Opening Nite of Basketball 30 ... D2's

Bballfanseo
Waterboy

Re: Opening Nite of Basketball 30 ... D2's

Post by Bballfanseo »

The game did get a touch tight last night. However, as a neutral observer, I do feel the better team won.

A fan for FU told me last night they lost two 1,000 point scorers from last season and are back in the District Finals for the 4th year in a row. Really impressive!

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Athens was not prepared to play==looked like the had no idea what to do. If not for Williams in the 1st half they might only have 3 or 4pts. Also Pfloyd how much did it cost$$$$ to get that "shout out" before the game????????? That was great!!! Hope games are better to night.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

could have, would have, should have.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bballfanseo wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:00 am The game did get a touch tight last night. However, as a neutral observer, I do feel the better team won.

A fan for FU told me last night they lost two 1,000 point scorers from last season and are back in the District Finals for the 4th year in a row. Really impressive!
Extremely impressive! Those 2 kids were outstanding players (and young men,) so being able to get back to the same level just shows how strong that program is. And they start 2 sophomores and 2 juniors, so they could be back again in the future.

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

petesweaty wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:09 am could have, would have, should have.
Yeah. You are right.

It’s what you are left with when you lose.

Thanks for adding to the discussion.

When I read this board I always wonder what some people’s motivation is. What gets them up in the morning?

petesweaty — not referring to you. Your post is nothing compared to some. In fact I understand yours.

But there are a few who I wonder about ... like what happened to them and made them so bitter or negative.

I guess we all have the power to choose our own route.

Tonight mine will be Jackson Furnace to 279 to 139 to 32 to Richland Avenue — right of way on the traffic circle is a huge advantage. Park in the lot past the football field on the left — again easier out — right turn instead of left turn — bring extra hand warmers for the parking lot attendant... silly college students never dress warm enough... arrive early and find some friends.

Hope night #2 is a fun one.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... when Burns hit the 2 triples it was game on ! at that point every possession on both sides became real ... it became "big" possession after big possession - some key inside shots that should have gone - didn't for CH ... when CH had a couple of empty possessions in a row (FU DID THE SAME - a couple perimeter shots I shook my head at) BUT when the Blue Lions were unable to "get over the hump" by hitting that "just one more is going to turn this into a dog fight" shot it gave the Falcons time to get "disciplined" again - Huston Harrah getting the inside kiss off the glass - it kept the "what felt like in the cheap seats anyway" ... kept control of the game in the FU court ...

... the scores don't tell the story of the games from last night - so many "side bars" that told the story going into the games that had a tremendous influence on the "final scores" ...

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Normally I agree with ‘dani’, but not on this one. FU was more talented, more adept at capitalizing on opportunities and more daring — I just don’t think it really would’ve mattered how full strength WCH could’ve been at depth wise; FU played like the best team in the district last night. Court House turned it up towards the end of the game, and they deserve credit for doing what they had to in key moments to get the margin whittled down (shots knocked down before the horn, twice; Burns’ strapping up from deep etc). I thought it was a well-coached game on both sides, but I will say - in hindsight - I thought Coach Eversole was getting a little too conservative on defense in those last three-to-four minutes: Court House had a window to get the margin down and they took advantage of that. But, then again, what’s to say being more aggressive and applying more on-ball pressure would’ve paid off better for FU? (It’s easy to be a Monday morning QB!)

Am I the only one a little surprised by how (relatively) small and quiet the WCH/FU game was?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

formerfcfan wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:01 am Normally I agree with ‘dani’, but not on this one. FU was more talented, more adept at capitalizing on opportunities and more daring — I just don’t think it really would’ve mattered how full strength WCH could’ve been at depth wise; FU played like the best team in the district last night. Court House turned it up towards the end of the game, and they deserve credit for doing what they had to in key moments to get the margin whittled down (shots knocked down before the horn, twice; Burns’ strapping up from deep etc). I thought it was a well-coached game on both sides, but I will say - in hindsight - I thought Coach Eversole was getting a little too conservative on defense in those last three-to-four minutes: Court House had a window to get the margin down and they took advantage of that. But, then again, what’s to say being more aggressive and applying more on-ball pressure would’ve paid off better for FU? (It’s easy to be a Monday morning QB!)

Am I the only one a little surprised by how (relatively) small and quiet the WCH/FU game was?
I get it and the way FU played last night makes our win over them even more confusing to me (lol)

I thought 3 of the 4 crowds were pretty small/quiet last night. And ZT’s was pretty quiet besides the lady who was loud enough for the entire Convo to hear :lol:

I’ll blame part of that on it being a Thursday night with a full weekend ahead. I think tonight’s crowds will be bigger and more vocal tonight...tighter games would definitely help as well.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:00 am Athens was not prepared to play==looked like the had no idea what to do. If not for Williams in the 1st half they might only have 3 or 4pts. Also Pfloyd how much did it cost$$$$ to get that "shout out" before the game????????? That was great!!! Hope games are better to night.
... LOL ... Lou will yell at me once in awhile - has to ! I'm old as dirt and fall asleep up in the Cheap Seats ! LOL ... I was talking with Lou before the game at the scorers table, he was going over the jumbotron instructions with the young lady running the graphics - I told her she need to find picture of a purple hippo , label it "pfloyd" and run it on the jumbotron a couple times during the games LOL ...

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Fairfield Union was excellent last night.

No doubt.

They are my pick to win this District now.

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk

Return to “Boys Basketball”