3/10 5PM Sheridan (19-5) v Jackson (17-7)

allamericanironman
All Conference

Re: 3/10 5PM Sheridan (19-5) v Jackson (17-7)

Post by allamericanironman »

❤️ the ❤️ fellas

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Sheridan too big for Jackson. They have shooters to hit shots and big and strong kids underneath. Sheridan 57-43

allamericanironman
All Conference

Ed Ott wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:55 pm Sheridan too big for Jackson. They have shooters to hit shots and big and strong kids underneath. Sheridan 57-43
Boo
14 pt spread
Jerky boy
I bet your dancing around the living room like gold dust after you sent that post!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 pm
Ed Ott wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:55 pm Sheridan too big for Jackson. They have shooters to hit shots and big and strong kids underneath. Sheridan 57-43
Boo
14 pt spread
Jerky boy
I bet your dancing around the living room like gold dust after you sent that post!
How many varsity games have you watched in the 2018-19 season plus tournament?

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

can’t believe Jackson just scraped by GA then beat Maddox and Warren by double digits

Sheridan destroyed Waverly and Waverly beat Jackson

I’ll guess Sheridan by 10 I guess

allamericanironman
All Conference

Vik wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:26 pm can’t believe Jackson just scraped by GA then beat Maddox and Warren by double digits

Sheridan destroyed Waverly and Waverly beat Jackson

I’ll guess Sheridan by 10 I guess
Davis got hurt vs Waverly. The game was at Waverly.

How did Sheridan finish the season out?

So a 14 and 10 point spread I’d take that bet

Would Sheridan beat warren...no

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Davis didn’t get hurt at Waverly game, he was hurt going into that game

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

These two teams could very well meet in the same type of situation come November !!!!

Hopefully the officials will let them play the game hard and Physical.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm I’m rooting for Jackson.

32 is the route I will take.

I hope it’s not a rout.

Humphreys has a tendency to root people out of the lane.
Humphreys a D1 commit as LB to Robert Morris, class valedictorian and scored an incredible 32 on his ACT
I like my footballers we can count on them. Best play of the football season Brice Graham goes across the middle I think it was the courthouse game. He sticks his arm out parallel and full on goes for a close line. One of the greatest plays I have ever seen. He is a warrior. I bet he got a 3 or a 2 on his act.

Hump sees how fast he can use his fouls he just loves contact. He’s got a head like a housecat. I guess it’s full of 🧠. That is quite the impressive noggin! Humps gonna play bull in the ring come Sunday. I doubt that he gives 2 chits how good his man is I’d bet the farm he has his way with whom ever wants a piece of his paint!
Haven't seen either team play this year but have listened to radio streaming stations this postseason and Sheridan's basketball team has been improving the last few years and continues to do so . I know they're different sports & years but i've had the privilege in the past to be on the sidelines and observe some of their great football teams over the years in the regular season and playoff games so I don't think anything has changed as far as the toughness and physicality of the "children of the corn" kids as I call them in that school district. If they continue to improve on the hardwood they may start something that equals their football & wrestling teams which have been good for a long, long , long time. My prediction: Sheridan by 12

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

allamericanironman wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:45 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:30 pm
LucasDavenport wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:25 pm I’m rooting for Jackson.

32 is the route I will take.

I hope it’s not a rout.

Humphreys has a tendency to root people out of the lane.
Humphreys a D1 commit as LB to Robert Morris, class valedictorian and scored an incredible 32 on his ACT
I like my footballers we can count on them. Best play of the football season Brice Graham goes across the middle I think it was the courthouse game. He sticks his arm out parallel and full on goes for a close line. One of the greatest plays I have ever seen. He is a warrior. I bet he got a 3 or a 2 on his act.

Hump sees how fast he can use his fouls he just loves contact. He’s got a head like a housecat. I guess it’s full of 🧠. That is quite the impressive noggin! Humps gonna play bull in the ring come Sunday. I doubt that he gives 2 chits how good his man is I’d bet the farm he has his way with whom ever wants a piece of his paint!
Not sure what Mr.Graham scored on his ACT, However I believe he is a 4.0 student as well.

Jackie Moon
Riding the Bench

Post by Jackie Moon »

Not sure what Mr.Graham scored on his ACT, However I believe he is a 4.0 student as well.

I'd be willing to bet it was higher than yours and mine combined!

sportsdude
Waterboy

Post by sportsdude »

lets go boys! bring it home!

