Convo 3/3 7:15PM Whiteoak vs Waterford

baseball16
All State

Re: Convo 3/3 7:15PM Whiteoak vs Waterford

Post by baseball16 »

I know in baseball the umpire asks if everyone is properly equipped and legal? As a coach, I would have to say yes. If a player after that was not properly equipped the player could be removed or ejected. It was on me as coach to make sure. All I am saying is coaches know what is legal and what is not legal. As for color of uniforms, I understand white as home but when the colors are that far apart, come on man! Should not be that big of an issue. But like Ive heard all my life " Rules are Rules! "

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

baseball16 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:10 pm Whiteoak was considered the home team (Top team on the Bracket). Home team is required to wear White Uniforms (OHSAA, NFHS rule). They were wearing Orange. Not sure what else transpired from there but neither team changed. So it was Orange vs. Green. However, State looked into it. Again, I am not sure exactly what happened. Just hear Say. I do know one team has to wear white. Again, Refs are suppose to enforce rules that should be enforced by Coaches and their Schools. Start holding them accountable for not having their kids in correct regulations of uniforms. Refs have enough to deal with! JMO
Hasn’t OHSAA/NFHS since allowed for gray to be worn as a home color?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm Hasn’t OHSAA/NFHS since allowed for gray to be worn as a home color?
No....gray can only be away and has to be 70% shaded toward black

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

4thgoal wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:04 pm
formerfcfan wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:46 pm Hasn’t OHSAA/NFHS since allowed for gray to be worn as a home color?
No....gray can only be away and has to be 70% shaded toward black
Thank you!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:39 pm
baseball16 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:10 pm Whiteoak was considered the home team (Top team on the Bracket). Home team is required to wear White Uniforms (OHSAA, NFHS rule). They were wearing Orange. Not sure what else transpired from there but neither team changed. So it was Orange vs. Green. However, State looked into it. Again, I am not sure exactly what happened. Just hear Say. I do know one team has to wear white. Again, Refs are suppose to enforce rules that should be enforced by Coaches and their Schools. Start holding them accountable for not having their kids in correct regulations of uniforms. Refs have enough to deal with! JMO
If Whiteoak brought all 3 jerseys, why wouldn't they be wearing their whites?

Waterford was correct in bringing their green/away jerseys.

Seems to be some type of information is missing here.
Whiteoak players brought all 3 jerseys

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 pm

I believe you.... but can you clarify where the problem was here?

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:21 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:08 pm

I believe you.... but can you clarify where the problem was here?
Lol not really. One team green, one team orange. Didn’t affect anything that I saw. Silly the ref was punished.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Who cares. Green and Orange? Whiteoak is orange? WTH?

Sounds like like from the high seats at the Convo it probably looked like the bad skittles spilled out onto the court.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

To take away tournament games from an official with 20+ years experience over this is crazy. I typically don’t cut officials much slack, but this makes no sense

Return to “Boys Basketball”