Why are Central district officials calling Southeast district games

Waterboy

Why are Central district officials calling Southeast district games

Post by 357 »

Can anyone tell me why Central district officials are calling games at the convo for the Southeast district?
It isn't because the southeast doesn't have enough there are officials sitting in the stands that are qualified to officiate these games and the district board is giving them to Central district officials.

Treyman3
Freshman Team

Re: Why are Central district officials calling Southeast district games

Post by Treyman3 »

Maybe they don’t want a football game officiated by a bunch of arrogant officials who think they are the show?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Treyman3 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:50 pm Maybe they don’t want a football game officiated by a bunch of arrogant officials who think they are the show?
I hope they don't want a football game officiated. It's Basketball lol

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

357 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:53 pm Can anyone tell me why Central district officials are calling games at the convo for the Southeast district?
It isn't because the southeast doesn't have enough there are officials sitting in the stands that are qualified to officiate these games and the district board is giving them to Central district officials.
Really it probably wouldn't matter if we had Big 10 or NBA officials calling the games, if we didn't win, we would find something wrong with the officials. On second thought, we are probably better off with the High School Officials.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

357 wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:53 pm Can anyone tell me why Central district officials are calling games at the convo for the Southeast district?
... does it have anything to do with Logan & Chillicothe both having to play in the OCC/Central District Post Season Party ... does the SEDistrict send anyone to the Central District ?

E High
All State

Post by E High »

SE very seldom wins much in D-1 Central district. Basketball needs a 5th division to equal the playing field and I hate saying that

BBALL99
Freshman Team

Post by BBALL99 »

I thought the officials were very fair and consistent at the Convo on Saturday. It was physical and they called it that way all day. They called the obvious that affected the play.

I also thought the players and coaches for the most part acted great and didn't complain about many calls. I noticed 2 players all day react negatively towards a call.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I've never seen this until regional. I wonder if SE District sent officials to Central. Would only be fair.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Probably a reason some of those officials are sitting in the stands. Fact is most sit their and bash Their own brothers in the SE.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

BBALL99 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 am I thought the officials were very fair and consistent at the Convo on Saturday. It was physical and they called it that way all day. They called the obvious that affected the play.

I also thought the players and coaches for the most part acted great and didn't complain about many calls. I noticed 2 players all day react negatively towards a call.
Yeah, agreed.

I’m from the Central District and until it was mentioned these guys were from up here, I wouldn’t have figured it out myself. You wouldn’t have known they were Central District by how physical they let the boys play — usually the Central is a lot tougher and more strict.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

One of the officials in the Burg game was from the southeastern he has refereed several Burg games during the regular season the shorter dark haired guy with the mustache I think he is really fair and a good ref

Burg grad 85
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

357 is just mad he’s not working at the Convo AGAIN

Waterboy

Post by 357 »

Wrong barlowbandit. I just know that the coaches I am friends with would rather have the officials they have had in regular season games as much as they can because they say the kids know what to expect. And the south east district has some great officials in my opinion. That is why you have never heard me on here bashing them. I have seen officials from all areas of the state and I would but the Southeast up against any of them.

Waterboy

Post by 357 »

I have been watching games at the Convo for maybe 30 plus years and have never noticed this until recently. Maybe it has happened before and I didn't notice it. I just thought that officials work there own district until regional and state games.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Unrelated: how common are two-man crews for JV games in the SE District? This is the only part I’ve seen them in.

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 pm Unrelated: how common are two-man crews for JV games in the SE District? This is the only part I’ve seen them in.
All JV games have 2man crew in SE

blockcharge7
Freshman Team

Post by blockcharge7 »

It's the fact that the southeast gets 10 regional spots for officials this year. The state mandates that regional crews work 1 or 2 district games together as to become familiar with each other. And I believe there were southeast officials working central games this year ,also.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

formerfcfan wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:57 pm Unrelated: how common are two-man crews for JV games in the SE District? This is the only part I’ve seen them in.
I didn’t have a 2 man crew all year on JV. Only had a 2 man crew at the end of the year in the freshman tournament we played in

Waterboy

Post by 357 »

blockcharge7 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:34 pm It's the fact that the southeast gets 10 regional spots for officials this year. The state mandates that regional crews work 1 or 2 district games together as to become familiar with each other. And I believe there were southeast officials working central games this year ,also.
Thank you blockcharge7 that is what I was looking for just a reason as to why.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

beaverlover wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:00 pm
All JV games have 2man crew in SE
? I hardly saw any

Return to “Boys Basketball”