Pete_Bell
Freshman Team

Post by Pete_Bell »

Jackie Moon wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:10 am Not sure what Mr.Graham scored on his ACT, However I believe he is a 4.0 student as well.

I'd be willing to bet it was higher than yours and mine combined!
Mr. Moon, is this your way of saying that I'm not intelligent. If were any smarter I would think... wait what are we talking about?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... pfloyd is looking forward to seeing this one ! so many story lines in this one ! - Jackson brings in THE BEST all around PG in SE Ohio - Caleb Wallis (jr) is the whole package - handles the ball as well as/better than anyone in SE Ohio, distributes the ball/finds his teammates where they can score on the floor, gets to the rim, what has made him most dangerous this season - CW has added the 3 ball to his repertoire of skills (3 straight triples vs Warren) - you better find him on the court ... for Sheridan Ethan Heller (12) lefty G/PG - is one of IF not THE BEST perimeter scorer in SEO - always fun to watch as he sets up the perimeter 3 ball with his ability to take the defender off the dribble to the rim or midrange shot ... Cooper Donaldson for Jackson - you name it - the young man scores in every way you can name - finishes at the rim, rebounds the ball/putback buckets, scorers in waves - perimeter 3 ball/drives/transition game ... I like the matchup between Grant Heileman (SHS) and Treylan Davis (JSH) ... I like Davis in the matchup BUT he has to show up ! - I watch Davis vs Washington CH early in the season - unstoppable - 22 points- TD NEEDS THAT kind of performance vs Heileman for JHS to stay involved for 4 quarters ... role players for both teams need to show - Jackson - Neven Yates/Matt Humphreys? looking to see how they handle the size and strength of Luken Hill/Landen Russell - going to be great battles all game ... who's role players contributes in the scorebook? Jackson - Braxton Hammond/Caden Donaldson ... Sheridan's Costa Coconus/Ethan Malone/Adam Boyle/Nate Johnson ... Sheridan gets the nod in depth ... looking to see how much gas the Ironmen have down the stretch ... points I marked on my Napkin Stat sheet - hows does JHS handle a Sheridan 3-2 zone ? how does Sheridan handle perimeter pressure? will JHS force Heller to give up the ball on the perimeter? and as always I am going to look for the TO's on the Sheridan side of the napkin stat sheet - I still have questions about the ballhandling for SHS ... if I put it all together - THIS ONE WILL BE A GREAT GAME AS SEEN FROM THE CHEAP SEATS IN THE ROUND HOUSE !

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

pfloyd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:03 pm ... pfloyd is looking forward to seeing this one ! so many story lines in this one ! - Jackson brings in THE BEST all around PG in SE Ohio - Caleb Wallis (jr) is the whole package - handles the ball as well as/better than anyone in SE Ohio, distributes the ball/finds his teammates where they can score on the floor, gets to the rim, what has made him most dangerous this season - CW has added the 3 ball to his repertoire of skills (3 straight triples vs Warren) - you better find him on the court ... for Sheridan Ethan Heller (12) lefty G/PG - is one of IF not THE BEST perimeter scorer in SEO - always fun to watch as he sets up the perimeter 3 ball with his ability to take the defender off the dribble to the rim or midrange shot ... Cooper Donaldson for Jackson - you name it - the young man scores in every way you can name - finishes at the rim, rebounds the ball/putback buckets, scorers in waves - perimeter 3 ball/drives/transition game ... I like the matchup between Grant Heileman (SHS) and Treylan Davis (JSH) ... I like Davis in the matchup BUT he has to show up ! - I watch Davis vs Washington CH early in the season - unstoppable - 22 points- TD NEEDS THAT kind of performance vs Heileman for JHS to stay involved for 4 quarters ... role players for both teams need to show - Jackson - Neven Yates/Matt Humphreys? looking to see how they handle the size and strength of Luken Hill/Landen Russell - going to be great battles all game ... who's role players contributes in the scorebook? Jackson - Braxton Hammond/Caden Donaldson ... Sheridan's Costa Coconus/Ethan Malone/Adam Boyle/Nate Johnson ... Sheridan gets the nod in depth ... looking to see how much gas the Ironmen have down the stretch ... points I marked on my Napkin Stat sheet - hows does JHS handle a Sheridan 3-2 zone ? how does Sheridan handle perimeter pressure? will JHS force Heller to give up the ball on the perimeter? and as always I am going to look for the TO's on the Sheridan side of the napkin stat sheet - I still have questions about the ballhandling for SHS ... if I put it all together - THIS ONE WILL BE A GREAT GAME AS SEEN FROM THE CHEAP SEATS IN THE ROUND HOUSE !
Jackson may have 6’3 big man TJ Byrd ready for call as well to bang with the bigs.

