

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I think this could be one of the toughest games of all to predict, as either team has the talent to win. There have been a few nights, even when at full strength, that neither team has brought there "A" game. I am convinced that when healthy, Blevins for SW is one of the best all around players in SEO, and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if he put on a show, on the big stage at the Convo.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Portsmouth Daily times misquoted and said the game is on the 2nd. Spread the word

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I could see this game going to OT with depth and free throws being the deciding factor on who wins.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

First game tomorrow of four total games. It will be a long day of some good basketball for some small communities. Bet the farm there will be few people left in town in these little Burg's. The police will be the only ones home. My feeling is ,this is what it's all about.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Updated at top of page on Scores thread

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Excellent game, one where you hate to see anyone lose but you know they have to. Hats off to these 2 teams for putting on an excellent display of basketball and NB hitting Free throw after free throw down the stretch was the difference.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Was a great game for sure that lived up to its billing. New Boston missed 3 free throws in final seconds of close, early-season loss at Webster. Today, they hit 12-12 from the free throw line in the 4th quarter and that was the difference in the ball game. Would not be surprised to see New Boston in the Regional Finals.*

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Should’ve been a district final

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Ironman92 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:30 pm Should’ve been a district final

I just came here to post that we just watched the district championship game.

I don’t think Blevins or Caldwell scored in the second half

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Caldwell did not score after the first quarter according to the radio! As we talked about, the role players would decide this one and New Boston got great efforts from Marcus Saunders and Jerome McKinley today (Webster did too from Tanner Voiers and Andrew Smith).

ironman: yep...talked to a former coach who has watched a lot of basketball all over the district this year and he said winner of NB/SW will probably have easier opponents next 2 games. Blevins' injury caused Webster to drop a few games they likely wouldn't have which resulted in a lower seed/tougher opponents.*

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:45 pm yep...talked to a former coach who has watched a lot of basketball all over the district this year and he said winner of NB/SW will probably have easier opponents next 2 games. Blevins' injury caused Webster to drop a few games they likely wouldn't have which resulted in a lower seed/tougher opponents.*
Not sure why he would say that, given how the SE District has generally fared against the Central in D4 regionals. Whoever wins the Athens 2 district will face a good team that has played a very tough schedule, one that is well-coached, fundamentally sound and talented: exactly the caliber of team you should expect at the regional level.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

To them South Webster boys,

We’re all proud of you for the season you played this year. I’ve been to almost every game the past two seasons and I’d say this was the mostentertaining team to watch since I graduated 8 years ago. the team with Coach Scott, Austin Loop, J Wright, Malone and David Sutton.

We won some tough ones and lost some tough ones. Today’s game could have went either way and I think Coach Cox would agree to that. Nothing to cry home about at all. I started watching Webster basketball in 2003 and I can name the great players from the all these years but I can only remember the names of every player for 3 or 4 of those teams. I’ll remember this one. And Mr Blevins good luck to you wherever you end up. I can say you’ve probably been my favorite player to watch since Nick Aldridge.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Sounded like a great game, back and forth throughout. Both teams left it all on the floor.

Str8Baller32
Waterboy

Re: 3/3 New Boston vs. South Webster @ The Convo

Post by Str8Baller32 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:04 am
Travel_ball wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:20 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:58 am

This will be interesting to see. We very well may be seeing OU jerseys again.
Wow, still can't believe sw had both uniforms and didn't wear the the other color. Which would allow NB to wear there own uniforms but that alone will give NB all the motivation they need. Good luck to both may the best team win!!!
That isn't their problem, though. New Boston hadn't been to the Convo in awhile but you'd think someone within the system knew how the jersey rule works. Why make South Webster kids run off the court and go change when they're not the ones that screwed it up? That only presents a distraction for South Webster players/coaches yet they're the ones who wore the correct ones.

Some teams bring both uniforms, some do not. The fact that South Webster is a team that brought both doesn't mean they HAVE to switch for another teams failure.
The issue with the uniforms... from what I heard the Tigers AD didn’t get the email until late. Coach Cox and the Tigers were halfway to the Convo when he got word and soon as they arrived went to the OHSSA Officials about the situation and pleaded their reason for not having both uniforms (Top seep home uniforms one would think/and late notification) this was an hour before tip. When Officials approached Webster about the situation and ask if they had both uniforms would they be willing to
Switch, but also told Webster technically they can refuse. Webster refused and just so happened the Bobcats Men’s basketball team we’re getting ready for a road trip and their team manager scramble and gathered some old uniforms for the Tigers and the players still had 20minutes before allowed on the court. So I’d say the Tigers had a little extra motivation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”