Jackson has had VERY low turnover numbers the last several games.

This game has the feel of one of the Rocky movies...hopefully the right one

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:18 pm
pfloyd wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:03 pm ... pfloyd is looking forward to seeing this one ! so many story lines in this one ! - Jackson brings in THE BEST all around PG in SE Ohio - Caleb Wallis (jr) is the whole package - handles the ball as well as/better than anyone in SE Ohio, distributes the ball/finds his teammates where they can score on the floor, gets to the rim, what has made him most dangerous this season - CW has added the 3 ball to his repertoire of skills (3 straight triples vs Warren) - you better find him on the court ... for Sheridan Ethan Heller (12) lefty G/PG - is one of IF not THE BEST perimeter scorer in SEO - always fun to watch as he sets up the perimeter 3 ball with his ability to take the defender off the dribble to the rim or midrange shot ... Cooper Donaldson for Jackson - you name it - the young man scores in every way you can name - finishes at the rim, rebounds the ball/putback buckets, scorers in waves - perimeter 3 ball/drives/transition game ... I like the matchup between Grant Heileman (SHS) and Treylan Davis (JSH) ... I like Davis in the matchup BUT he has to show up ! - I watch Davis vs Washington CH early in the season - unstoppable - 22 points- TD NEEDS THAT kind of performance vs Heileman for JHS to stay involved for 4 quarters ... role players for both teams need to show - Jackson - Neven Yates/Matt Humphreys? looking to see how they handle the size and strength of Luken Hill/Landen Russell - going to be great battles all game ... who's role players contributes in the scorebook? Jackson - Braxton Hammond/Caden Donaldson ... Sheridan's Costa Coconus/Ethan Malone/Adam Boyle/Nate Johnson ... Sheridan gets the nod in depth ... looking to see how much gas the Ironmen have down the stretch ... points I marked on my Napkin Stat sheet - hows does JHS handle a Sheridan 3-2 zone ? how does Sheridan handle perimeter pressure? will JHS force Heller to give up the ball on the perimeter? and as always I am going to look for the TO's on the Sheridan side of the napkin stat sheet - I still have questions about the ballhandling for SHS ... if I put it all together - THIS ONE WILL BE A GREAT GAME AS SEEN FROM THE CHEAP SEATS IN THE ROUND HOUSE !
Jackson may have 6’3 big man TJ Byrd ready for call as well to bang with the bigs.

Jackson has had VERY low turnover numbers the last several games.

This game has the feel of one of the Rocky movies...hopefully the right one
... I posted after the Warren game "the Jackson D may have been the BEST TEAM defensive game I have seen by any one team" - there were NO shots to be had/taken ! inside/outside - nada !!! passes inside were stolen/deflected - hands everywhere - simply outstanding imo ... glad to see THAT about Byrd ! minutes from a solid big off the bench will be needed for sure as Sheridan WILL play 9 ... this one might come down to which team can create matchups with their benches that allow them to get separation on the scoreboard ... ANYTIME a team can get more shots on goal due to NOT turning the ball over - it's a BIG advantage ... I THINK JHS with their quickness defensively can turn Sheridan over - a weak area in my opinion for Sheridan has been taking care of the ball on the perimeter - especially when the opposing team can get the ball OUT of Hellers hands - make everyone else make decisions with the ball ... with Jackson's TEAM speed/hands defensively on the perimeter - I like JHS's chances ... I try to stay neutral BUT I'm a big time Caleb Wallis fan - I have to be in the Ironmen corner in this one ...

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Pfloyd, Is Sheridan a lot bigger down low than Jackson in height ? If so, is one of the big keys to the game, being that T. Davis for Jackson needs to be on the floor, and not in serious foul trouble ? Sounds as if the Pt. guards for each team will be a great battle, plus Heller and Donaldson likewise. It then very well could come down to witch Roll players for each team, is able to step up and contribute the most throughout the game. As always, a very good outlook for the upcoming game.

maizeandblue
Waterboy

Post by maizeandblue »

Very impressed with Sheridan. May be a tall task for Jackson to come out on top but I believe they will keep this game closer than what Waverly could

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Should be great game if both play their best--Give Sheridan the edge --will be a 4 to 6 pt game either way.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Get here faster

Return to “Boys Basketball”